Countercultural /trb/

Old: >Facepack (scroll down for torrent):
sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/1/cut-out-player-faces

>Real names and German/Japanese NT fix
sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/29149/fm2017-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix-file-beta-v11-for-fm17-beta-20102016

>Logos
fmscout.com/c-fm18-logos.html

>Pastebin: Learn how to tribble
pastebin.com/qwvspy9X (embed)

>Macca's official /trb/ database:
2015: pastebin.com/uj27eQhe (embed)
2016: pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap (embed)

Thread Official match: footballia.net/matches/real-madrid-eintracht-frankfurt

Thread Official song: youtube.com/watch?v=wsVqjNTbUGg

Thread Official livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=m9VO7X_q9nw

Other urls found in this thread:

rojadirectatv.tv/cdf-premium.php
discordapp.com/invite/GvvW7J2
strawpoll.com/w174kxar
youtube.com/watch?v=ZU4SJsOMzuQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shit thread

>plan to only replace my AMR and LB in the summer
>end up replacing AMR, AML, RB, LB, CM and DM because of cunts demanding moves to China for crazy wages

Fuck I hate this game sometimes. Now the whole squad is like low in familiarity because everyone is a new purchase and I'm gonna have a shit start to the season

You seem moody.
Here, have a qt for you.

reminder to watch chilean second division matches guys, they're good for you
this is also the second leg of the promotion playoffs, in which the team that plays away today won 1-0 in the first leg

linkeroni: rojadirectatv.tv/cdf-premium.php

f-fuck you

I am stuck in my save because I can't decide if to sell all my wingers now and switching from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-1-2 or if to do this next season when my star winger would be near retirement.

you also missed

>Dead Discord
discordapp.com/invite/GvvW7J2

>Should I, a simple pleb to the ways of /trb/, purchase 18?
no

>Important Poll: strawpoll.com/w174kxar

and your stream and song are shit

Stop posting that poll
also stop posting that dead discord that no one uses
also both the stream and the song are nice
also stop posting that shit about fm18 because no one was reading it anyway and we'll have to cope with plebs asking if they should get 18 in every thread wether you like it or not

this shit thread is the punishment I get for putting my heart and soul into my OP's, taking my time and producing the best possible thread

a good thread starts with a good OP, and what you've done here is you've fucked this thread

so, good job

Someone needs to program a bot that just posts "Yes, you should buy 18." every hour

Stream doesn't work on my phone, cant get past the ads either.

I am still to see a good thread made by you tBh
not even bullying

>tfw no ads on pc
well it's unluggy, there was a murder already

>there was a murder already
I was just about to ask you about the murder rate in these matches

yeah player just went and elbowed an opponent in the second minute, right in the midfield, for no reason at all

I hope you're proud of what you've done to this dying general
one big stab in the chest, that's what you've achieved here today

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and what a golazo too, this is UCL material

now they're 1-1 on aggregate, this is so weirdly interesting

>tfw no courses on van Gaal's philosopheee at Uni. Who cares about Kant, anyway, and what formation would he use?

>not doing a leap of faith into the 2-5-3 formation

>2-5-3
>not 2-3-5
you disgrace

I am still just fumbling around on the aesthetic stage.

This could be passable as a 2-5-3

WM

>2-3-5 formation
sounds like a sin to me my friend. bad and sinful formations are a sickness unto death for football and to be wiped out.

also, kant would exclusively play 4-4-2, a formation given by god, communicated via nature, out of this world and thus transcending the beautiful and entering the sublime. he would lose every match though as it is clearly his duty to help his opponents win.

>passable
>not the goat formation

Surely, all draws would be better, as it cannot be a universal maxim for everybody to lose or win.

We call that formation 433

youtube.com/watch?v=ZU4SJsOMzuQ

in his short essay "on a supposed right to lie from altruistic motives" kant argues that an inn keeper should refrain from lying even when being asked by a supposed murderer for the whereabouts of a man staying in his inn. this clearly shows kant's line of thinking. the categorical imperative holds no matter what - even if you are the only one obeying it. the kantian duty is first and foremost a personal duty.

of course, in a perfect kantian world, every manager would try his best to make his opponents win, presumably resulting in a high percentage of draws. since it is highly unlikely that other managers take deontological arguments seriously (and if they did, they would get fired pretty soon), kant is bound to lose every game, as he would be the only manager playing to lose. we can imagine his smug face during the interview after another 5-0 defeat, calmly explaining ethics to a sports journalist who skipped philosophy classes as a 20 year old uni student to shag his 16 year old gf from 3-5 pm every second wednesday afternoon

I was thinking of starting a YouTube series whereby I role play as different philosophers. Or I may just do it as a series of novels.

good post and poster

would watch a youtube series with set readings to follow along with

go for it, would give it a watch

I took a philosophy class last spring and hated it
>tfw Im a small brained Wojak in this thread

Philosophy is the less literate of all disciplines, literally a bunch of drug addicts who think of themselves as intellectually superior to the rest of the population and can't do anything remotely useful for society.

i went to philosophy classes in 3 different universities in my free time (not enrolled, just as a visitor) and a lot of them were garbage, mostly because a lot of students dont actually like reading philosophy and putting in the required hours. reading philosophy properly takes time and effort, and most people want to go the easy way - they want to understand nietzsche without working for it, not realising that enjoying and understanding nietzsche is hard and impossible without struggling with text. in a way, this exact struggle is what philosophy is about. the stadard leftist analysis would be to blame consumerism for educating people to crave instant gratification; and I don't think that's far from the truth 2bh.

>philosophy isnt remotely useful society
come on butters, if you look at changes in society in the past 300 years (workers movement, feminist movement, focus on individual freedom, a working framework for science), philosophy is pretty much at the core of all of them. and im not even mentioning the links between art and philosophy that definitely exist as well.

sorry for off topic posting lads.

>Real Madrid unsettles my player
>He doesn't show up to training and two weeks later he doesn't show up for a friendly
>I've saved 4 weeks in wages now thanks to them
Sometimes your worst enemies are your best friends.

I had a professor who was like president of American Nietzsche society or some shit and read the material but I just couldnt make myself care

Behold, Immanuel Kant.
I was hoping for an available job at a University's football club, so I have to manage a random club in the meantime.

FM 2017 vs FM 2016 which one fellas?

>workers movement
I wouldn't call Marx and Bakunin philosophers tBh, although you could argue that Marx was.
>feminist movement
This one is true since comes from the French Revolution that was an Enlightenment movement and Englightenment is more a philosophical current than a social one.
>focus on individual freedom
A mistake in any case
>a working framework for science
Darwin was not a philosopher.
I could fill a book with incongruent thoughts and call it philosophy.

FM 2014

I personally prefer economics to philosophy desu
anyway, someone should make a german league where every team is owned by Red Bull except Bayren Munich
And name every player after billionaires and CEO's

I like this new intellectual /trb/, as an intellectual myself it's really right down my alley

I already have FM 2014.

What makes 17 better than 16?

they're pretty much the same game, 17 just a bit more polished engine wise

gotcha, thanks m8

I agree, sports and intellectual discussions are comfy. Usually in life you only get one or another, where someone knows everything about sports but nothing intellectual, or someone is very intellectual but lacks in knowledge of sports. As someone who is proficient in both areas I would love somewhere where the two meet.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Football Manager. The tactics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the mechanics will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Miles’ nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his game- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these mechanics, to realise that they’re not just realistic- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Football Manager truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in SI’s regen faces, which are a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Miles Jacobson’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Football Manager tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

I'll give you a free (you)

thanks, that took a few minutes of work

would've changed 5 iq points to 1 UEFA coaching badge but otherwise dece

The winger and striker being ends in and for themselves

Not bad Kiwi

>There’s also Miles’ nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his game
>deftly woven into his game
>into his game
>game

it is a game though, my lower iq friends

cheeky pittrick there

Went to milan over psg, relamad, barca and others

Milan hasnt even won anything in five years..

If you guys were right about him they wont for a good while

>but muh historical success desu

Im like Arsene in this save, I follow youngsters for years, I have them on my shortlist and keep tabs on them until they change clubs twice and end up at a massive club. I followed a kid for two years before I signed him, and then he broke his leg and never lived up to his potential.

Meanwhile these other kids i didnt sign are ripping up the leagues, peak arsene.

I have to pick my targets carefully and if they get sold to a medium sized club i can no longer afford, due to a stingy board taking 50% of my transfer fee in director bonuses and the fact that sponsorships are fucking wack yo, oh and the new stadium, who could forget.

I think reputation is gained somewhat quicker in FM18 than previously, and if you have been a stable, good team for a few decades, it is reasonable not to drop too quickly in reputation. Milan and Liverpool are good test cases for this.

what the fuck

£17.75M bid accepted. Is this little lad worth it?

>scottish
>5'9
No

As long as he's not shit at important matches.

>autistically spent nearly my entire day playing on half a transfer window

Is this the ultimate hoofball tactic?
minus the target men because lol meximanlet strikers
wingbacks are set to attack btw

sweatingman.jpg

>using an Anchor Man when you already have 3 CBs and two other DMS

>playing hoofball to manlets down the middle

why have you done this?

>shoot on sight

honestly I think that's the worst part.

>no target man

see me after class

>using a target man for any tactic
>ever

don't use my oc

3 key midfield players dead
going up against 3rd place who has scored a shit ton of goals
no decent backups
Wish me luck

you're a mad man
good luck out there champ

>fierro on the bench

he'll be a super sub if i need more pace

it's not my fault all your regens are weak manlets

For any tactic you have, there's a better role you could be using. They can work in real life, but on FM your team ends up making the dumbest attempts to hoof it to the TM over and over.

>the state of the AI's free kick defending
won the game at 91 minutes in cause of this thanks mike

>carlos fierro
now thats a meme i haven't thought about in years

Best and worst roles?

TM still seems to be shit with me with 1 or 2 ST's and advanced forwards seem to be still working pretty good.

>the TM's are bad meme
they are pretty bad as an individual sure, but they can be really useful within the workings of a team

best role is obviously treq, worst is all roles which go in the DM strata

I've barely played so far this year, been busy with work.

Treq are OP this year? I've been leaning on a 4-2-3-1 this year but might mix it up a bit soon.

I have also had some success with Raumdeuter's for some reason. I want to try a treq though now and see how broke they are.

>DMs are shit
I feel like this has been true for almost any formation I have tried them in. I thought I just didnt know what I was doing with them.

I think the most success I had was with anchor.

Best:
CF
CM(A)
DLP(D)
IWB
BPD
AP(CAM)
SS (only in strikerless formations)

Worst:
Anyone out wide that isn't part of a back 4/5
Anchor Man
Roaming Playmaker
Target Man
Half Back
Regista

Also forgot to include defensive fullback in worst, I forgot that role even exists.

treqs are great every year, maybe slightly less so in 18 but still great as far as I can tell

I spent a long time fucking around trying to get any DM working in 17 and it's beyond me
I think it's just fucked 2bh

accurate post

the only good DMs are segundo volante and DLPd as a holding midfielder

>segundo volante

I haven't tried that role out yet, how is it different from being a...deeper box to box?

DLPd in the midfield > DLPd in the DM strata

it felt prety decent but in the end i moved them to a b2b, I think you need a real good player to make it work
yeah it may be better in central midfield but its by no means bad

>worst is all roles which go in the DM strata

it's your tactics

basic DMd works fine

halfback is GOAT if you let your wingbacks go forward

case in point

You don't need a HB to let your WBs get forward tho

how does the HB work when its not in the center?

I don't know 18's engine that well 2bhwy, i'm assuming that's what you're basing this on

pls no bully

The HB role has not changed.