I want the good old happy days of our countries to return once more

I want the good old happy days of our countries to return once more.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalpost.com/opinion/national-post-view-the-liberals-dont-own-our-history
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

when was that?

no really, i forgot

Before everyone went all paranoid with security and America and Canada started letting in hordes of dangerous foreigners?

when you golfed in the middle of the road?

That's a camera user.

>and America and Canada started letting in hordes of dangerous foreigners
>post a pic displaying only foreigners
>no one single real person from these lands

wtf are you on about my dude

Butthurt indians.

Bring back Pre-Colombia desu.

>That cuckstamp
even in Canada's """"good old days"""" they don't have their own identity

Pre bronze age shithuts.

Actually, back then they did have their own identity, as an outpost of the British Empire in North America. It's only with them discarding the old flag that they began their slide into basing who they are on not being the US.

Daily reminder the aforementioned leaf is an autistic cunt that got bullied by niggers when he was younger and now has thousands of images saved in his hardrive to spam all day because he's the king of beta males.

We did, we were british.

>bullied by niggers
What you are talking about? There is like 1.something % niggers in Canada.

I know that exact sentiment friend, and I sympathize.

More or less. Anglo-Canadians went through a huge shift in identity during the 50s and 60s from associating with the British Empire/Commonwealth to being sort of only "Canadian" in terms of identity. This happened against a backdrop of the decline of the British Empire (and decolonization in general) as a superpower and the rise of a US-led NATO in important to Canada. There are two really fascinating books about it; one is called "The Other Quiet Revolution" and the other is called "Canada and the End of Empire"

It really is too bad that this isn't better known. I blame Liberal governments for acting as if they're the sole arbitrators of Canada's history and our national myth. Listening to them speak you would almost think that Canada in 1910 was the same as Canada in 1960 or 1990.

nationalpost.com/opinion/national-post-view-the-liberals-dont-own-our-history

Doesn't really sound like an identity if you're just gonna be an extension of an empire.

As opposed to what, the identity formed from a temper tantrum?

The relationship between the UK and the Dominions was generally one of cooperation and mutual benefit.

Exactly

Our newfound plus France's identity gave the world republicanism. The system of government that we use is duplicated worldwide.

Canada's irrelevance gave them a continued search for identity even now, so much so that Mr. Current Year is importing Pajeet and Zheng to create a new one.

>Our newfound plus France's identity gave the world republicanism.

Moreso France. The US revolution wasn't nearly as radical and there were already republics in Europe like Venice and Switzerland.

KEK
>Being cannon fodder alongside niggers and Gorkhas for their fucking empire while they strip you of your natural resources

I'm sure that there's some benefit there.At least the Gorkhas are recognized for being some of the most elite troops in the world. Canada just has nice people and maple syrup

>cannon fodder

Meme, Brits died at a greater rate in every war we participated in.

>their fucking empire

Our empire

>strip you of your natural resources

It was traded, and Britain invested heavily into Canada

>moreso France

We still gave the world the world a bicameral system that it uses, a democratic one that doesn't have the fucking House of Lords who have peerage for life.

Take your shitposting elsewhere

>bicameral system

The US senate until the early 1900s had practically the exact same philosophy as the House of Lords. It was supposed to be the more mature and sensible house made up of aristocrats.

>Britain invested heavily into Canada
They invested heavily into India and called it the jewel of the Empire. One of their national poets was even knighted. Canada never got that level of relevance kek

>Our empire
What did he mean by this

The people in Canada were british, are british, it was our empire.

That's because India had the greatest supply of soldiers, labour, and natural resources. India was vital to the British Empire and its independence was what caused it to go into terminal decline

>What did he mean by this

That the Dominions were seen as extensions of Great Britain rather than only as colonies? The relationship between Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. and the UK was cooperative, it wasn't a matter of the UK simply telling us what to do.

Do you people actually believe this Our Empire bullshit

There was a Queen and an overseas Parliament. There was still a margin of control that was still lorded over, no matter what your delusions of muh frontier freedom tell you. Keep telling yourself that your country ruled a third of the world lmao

Saying Canada wasn't british is like saying Hawaii isn't american.

it was never happy, canada was always on the brink of some huge crisis until we flooded our cunt is foreigners and destroyed our culture to distract ourselves from our issues

there was only a very short period of time that real anglos ever presented a majority in Canada

t. has no idea how the dominions worked

The Dominions had control over their internal affairs. On paper Britain controlled our foreign affairs until the 1930s but in practice there was always cooperation between London and Ottawa.

anything is better than the present here really

Weren't you on track to become the next Canada before everything went to shit?

i hate that meme, it's not true, we were the oil-rich gulf states equivalent of the 1910's, and that's it.
at least we built a couple of nice looking building while we were kinda rich.

I somehow don't think these idealized propaganda portrayals of countries were ever all that real.

Oh sweet Jesus I'm dying.

I'm a different angry leaf.

I've never seen a Jamaican

Come here then. It's not as cheap but I still think we have that old Anglo culture.

>was cooperative, it wasn't a matter of the UK simply telling us what to do.
Come on lad, it's not that straightforward.

This too desu.

no

canada is diverse
and it is beautiful

Dream on whiteboi. Canada is under new administration now.

me too ;_;