M-muh propoganda

>m-muh propoganda
>every film about history needs to be completely accurate! if i keep saying this i'll look smart! f-fucking holywood audience dumb!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H1Wu-zAdbc4?t=20m35s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

was this movie propaganda?

Mel Gibson looks like he sucks cocks, always has. He's got a major case of "gay face".

>kills an entire fort on his own
>literally cucks the prince of England or whatever it was
>comic relief scenes right before the climatic battle of movie like it's some Prequel shit

it should be in the same genre as Robin Hood with Costner

>should be
It already is. It's one step above robinhood men in tights

Yes. Gibson's made very little effort to hide his hatred of England.

Fuck England though, the place is shit. You know what?!! Fuck the Queen too, and fuck 'er little doggies while you're at it!

highlander is more historically accurate than this meme movie

>Battle of Stirling Bridge
>No bridge
What did Mel mean by this?

this tbqh

Hello, Nigel de Wigglesworth-Steinberg

>Australian-American playing a Scot who kills a lot of English

Does Mel have something against England?

tbf he didn't want to star in it and wanted to cast a nobody, but producers threatened to back out of funding it

Gladiator was much better.

the wheat wasn't realistic for that time period

Historical accuracy matters, shithead. Gibson is a cultural criminal for this.

>youtu.be/H1Wu-zAdbc4?t=20m35s

these are both propagandistic movies, watch this 20 mins in

it's funny how triggered the inbred britcancer gets. i hope one day your entire cancerous island gets nuked out of existence. literal subhumans

>tfw true kino while still being historically accurate

Braveheart is a really good movie. Just because it makes old English people look bad doesn't mean it's personally attacking you, OP. It'll be ok. Nobody's making fun of you.

You're the only butthurt one here friendo

Post comprehension: 0

It should aim for some accuracy faggot #alternative fact

fuck the queen

t. American

Heh, watched this for the first time just the other day. If I take it as a fantasy movie it's pretty great. Take it at face value and it's pretty shitty.

the bloodthirsty warmongers deserve every ounce of hate they get

Australian-American implies he was born in America to Australian parents

The face paint is where I draw the line, too far into absolute memery

you tell me

>Letting the flag touch the ground
Pretty shitty patriotism desu

>every film about history needs to be completely accurate!
I think having the Spanish land 600 years early was a less a nit pick about it being completely accurate, and more a nit pick about being completely inaccurate.

Though at least in the theater I saw that in, pretty much everyone started murmuring WTF at the same time.

Can you name another historical movie that takes place within recorded history and gets the date that wrong?

But we know for a fact history is a lie

How is it propaganda when everyone loved Longshanks?

Honestly, as long as no one is watching Braveheart then claiming to know all of English/Scottish history, I really don't see what the problem is with embellishing details to make for a better story.

>b-but muh robert da bruce!

Fuck off, Robert's betrayal is one of the most powerful scenes in the whole film.

No, it just didn't take a particularly kind of view of British Military Officers. That doesn't make it propaganda. It just means their intended audience likely was not British Military Officers.

I hate when people shit on Mel for historical inaccuracy bullshit.

Studied abroad at the London School of Economics & Political Science while I was an undergrad and one of my LSE professors would NOT stop bitching about how much he hated Mel Gibson and George Bush. He would find a way to work into EVERY SINGLE LECTURE that
>A. The Patriot was historically inaccurate and we are all tossers for liking it.
>B. The Iraq War was the biggest mistake in the entirety of history and George Bush is literally Hitler

The only people who seem super butthurt over these movies are the Brits.

Good ol Braveheart