So they made everything up as they went along?

so they made everything up as they went along?

And even so it is still leagues better than 90% of the garbage shows people watch nowadays.

Yes. Make sure you tell people this before they watch it.

>When Sawyer calls Sayeed a terrorist

they never once offer an explanation for the polar bear, do they?

No, they were so butthurt everyone called the purgatory angle that they changed it. Compromising the show to tell the audience they're wrong. HACKS.

this again

the new man in charge

I don't even know how people actually manage to watch it all, I dropped it somewhere in S3 and from what I've heard it even gets much more retarded with time travels and shit

Magic island

Secret Friend Heaven was the shit cherry on top of the shit icing lathered onto the shit cake that was Lost from season 4 onward. Seasons 1-3 you only encountered shit kernels every so often, but after
>WE HAVE TO GO BACK
it was all shit. How anyone can defend this show in retrospect is astounding. Yeah, we were all caught up in the fervor when it was fresh, but let's not pretend this was anything but the lowest form of common denominator, saccharine, seat-of-the-pants dogshit faux mystery that it was.

The Dharma initiative did experiments on polar bears. It's explained in the epilogue.

Nice meaningless buzzwords

That explains nothing.

Why where they choosing to do experiments on polar bears user?

>implying there's ever been any show that didn't

even if you somehow magically knew how many seasons you'd get you are still hampered by real world restrictions like actors leaving or the producers getting autistic about budget

This
Not completely though. The decision to make Jacks death the final scene was decided late season one I believe.

Because they have good memory. Didn't you see the epilogue. Pierre Chang explains why they chose polar bears.

Watching this for the first time, currently on S2

loving it right now

HENRY GALE IS LITERALLY GOD! KATE IS THE LEADER OF THE OTHERS

yeah it's a pretty bullshit explanation and it's not even part of the show, come on. Why polar bears?

Even better when you find out he's actually a torturing piece of shit muslim.

Well polar bears weren't the only animals they had on the island. They experimented on other shit like Dharma Shark.

it's still fucking retarded.
Don't get me wrong, i loved watching the show back then. But i have to be honest, the writers were making shit up as they went along without any consideration for making sense, eventually, or ever. If only they went full surrealism, i would forgive them, like "the show wasn't supposed to make sense" but they kept teasing us with closure

They used them to push the wheel, which is how there were bear skeletons in the fucking desert.

Pay attention user.

I can't think of a single question that didn't get answered in either the series of the new man in charge. You might not be happy with the answers, but we still go them. When it comes to the actual ending, people normally turn retarded to it.

It's retarded in real life but you are retarded for asking why they experimented on polar bears when the show tells you why they did.

It might not make any sense but it does disclose why they did it.

The DHARMA initiative might have stupid reasons for experimenting on electromagnetism on polar bears but they do explain why.

Most things are answered, the answers might be stupid ones but they are answered.

>most things are answered
am i being baited

Not him but give me something and I'll answer it. Everything is explained.

Like previous guy, post something that didn't get answered

keep in mind i watched years ago so excuse me if some are actually obvious and explained...

>why statue with no thumb?
>why sayid was a zombie demon (?) for a while on last season?
>what was up with walt?
>what was the whole deal with the alternate life where they never crashed or something?
>why did the island move with a wheel? and why would they use polar bears for it?
>who are dharma and what were they after?
>why did the black smoke kill eko?
>what does it mean when someone that wasn't on the plane got to the island? like desmond, faraday and the rest?

I swear these fucking plebs. The time travel season exists solely for explaining everything scientific on the island by showing people actually doing it, the final season explains everything about the MiB/Jacob by showing it literally happening (I don't care if you think its dumb they set up rules and followed them) and everything the others were doing is literally explained to your face by Whitmore/Linus/Richard

So you just barely watched the show.

> ywn experience Lost memes ever again

i don't see any answers there bro.
I watched years ago and desu none of it made any sense. When you were supposed to understand what the others were about on season 2, another door opens instead with a bigger mistery.
Nothing is ever explained, i promise you.

YOUR FACE WHEN BEN SURVIVES AND CARES FOR THE ISLAND NOW

>why statue with no thumb?
The island attracts crashed vessels and is full of magic, so survivors (the others) built a temple to their elder god using old magic. This is also why theres a wheel and temple
>why sayid was a zombie demon (?) for a while on last season?
MiB can corrupt people with evil in their souls and make them go insane, Sayid was super evil due to being a torturer so he went extra insane
>what was up with walt?
He's a powerful psychic, which in the show is a thing (Miles, Rose)
>what was the whole deal with the alternate life where they never crashed or something?
That was the afterlife where they all got what they needed to experience closure and meet up with the people who affected them most in their lives
>why did the island move with a wheel? and why would they use polar bears for it?
Elder god magic, the wheel moves the island. Don't ask why. Polar bears were probably just sent in as guinea pigs once they were done being experimented on
>who are dharma and what were they after?
They were an Army faction set up to study the elder god magic that eventually mutinied and stayed on the island, and then they all got killed by the Others
>why did the black smoke kill eko?
Because he wants to stop Jacob from naming a successor by corrupting them and then killing them Satan style
>what does it mean when someone that wasn't on the plane got to the island? like desmond, faraday and the rest?
That they were either chosen by Jacob or unlucky

one of the many people that ended up on the island were egyptians. they built a statue of one of their gods.

one of the qualities of the island was that there was a pool there that could heal people, even from being dead. The downside was that the person would not be the same as before. Both Ben and Sayid were healed this way.

Walt had special abilities before the Island. He was led there because Jacob was looking for a suitable person to take over his role as caretaker of the Island.

It was a place they created to meet each other so they could move on together. Because the time spent on the island was the most important part of their lives.

The wheels was a design of the Man in Black to exploit the energy (the light) of the island. It moved because MIBs biggest wish was to move away from the island.

They believed polar bears were most suited for work with electromagnetism.

DHARMA is just another group that were led to the island. Like pre-romans. egyptians. pirates. slave ships. the others. the losties. they are after understanding the energy of the island.

because the black smoke is a protection system of the island. it perceived eko as a threat.

that Jacob considered them candidates to take over his role as caretaker.

okay i guess the show gave explanations, but they're fucking retarded and they all involve "jacob, MIB and magic" bullshit that was made up in the last season.

It's literally the "a wizard did it" simpsons meme. Except it's "elder gods" and "electromagnetism".
IT-MAKES-NO-SENSE

This guy here>one of the qualities of the island was that there was a pool there that could heal people, even from being dead. The downside was that the person would not be the same as before. Both Ben and Sayid were healed this way.
This is totally a thing that I forgot about but what about Claire and Roseau's team? They were corrupted by MiB so Sayid could be different than Ben

>The wheels was a design of the Man in Black to exploit the energy (the light) of the island. It moved because MIBs biggest wish was to move away from the island.
Completely forgot about that

>because the black smoke is a protection system of the island. it perceived eko as a threat.
Black Smoke is MiB though

>Made up in the last season
Try Season 3 buckaroo. You didn't even try to pay attention

While that is true, and I don't think lost needs to be defended. You have to take into account the things that went wrong during production as well.

The guy that played Mr. Eko was originally planned to become the Man in Black, but the actor felt that was racist and quit the show.

Then there was the writer's strike the did serious damed to the production of the show.

The Black Smoke is the other half of the caretaker role.

Mother, the woman that killed Claudia, and raised Jacob and his brother, was most likely both caretaker and "black smoke" at the same time. (How else could she burn and kill the entire village of the tribe that MIB went to live with, and bury the well with the wheel in it).

When MIB killed mother, the island had neither caretaker or guard system, Mother thought the task was best split or something.

This is why people speculate that Jack is the new "black smoke" at the end of the show, because of the similarities to when MIB died.

>7 years later and I'm still hearing good lore theories
Truly my favorite show of all time

i didn't know that about eko. What could've been..

oh come on jacob was just a name they dropped to hint at something bigger when something unexplainable happened until last season where we see this blonde dude doing shit

Jacob was revealed to be the leader of the Others in S3E17 "Catch 22" and Locke and Ben go to meet him in S3E20 "The Man Behind the Curtain".

You just dumb nigga

But 90% of everything is shit. So you've set a bar so low you couldn't trip over it.

For what purpose.

Read the thread nerd

More like 7 years later people are still struggling to tie together headcanon that validates the amount of time they spent watching it.

Thread has nothing about why polar bears to push wheel or what polar bears pushing wheel accomplished.

>I got scammed? More like I watched the GREATEST TV SERIES EVER, CLOSURE IS FOR FAGGOTS, HOW CAN I, A GENIUS, GET SCAMMED?
Every time

Maybe it’s the fact that I really wanted the timeline where the plane never crashed to be real, but how come Desmond can “travel” between both the afterlife and the “real” life?

In the finale he tells Jack he’s been to a different life, where the plane never crashed, that maybe he can find a way to take him there.

I mean, was Desmond so powerful that he could even go to the afterlife??

>I don't understand what was going on
>I'm a friggin genius
>therefore this is the best television show ever

almost every time

this guy runs at you and licks your gfs legs

what do you do?

He literally died for a little bit when he got zapped in the machine. So 50% powerful / 50% he just died and saw the afterlife

its really time to just accept everything mysterious that happened did so because lindelof is all about intrigue with no resolution.

good point.

I really wanted those flash-sideways to be real : (

why would jack be the new MiB? His death had no similarities to MiB.

That and you see him afterwards in the afterlife.

You see Hurley and Ben there too and they're immortal now.

Jack died in the pit like MiB did.

Jack died from a gunshot wound, he was already dying when we decided to go into the heart.

I kinda like the idea, but I need more evidence.