holy fuck this is MLS tier of naming retardedness

>ELITE League

For me, it's Milton Keynes Lightning

better or worse?

Only if you promise to watch the Canadian Premier League

What league is better:
British or French?

Why are there so many Scottish teams?

Just don’t see the point having a team in Perth when there are no doubt enough financial constraints on the league as it is.

Fire Adam Keefe already.

Who /panthers/ here?

*chucks a teddy on the ice*

me la'

For me, my preference, it has to be, in my opinion, the Belfast Giants.

Hockey sucks

We are not that bad

who the fuck is setting up all these cookie cutter tinpot leagues jesus christ

For me? It's Buffalo Wild Wings

For me, it's Sydney Ice Dogs.

For me, it's Fishtown Pinguins

>Elite

>Storm
>Blaze
These singular sports team names are so shitty and have been popping up since the 90's. Why do they keep doing this?

I'm still confused as to what's royal about Utah.

They sound like fucking LFL teams

For me, it's the clan.

Keeping the rinks cool in Australia must cost more than an entire squad's salary over there

it's a yank sport so they had to get into a yank mindsetc

The logo's look straight out of a create a franchise mode

way better logos

For me, it's the clear Calgary flames impersonator

Sydney Ice Dogs are dope

Why are some in English and some in German?

And lol Red Bull jewed its way onto another team crest

It seems like most of the teams using English mascot names are in the American occupied zone, all the teams in the British area are using German spellings.

i have no choice

>North Stars
>in the southern hemisphere

Why?

This exists for real?
I'll watch it if i get some time!

Krefeld zijn de betere pinguine

>grizzlys wolfsburg

wtf?

kek

>2012+6
>supporting anything but the Sup Forumshl

ISHYGDDT

>2 penguins
>2 tigers
>Wolfsburg aren't the wolves, but the grizzlies
>A fucking red bull team
>Not that bad

Mon the Flyers

The southern hemisphere has a north too.

When I was a kid I won four tickets to a London Knights game,was pretty cool. They are dead now so go Flames

>7/12 names stolen from NHL

I go to watch the Cardiff Devils occasionally, it is honestly pretty weird, there are mostly Americans and Canadians in the actual crowd, and the entire team is Canadian/Yank.

Giants seasoner here. Yes we can only attract and afford like 2 lines worth of players, but you guys haven't seen an IPL soccer match. Luxury by comparison. Put it this way I got an extra role in a football film set in the 40s and nothing was done to make stadium look old. It wasn't needed.

You weren't kidding

cardiffdevils.com/team/players/

I'm angry that this exists

>cardiffdevils.com/team/players/

Where are they getting all those Canadians from? I've never even met one.

I dont associate England with Hockey

Also, isnt European Hockey like softer than NHL?

Not the German league

The EIHL is a straight up goon league. Other countries like Sweden and Finland take it more seriously and play like if they are training for the Olympics and world cup etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=7BkX7JT1wlc

>No team in London

What did they mean by this

>Sheffield Steelers
give me the pill on them

>The Steelers were named in honour of Sheffield's industrial past, much like the American football team of the same name based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and the sharing of nicknames are merely a coincidence.
>merely a coincidence
>((()))

>merely a coincidence.
hmmm

There aren't any decent ice rinks in London, they all bleed money and closed down. Now you only see pop up outdoor rinks for the Christmas season. There's been plans to have a KHL team in London based in the Wembley Arena but meh

tbf sheffield was the original steel city

Any ukfags learning hockey as an adult? Hi 5 to you if you are. Respect. Takes balls as all the poolanders and Latvians will look at you like a retard child as you fall down whilst trying to do a slapshot, but don't give ulp!! Takes serious gahonez

Braehead Clan is my local team

not that i'd ever go watch

They even had a team in the greatest hockey event of the year: the CHL

i went to a nottingham panthers game and it was absolutely full of ugly fat cunts and goths

sport for social rejects that don't like football over here i reckon

I remember watching the Swindon Wildcats when I was younger. They played in our towns shitty ice rink and had a crowd capacity of about 50 people. I have no idea where they fit into the hockey league system though.

>Fife Flyers
>Confirmed for faggot

They literally could, and should, have named it the South Stars. Or after the Southern Cross

That sounds fucking awful. That means that a team in London would have to travel all the way to Vladivostok and vice versa. You can see a notable change in play when NHL playoff teams travel cross country, I can't imagine how awful that would be.

Why is there no Yorkshire team?

"We have to emulate the NHL, let's use their team names and hope it works out"

To be fair our soccer teams have retarded names like 'Real Salt Lake', 'DC United' and 'Sporting Kansas City'.

>our

Would you prefer if they were called Chazwazzas?

Canada has 3 teams in mls

is there a word for parity in your language?

>fischtown
>not fish
>wolfsburg
>not wolves

Some MLS teams have very American team names
>Colorado Rapids
>Houston Dynamo
>Seattle Sounders
>Montreal Impact
>etc.
But yeah, it feels like MLS is trying it;s hardest to emulate euro teams these days.

I know, some names like Colorado Rapids FC or Vancouver Whitecaps FC or Portland Timbes FC, etc, are great names.

In the early days of the MLS though and to some degree now teams would just blatantly rip off european teams to make it sound authentic

>DC United
>Atlanta United
>Minnesota United
Which clubs were united to form these teams?

>Real Salt Lake
Why is this a 'royal' club and more specifically why is it spanish?

>Sporting Kansas City
>this doesn't sound like a blatant, cringy ripoff at all.

They're best using the typical NA naming structure of having the location with a regional nickname, and maybe 'FC' or 'SC' if they want.

>Guildford flames logo is a shameless copy of the Calgary flames
If you're gonna pick a team to steal from, why the Flames?

Not gonna lie, the Perth Thunder logo is kind of cool.

Not gonna lie, i fucked your dad lol

For me, it is CBR Brave

Looks kind of like the British fascism party logo.

>tfw your local Elite League team went bust
>then the second-tier league the new team was in collapsed last year

Piiiiirates!

If the EL is bad, this is woeful.

>oi mate, we need a fookin team logo for our ice hockey team
>no problem mate, we'll just take an NFL team's logo and make it hold a stick

It's pretty comfy though, reminds me of going to an old bowling alley. As mentioned, some of the fans are a bit odd, but then again I've seen plenty of mentalists at football matches.

Sheffield United Vs Sheffield Wednesday has been the Steel city derby for a century

I really like the American style MLS names desu.

Damn, my minor team played in a bigger rink.

How good do you have to be to play in the bong league?

Nottingham Panthers fan here.

Admittedly the names are pretty bad and the logos are worse (ours and Milton Keynes are probably the least shit), but it's a decent enough league and relatively well supported. It gets literally zero press though. In fact you have to go through about 4 menus on the BBC Website to get to the Hockey section.

The weird thing is, it's the only professional team-based sport in NA I know of that doesn't adhere to the standard NA name scheme of PLACE NICKNAME. It really is just people trying to emulate Europe because it's soccer.

Sounds like any sport that's not hockey, baseball, football, or basketball here. I enjoy box lacrosse and there's nothing out there for it here except one section on a local sports news website.

In the Elite League, most of the Canadians are AHL/ECHL rejects, or nearing retirement. Quite a few Europeans from second-tier nations, so no Swedes or Russians but Czechs, Baltics, lower division Finns.

Nottingham Panthers did alright in Europe recently, won the Europa League equivalent last season and got to the knockouts of the Champions League this year, out of a tough group.

In our league, it's basically all British players, mostly younger ones not picked up by Elite teams or sometimes older local players. There's some real shit teams with the realignment though, Hull Pirates beat Deeside Dragons 20-3 last week.

here's ours I guess

how the fuck do you get 20 points in a hockey game

Outdated though, Mulhouse have been replaced by Dijon.

Damn, I was half hoping I could be a meme benchwarmer or something.

When I get free tickets but it's just too American for me, that being said apart from A block forest is a library.

That looks weird

Who /NipponPaperCranes/ here?

For me, its the Daemyung Killer Whales