Remember when Bart was actually relatable?

Remember when Bart was actually relatable?

>when Bart was so dumb he couldn't pass a simple test and was about to repeat the 4th grade
>relatable
for you.

>>when Bart was so dumb he couldn't pass a simple test and was about to repeat the 4th grade
Yeah seriously he was a moron.
Lisa was closer to being relatable academically in elementary school and that is with very little studying.

no, and that's why homer became the focus of the show.

he's the yutz people can related to.

when I went to a new, better school in the final term of grade 3 my mother wanted me to repeat but the teacher said there was no need.

*relate
fug, that typo just illustrated my point

bart got people interested, homer kept them interested

Do kids actually get held back in school?

I did literally no work for five years of primary school aside from tests and never had any problems.

No because I actually did well in school.

>Do kids actually get held back in school?
this did happen with some frequency, but later 'social promotion' was en vogue

No, I'm not a degenerate retard like you.

Yeah, my mom's a teacher and they bumped a kid from 4th grade to 8th grade because he'd been held back so many times he was 14 still in 4th grade. Not even because he was mentally handicapped, he just either never showed up or never did classwork.

What Simpsons character can nu-males relate to?

you if you were a simpsons character

Homer

I had to repeat the 10th grade cause my black english teacher failed me for being white.
No joke. She found excuses to fail white kids.

You mean when you where his age?

Reminder that its YOU who is out of touch. Not new Simpsons.

Urjus smart

He wasn't motivated to learn in a classroom setting, a lot of eps show he was industrious and creative at the very least.

>mfw the local fox affiliate only shows newer shitty Simpsons

If you have FXX they show Simpsons most nights, but Mondays tend to have older episodes.

remember when the episodes didn't abruptly wrap up the story-lines out of thin air?

beta/loser nu bart

sounds like common core truly at work. cant wait for trump to end this shit.

raindrops keep falling on my head

UNA

we all know who the best character is.

Sam? Or is it Larry?

>mouse hole
>saloon doors
Did Moe's have an off-screen renovation or something?

Yeah, it was all that Flaming Moe money

not since No Child Left Behind

season 1 and part of season 2 are fundamentally different from the rest
>Smithers was black
>The house had an extra room that was never used again
>moes tavern was very different

I can't remember the others

I think the rumpus room still exists, it's just not used in the show for some reason

I did because I never showed up for school/summer school. Ended up dropping out and getting my GED at 15.

This is literally why I was allowed to graduate high school.

What exactly is the common core and no child left behind?

If schools don't meet arbitrary milestones of student achievement they lose federal funding.

What a backwards system

No Child Left Behind introduced mandatory standardized testing, which incentivized schools to pass students who would otherwise fail in order to retain/get more funding.

Common Core is a set of standards for education, which isn't necessarily a bad idea but it was executed incredibly poorly, resulting in stuff like pic related.

Thanks anons

That's just a really shit test. I get the idea, chunking numbers to get 10+3 which is mentally easier than 8+5.

We have had standardized tests and curriculum standards for years in Canada and 3 of our provinces are GOAT in test scores internationally. What makes the US so bad? Shit implementation or shit teachers?

because we have niggers and faggots. i don't mean black or gay people. i mean niggers and faggots.

both

That makes mathematical sense the question is just phrased very awkwardly.

The fuck is this retarded test?

>an already dated episode
Sums it up.

That's a good example of the plan backfiring. He lost 4 levels of education.

So why doesn't it just ask the kid to add the two numbers (and get 13)? wut

Back to relatable scenes.
>Marge fell out with Homer for dancing with a stripper at a stag party
What did she think was going to happen? The real crime here was the cunt taking the picture

this

moe is routinely the best

because they're trying to teach short cuts, without actually teaching the concepts themselves. the problem is some shortcuts don't always work, and that's why math at it's core teaches the proofs and logic to show why a particular method works.

>chunking numbers to get 10+3 which is mentally easier than 8+5.
Do people not do this?

It was probably meant to be more raunchy than just dancing so that the plot makes any sense

You would be surprised at how simple something can be will be missed by others.

Lisa of course.

They only need to show numbers of how many students are graduating. They don't need to teach you stuff. This is why the world is getting stupider more and more.

>14 still in 4th grade
fucking bullshit, there is no way they would keep an adolescent boy in a classroom full of 8 year olds

I saw this episode last night on Channel 4 (UK). What the fuck is this shit? Every single character is given a forced stance on something because it's a 'topic' at the time. Marge has never expressed anything on breast feeding to my knowledge. We know Maggie used a bottle. It just seemed weird to drop it in.

Funny how Bart was originally the main character and everybody else was sides, then they made Homer the main character for LE WHACKY HIJINKS. They then made Marge a fucking idiot. They made Lisa obnoxious. They made Bart... I don't know, really.

BART STINKS
YEAH YEAH

Isn't there a floor plan layout from the creators showing what rooms actually exist? It's not surprising. American Dad did the same shit. The kitchen had a bathroom that suddenly got moved upstairs. The only way it can be explained is they did a massive jump cut from the kitchen to the upstairs bathroom.

i always related to milhouse more

that scene about the hipster kid saying he doesn't watch tv anymore but just videos on his ipad stood out. resonated what alot of the idiots here say and think

Marge has always been obnoxious. Remember when she cost homer a million dollars because of pure autism while on the witness stand?

Wait, what the fuck am I looking at? 8+5 is 13, not 10. You can't just "make 10" by ignoring the 3 that's part of the 5, that's not, what?
WHAT? Why?

It's why the bumped him to 8th grade.

how are you doing now?

it would make more sense in one of those questions phrased 'Tom has 8 apples and Pajeet has 5 apples, how can you have 10 apples?'

On another note, why did Marge never get a real job? I mean she even puts Maggie into daycare regularly.

I would have failed this because of the way it's worded.

Yeah that makes sense as a question.
Because Homer makes six grand a year.

Because she is a housewife

There was a girl at a school one who was still in fifth grade even though she should be in nine by age.

Clearly had some sort of issue that needed more help but the parents were in denial and the school refused to do what was right.

this would piss most wives or gfs off

>They made Bart... I don't know, really.
An illiterate idiot. I'm not even kidding, there's an episode where Lisa teaches him to read.

Not related to the Simpsons, but since I'm guessing you're a britfag, am I the only one that finds that Premier Inn ad with the women going out a bit odd?

>Because Homer makes six grand a year.
he'd get more on benefits

>Bart gets upset that he might need to repeat the 4th grade
>Spends the next +25 seasons still in 4th grade

hmmm

We have entered an endless recursion of time.

>wife lets you go to a stag party
>get upset because you involved yourself
I hate women

Society has really gone down the shitter in the last 25 years. At least people still had miniscule amount of decency back then.

No they didn't. People have always been the same, you were just too young to notice.

>be ten again
>get sucked into yellow universe
>go to school
>bart in the same class as you are
>hang out after school
>have dinner with the simpsons
>get beat up by nelson
>have crush on same girl as bart
>it becomes a hole episode
>theres a moral in the end
>mfw it will never happen

my mother is also a teacher and said that repeating kids more than once in primary school is virtually unheard of and the rare case there is a kid 2-3 years older in the class it's some ESL kid who came to the country late and got enrolled in a lower grade to help their language skills.

and when they do repeat it's mainly kindergarten, because what the fuck do you actually learn in primary school other than social skills and rudimentary maths and grammar.

>>wife lets you
never fall in to that trap user

What would the lesson be?

>hole episode
You could both repeat 4th grade together

Obviously he means the episode turns into a parody of the movie Holes.

you'll have to watch the episode

That was pretty much me DESU

I think it stopped just as I was starting secondary primary school, my older brothers and sister had kids in their class that were held back from previous years, but we were still threatened with being held back if we didnt behave or do well.

to get the million dollars she would have had to commit a federal crime which puts her at risk of imprisonment and separation from her family
she knows her family would go to pieces without her
you are autism

the simpsons was made at a time it was somewhat possible to survive on a single paycheck, although the writers do acknowledge they live far too comfortably and have too big a house for the salary homer would make

as if it matters in new simpsons though. homer is barely ever in the power plant any more

$18,109.5/yr

>just commit perjury, you'll get a million dollars!!

how far we have sunk

Remember when Lisa was the voice of reason?

nah fuck that marge is the craziest character.

Keeping Milhouse's teeth. Trying to get Bart to take a potato to show and tell. Not to mention her gambling problems.

she was always ignorant

She could of plead the 5th or taken advantage of spousal privilege which prevents a husband or wife being to called to the stand by the other side.

Also Mr Burns is an evil human being who was trying to avoid taking any responsibility for running over bart including the bare minimum of paying his medical bills.

Like when she caused her farther multiple heart attack by refuses to accept $12 million dollars because it came from a bad person.

>implying any sane person wouldn't perjure themselves for a million dollars if it involved practically zero risk of getting caught

>lets you
They can't really say "no, you can't go", because that would make them a controlling bitch. It's entirely okay to nag in retrospect, though.