Looking for movies with "hippie"/bohemian type protagonist engaged in some sort of mystery or adventure

looking for movies with "hippie"/bohemian type protagonist engaged in some sort of mystery or adventure

thinking like Inherent Vice or The Big Lebowski

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4rEFlucmMMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Altman's Long Goodbye

Easy Rider

Cutter's Way

The Long Goodbye

imdb.com/title/tt0078446

>The Long Goodbye

What a satisfying ending.

>Yeah, I even lost my cat

>"hippie"/bohemian type protagonist

Where?

youtu.be/4rEFlucmMMo

haha not exactly what I had in mind

First post best post, a little darker but Killing of a Chinese Bookie may qualify. Boozy neo-noir.

Strozsek

after all these years its a real place wtf

wait what? he was like a private investigator or something with no real defining trait

how dare you

That movie was so fucking depressing. I don't know if I can watch it again.

That dancing chicken

He was a little aloof and boozy if I remember correctly. Also the mystery involved is very similar to Inherent Vice.

Poor bastard.

The Long Goodbye is one of favs, but isn't Marlowe deliberately portrayed as a non-hippie/bohemian?? Wears a suit, drives a Studebaker, whistles and sings old timey songs & movie references. He's an anachronism among the hipsters.

Fritz the Cat

I haven't seen Vanishing Point but I think that kinda fits the bill?

>Vanishing Point
He's pretty straight really, uptight, square

What?

Serpico

Ace Ventura

Underrated suggestion.

What?

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

Oh yeah

Antz

What movie or movies are those images from?

Fear & Loathing qualifies I guess

indeed. Marlowe is in no way a hippie/bohemian type. great flick, though. wonder why it's not on Netflix, nor any other Altman film not called 3 Women.

I hate you, and your mother

Withnail and I - two alcoholic theatre types have an adventure
La vie bohemia (?) - a group of alcoholic artist types lounge about having an adventure
Orphee - beatniks this time who travel to the afterlife

our idiot brother has that kind of protagonist but not adventure or action at all

If... with young Malcolm MacDowel
Ghost World, maybe?
Dead Poets Society? A buncha wannabe bohos.
Cheech and Chong I guess

Thanks

I've seen Withnail. It was years ago and I was drunk, but I remember enjoying it very much.

This is very dark and nihilistic. Not a feel good movie. But the main character in a societal drop-out.

fucking love this film. absolute masterpiece

>Cutter's Way
This is one of the best re-discovered American movies of the last couple years. It's crazy a great film like this can just fall through the cracks for decades because it lacked a good dvd release.

ye