Why is this never talked about on here? Honestly one of the best films from last year...

Why is this never talked about on here? Honestly one of the best films from last year. Is it just too Sup Forums for you guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/03-1/in-this-corner-of-the-world-chosen-as-best-animation-film-at-40th-japan-academy-prize-awards
youtube.com/watch?v=tHU56GWuNWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>it's yet another Makoto Shinkai flick
But I'm sure this one is super touching or whatever

I'm not a fan of the whole freaky friday body swap thing personally

Have you seen the film? IMO it's a lot more than just a freaky friday type thing, the story actually goes a lot deeper than what is shown in the trailer. But yeah I definitely can understand that being off-putting.

>Is it just too Sup Forums for you guys?
I imagine, yes.

its just pandering
how come that despite animation enabling people to create anything, japanese animation always does the same thing? only thing this does differently is it hires 2 sweatshops instead of just the regular one.

Even weebs consider it trash
Literally only low IQ Sup Forumsedditors are praising this flick

Kill your self

Was this Sup Forums's version of Moonlight beating La La Land?
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/03-1/in-this-corner-of-the-world-chosen-as-best-animation-film-at-40th-japan-academy-prize-awards

I went to watch the movie with my father because you guys hyped it so much, I wanted to make him participate in my hobby for once.

5 minutes into the movie and the boy waking up as a girl fondled his breasts. I turned my face to the right to watch my father's reaction. He had this really sad and disappointed look on his face and asked me: "Why did you take me to watch one of those hentais of yours?".

He then proceeded to stand up and left the theatre. I couldn't even concentrate for the rest of the movie, shaken as I was by the feelings of shame.

So, thank you very much guys for making my relationship with my father ever worse than it already was.

Are subs out already?

hahahhhahaha what a fucking miserable fucked up being you are
kys
your life is shit

>never talked about on here?

There's a thread like every week

subs are, but the blu ray doesn't come out until october 30 so there's only a shitty rip from a japanese network in 720p.

Fake but worth saving.
>trips

>tfw i sucked my dad off during this movie

that guy is hung like a horse

yeah It's great
It's really just the premise it's not really a typical body swap movie
not really but I expect it to win best animation next year

no bluray rip

if shit taste weaboos like low quality rips, they can fuck off to their board

>not seeing it in a theatre
saw it in IMAX last week, It's completely worth it.

no theater in my country runs animes

Probably because no one has really seen it. It opens in NA next month I think I'll probably see it then.

plenty of people have seen it m8 it had a pretty big opening for an anime film in the UK, AUS back in november the US is just the last to get it and it will be the same for in this corner of the world.

While we're at it, Wolf Children was shit as well.

>generic romcom with plot device
>but is japanese therefore "kino!!!"

even La La Land was better

>low budget indie anime film wins best animated film over the biggest Japanese blockbuster since Spirited Away
God bless

your name is actually pretty low budget even by toho standards
in this corner of the world is still much less and crowdfunded to boot

Your Name had a bunch of high-profile animators and lots of marketing. Plus I doubt Shinkai had to starve like Katabuchi to get his film made.

Yes. Fuck that furry pedo trash. Also needlessly melodramatic. Hey bitch. Nobody cares you fucked a wolf. Shut the fuck up.

just the guy from ghibli and promotion didn't go into overdrive until it spread through word of mouth

>My boyfriend is actually a wolf? Oh well, I'll fuck him anyway
>Oh I'm pregnant by my wolf boyfriend? Better have the baby anyway
>The baby is a wolf? Better have another one
>Omg, I just realised after 4 years I have no idea how to raise a half human half wolf hybrid child, what am I gonna do?

I guess you could say it found a way.

deus ex machina is shitty writing, and i didnt understand the parallel world thing

>why is anime not talked on Sup Forums

Gee, I fucking wonder.

>finds a way

>expect a cute rom-com
>last 40 minutes suddenly become Interstellar
I have to say that shit caught me off guard.

It was talked about a lot even though its animatrash, not even good anime.

what do you qualify as good anime then?

The cover reminds me of 5 centimeters per second and FUCK that shit.

Was it the NTR that pissed you off? Because Your Name avoids that, it's actually a quite satisfying ending

I think this movie is overrated desu

Agreed. I enjoyed it immensely but I'm afraid the stupid hype people are making is going to result in a lot of disappointment that it isn't the second coming of Christ. It's on par with any tier-2 Ghibli film but it's not the greatest anime movie ever.

Now this is true underated romance kino

That is a boring piece of shit.

as the other guy said, hip and needlessly melodramatic

youtube.com/watch?v=tHU56GWuNWk

it's a 7/10 at best. Garden of words was pure shit tho

>in-this-corner-of-the-world
this seems good

I watched that after most other ghibli films and without reading anything about it. The cover with the flying cat on it really misleads what the film is about.
i still loved it, incredibly comfy and heartwarming

>Garden of words was pure shit
get out

motherfuking princess mononoke

The entire last 5 minutes gave me chills desu

my favourite ghibli movie desu

it also is my favorite and it wasnt even made by hackazaki
makes you ponder really

>tfw when you will never grow up in late 80s early 90s japan
>tfw when you will never have hope and optimism again like you did when you were a kid