Desperate to be taken serious as an actor

Gavin Ward
Gavin Ward

desperate to be taken serious as an actor
lost 54 pounds in 9 weeks
movie still bombs and critics call your perfomance shitty

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hIxDdmfmCJs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Den_of_Thieves_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=iD8Q0lvJZvI

Jacob Moore
Jacob Moore

50 Reddit

Aaron Richardson
Aaron Richardson

that's depressing. his movies are pretty kino too

Andrew Martinez
Andrew Martinez

That movie wasn't that bad.

Ryan Kelly
Ryan Kelly

Don't mind me just posting the literal spiritual sequel of Heat that nobody noticed.

Ayden Green
Ayden Green

youtu.be/hIxDdmfmCJs

Aaron Parker
Aaron Parker

Sounds familiar

Aaron Young
Aaron Young

I always liked fiddy. His music takes me back to the simpler times of the early to mid 00's.

Jordan Hughes
Jordan Hughes

after he lost all that weight, when he gained it all back he looks like shit now, like his face got wider or something, am i alone?

Samuel Lopez
Samuel Lopez

am i alone?
Yes and that is how you shall die.

Samuel Johnson
Samuel Johnson

nice memed friend

John Miller
John Miller

AYO FIDDY HIT THAT RAMP

Gabriel Cruz
Gabriel Cruz

Be the best thing on Twitter
Challenge Floyd Mayweather to read one page of Cat In the Hat and he'll donate a million dollars to charity if he does because he knows Floyd is illiterate

50 is still winning.

Jonathan Robinson
Jonathan Robinson

Only in America can a black guy whose half a face doesn't move become a "serious" actor.
And wash your mouth before you retort "duh Kitano".

Easton Stewart
Easton Stewart

based fiddy

Colton Reed
Colton Reed

take your soul sister #1 ass to sleep

I fucking love nigger bantz.

Easton Walker
Easton Walker

hahaha what a card

Joshua Rodriguez
Joshua Rodriguez

on thermal dynamics

Josiah Campbell
Josiah Campbell

is he ourguy

Ryder Martinez
Ryder Martinez

we wuz pharaohs and shit

Eli Murphy
Eli Murphy

become a lardass in a few months to play a role in a movie everyone hated since it was announced and nobody watched
get diagnosed with gout as a result of it

Luis Wood
Luis Wood

well duy wuz for like 100-200 years

but not in the moses era

Adrian Young
Adrian Young

based

Austin Williams
Austin Williams

Yeah it all sounds like it was made in 2003 for some reason.

Michael Gomez
Michael Gomez

kek really? poor guy

Oliver Cook
Oliver Cook

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Den_of_Thieves_(film)

Unfortunately, the release of this film has been delayed indefinitely due to scratches on the film making it unwatchable. Apparently these scratches were caused by cacti which were strategically placed by the Phone Losers of America.

Wtf?

Jayden Hall
Jayden Hall

Buy a water filter and get woke, kid. You're surrounded by space vampire pedophiles who love to destroy films using sentient cacti. Check Buzz Aldrin's twitter.

Brayden Edwards
Brayden Edwards

Could you pull up a video for me, user?

Carson Jackson
Carson Jackson

Phone Losers of America are some good folks

Alexander Thompson
Alexander Thompson

What these people don't realize is that the most important least talked about aspect of a film is the audiences preconceived ideas about the actors.

Barney from HIMYM does a lot of dodgy shit, and the audiences loves him for it. Some people claim that it's because NPH is a great actor, or talented guy, but it's mostly because of preconceived ideas. The audience knows that he's a child actor theater fag, and thus everything he does with women isn't taken seriously and is completely without malice or creepiness.

When Barney's explaining to Marshall how he'd handle Lily as his wife, the fantasy sequence has Lily leaping into Barney's arms and hardcore making out with him. The audience laughs, because the joke is that Barney's a sex-obsessed perv who wants to bang Lily. The only way this joke works is because we know NPH is super gay and associate him with Doogie and childhood innocence, so there's not any actual sexual energy, even though their tongues are mashing together and everything. A straight actor could never pull off the same jokes and be as lovable a cad. Barney can only be overtly sexual and rapey because we feel on a gut level that it's all playful and pretend.

Adrian Brody did a great job in Predator, and it worked intellectually but flopped on a gut level, because his image is that of a skinny dweeby actor playing the piano. He looked great when he ripped off his shirt to get brawling, but instead of going "oh yeah, it's on," the audience thinks, "man, when did AB get so buff" and the movie spell is broken. Arnold or Stallone could do that and no one would think twice, making it a badass moment that draws people in instead of having them pull back and think.

You lose your audience when you directly challenge their preconceived notions. You ignore what the audience already knows about the people they're seeing at your peril, and if you don't account for it and get it out of the way early, you're looking at a big ol' flop.

Xavier Scott
Xavier Scott

no actually there were some Nubian pharaohs.. Nubian's are not black people. They are a very distinct group from sub Saharan Africans.

Jaxson Perez
Jaxson Perez

Michael Bay does this really well, using audience preconceived notions as a shortcut on character development. In 13 Hours, John Krasinski got super buff, but he's never shown working out like the other guys, and attention is never forced on how sculpted and ripped he is. Instead, Bay gives just a brief sketch of the character, lets audience ideas fill in the rest, and avoids challenging those at all costs. As a result, jokes that couldn't and wouldn't exist with another actor are funny moments. When the Libyan guy comes back with his helmet, and John Krasinski watches him the tiniest hint of a smile, it registers as a joke, not because of what's actually happening, but because of what we expect from JK.

Charlie Sheen got Action Hero buff for Hot Shots, but it doesn't look real; it looks like a comedy. Ever ask yourself why? People can't separate the actor from the role. Directly challenge their notions at your peril. Best result is using them for your advantage.

Isaiah Bell
Isaiah Bell

Beautiful

Connor Campbell
Connor Campbell

only sub saharan africans are black

their skin is black so they are black people
don't understand why you're trying to move the goalposts on this one

or are somalis not black either

James Watson
James Watson

I guess that's the same reason people find it difficult to appreciate Jim Carrey or Owen Wilson in serious roles, even though they are really good in it

Caleb Scott
Caleb Scott

teach me user

Christian Edwards
Christian Edwards

tfw like 50 Cent again

Asher Campbell
Asher Campbell

Beautiful

Isaac Jones
Isaac Jones

Beautiful

Camden Cox
Camden Cox

Get Rich or Die Tryin' was absolute kino. Fuck the critics for slamming it, shit should have won an Oscar.

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

A good day for all.

Jayden Nguyen
Jayden Nguyen

Probably the most insightful thing posted on this board in weeks, if not months.

Mason Robinson
Mason Robinson

and for you

Noah Howard
Noah Howard

Not him but somalis have a very distinct non black look besides the actual color of their skin. They're similar in a way but not the same race at all.

Angel Diaz
Angel Diaz

Not bad, either

Oliver Allen
Oliver Allen

Indeed, not bad at all.

Hunter Gomez
Hunter Gomez

Just look at the Fellowship of the Ring. Early on in the movie, there's that ballet of a scene where Gandalf is in Bilbo's house, where they do all of their forced perspective tricks and movie magic. Sure, there's lots of exposition and stuff going on, but the real purpose was to give the audience a chance to marvel at and get used to the idea that Hobbits were small; people were big; actors are all the same. It's not just a random drawn out scene. If you expect an audience to accept what the movie requires them to accept, you need to give them a chance to do it early. That's why Peter Jackson had that drawn out showy scene right in the beginning. If you have to have people pull back and think about what you're doing, taking time to accept it, you need to get it out of the way before you want them to feel anything.

The Predator thing fucked up because it asked us to accept Adrian Brody as being a buff badass at the climax of the movie. Fellowship was smart enough to challenge the audience during exposition, when the audience is looking for something to distract them anyway.

Benjamin Lewis
Benjamin Lewis

somalis have a very distinct non black look
t. Minnesotan

Nathaniel Perry
Nathaniel Perry

A TRIPS LORD?

Isaiah Carter
Isaiah Carter

Each of those had me in tears.

Based Fiddy.

Julian Williams
Julian Williams

quality post user

Henry Collins
Henry Collins

Yep. For some reason, people think typecasting only applies in extreme cases. The same forces that make it impossible for actors to escape James Bond are always at work. It's not a rare anomaly that people bring associations into the movie theater; there are always audience expectations.

Benjamin Green
Benjamin Green

top kek

Cameron Diaz
Cameron Diaz

But they don't have fully black skin. They are not black and they don't consider themselves black.

William Walker
William Walker

It was Harry Potter first, then Cat In the Hat for $750k.

youtube.com/watch?v=iD8Q0lvJZvI

Chase Williams
Chase Williams

Is there any actor that bypasses these forces?

Levi Myers
Levi Myers

But they don't have fully black skin. They are not black and they don't consider themselves black.

Prove their non-blackness

Liam Reed
Liam Reed

very well made posts. You managed to explain perfectly that seemingly unfair complain a lot of people have regarding comedic actors in serious roles or tradicionally skinny people as buff dudes. I always thought it was stupid of me to think that sort of thing, because most of the times the actor is actually versatile, but like you said, you're pulled straight out of the film, and that's the worst thing a scene can do to the audience. Finally, your examples describing it done well by Bay and Peter Jackson prove that it's never the audience's fault for having a pre-determined expectation of what an actor does in a movie, you just have to give them a chance to warm up to this "anti-typecast", I guess. Best posts in weeks on Sup Forums, kudos!

Grayson Reed
Grayson Reed

come to Sup Forums
Somalians trying to pass as Arabs

/int/
/pol/

John Nguyen
John Nguyen

There's no such thing as black-kino.

Ethan Butler
Ethan Butler

Not him but I think this guy. John Goodman too

Daniel Mitchell
Daniel Mitchell

How do you lose 54 pounds in 9 weeks without dying?

Hudson Foster
Hudson Foster

look up 50's twitter
still shilling effen vodka

Wyatt Gray
Wyatt Gray

Does these people really look like any black people you know?

Cooper Adams
Cooper Adams

Pretty much, yeah.

Aiden Foster
Aiden Foster

They look like poo in loos

Nathaniel Jackson
Nathaniel Jackson

YES.

Jordan Clark
Jordan Clark

Fuck, how do I lose 54 pounds in 9 weeks?

Blake Wilson
Blake Wilson

Crack cocaine. You are gonna love it.

Ayden Bailey
Ayden Bailey

I am him, and honestly the only actor I can think of that might come close is Hugh Jackman. It seems like people will accept him as pretty much anything without any warning.

It's neither a good nor a bad thing to have audience expectations or associations for/with you. It's only natural that familiarity comes with expectations. If audiences showed up with a blank slate every time the lights went down, the movie industry would break.

Adrian Jackson
Adrian Jackson

Bill Nighy

Kevin Ramirez
Kevin Ramirez

This is wrong.
HIMYM is hugely popular in Germany and no one is offended by Barney, in fact he's the favorite of the cast I'd reckon.

No one in Germany knows who NPH is, especially not the normie-pleb audience of this TV show.

Your argument is weak.

Leo Nelson
Leo Nelson

Eyo, so you sayin'
*reloads AK-47*
we wuzn't African
*commits piracy*
we iz Caucasoid?
*moves to Minnesota*
Shieeet

William Green
William Green

You're Hugh Jackman? You were great in the Clawman series and that movie about stealing bread and dead hookers.

David Rivera
David Rivera

this shit makes me laugh every time, I have a really hard time deciding if black people are a menace or they are a national treasure

Charles Diaz
Charles Diaz

Hey.

Look at me.

Hey.

Look at me.

We're the sheiks now.

Owen Sanders
Owen Sanders

I think Russel Crowe comes close too, and I want him and Jackman to star in more movies together

Ryan Miller
Ryan Miller

No one in Germany knows who NPH is
Doogie Howser ran here for several years, too. NPH is not a household name, but he's a familiar face to avid TV watchers.

Jaxson Davis
Jaxson Davis

lad no. i was talking with friends at work about Huge Actman and were surprised to recall that he was in fucking les mis... check his filmography out man, hes wolverine through and through and cant be much else. swordfish was good but not because of him

Ian Collins
Ian Collins

That doesn't support his argument, his argument was having background information about an actor helps his acceptability in certain roles.
Which I think is really just a poor argument, the reason why NPH works as a sexist semi-rapist in HIMYM is because it's a comedy show and is presented as such from the first few scenes of it.

Not because people had seen his face before at some point in time.

Nolan Robinson
Nolan Robinson

This is why digital is the way to go

Sebastian Miller
Sebastian Miller

never heard about this movie before
go on IMDB to read what other people think about it
no discussion boards
fucking amazon jews

why was it a bad movie?

Cameron Butler
Cameron Butler

See, that's the thing. I actually think it helps comedic actors (at least in Carey's case) because there's an element of pathos in seeing "the tears of a clown". Seeing that something CAN get to the funny guy who never takes things seriously adds a layer of depth to the performance.

Samuel Long
Samuel Long

My point was never that this is the only explanation of things ever, but just that, as I said, this is the most important least talked about aspect of film. Critics and people acting like critics pretend to judge every film and tv show as a complete, stand-alone work, when audiences are actually bringing in associations every time you use recognizable people.

Benjamin Johnson
Benjamin Johnson

The Fountain
The Prestige

Evan Stewart
Evan Stewart

...huh

Nathan Baker
Nathan Baker

t. has only seen wolverine
Jackman's got range, you pleb

Dylan Sullivan
Dylan Sullivan

Man this board is fun

Nice reaction image.

Joseph Watson
Joseph Watson

Here have them all you filthy whore:
(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)

Isaiah Anderson
Isaiah Anderson

WE

Samuel Reyes
Samuel Reyes

why the fuck are """ex"""criminals praised in fucking hollywood? those should be executed, not giving them highlight and screentime

Landon Lee
Landon Lee

l-look a former murderer has reformed! s-so brave!

Ryder Hill
Ryder Hill

Yes, look like black people from east Africa and

David Bailey
David Bailey

Not all white people look the same, not all black people look the same

Logan Campbell
Logan Campbell

Fucking 500 kinds of white people but you can't understand different ethnic groups for blacks

Jonathan Cruz
Jonathan Cruz

Nubians are black though. They speak a Nilo-saharan language.

Dylan Jackson
Dylan Jackson

so people who have used drugs should be barred from hollywood too? because that's not going to leave a lot of actors

Oliver Evans
Oliver Evans

Jesus Christ. Wtf indeed.

Levi Garcia
Levi Garcia

be 50 cent
do this

Gabriel Murphy
Gabriel Murphy

Rly makes you think

Matthew Martinez
Matthew Martinez

Kek

Sebastian Ramirez
Sebastian Ramirez

Welcome to last year, pleb.

Brody Walker
Brody Walker

cuck

Thomas Wood
Thomas Wood

Brody is the bomb in Predators.

Benjamin Price
Benjamin Price

ourboy

Kayden Diaz
Kayden Diaz

this honestly tickled my brain pussy

Ethan Baker
Ethan Baker

fucking r√ęddit tourists

Isaac Sanchez
Isaac Sanchez

ayy lmao

Sebastian Cox
Sebastian Cox

There are differences between slavs, nords and anglos too, for example.

Somalians are nothing like standard 'black people' they're liked a fucked up mix of blacks and indians.

What's your point?

Wyatt Rodriguez
Wyatt Rodriguez

tfw there aren't more Sup Forums posts like these
God damn it

Michael Evans
Michael Evans

Nicholas Cage said he specifically keeps his private life unknown so you don't have an idea of him as a person, kind of the opposite of Will Smith for instance.

Thomas Bennett
Thomas Bennett

could go for ECA stack, cardio and a caloric deficit but most likely it will just be a had he caloric deficit

Connor Bell
Connor Bell

kek

Parker Perry
Parker Perry

Damn nigga, great posts. You should post more often

Noah Reyes
Noah Reyes

Yeah. And not only did it flop but the movie itself was awful

Daniel Gutierrez
Daniel Gutierrez

Holy shit

Jackson Ward
Jackson Ward

Adrian Brody did a great job in Predator, and it worked intellectually but flopped on a gut level, because his image is that of a skinny dweeby actor playing the piano. He looked great when he ripped off his shirt to get brawling,

Holy shit, thanks for the goal body

Robert Cox
Robert Cox

a little of both

Hunter Myers
Hunter Myers

wow, have an upvote fellow redditor

Henry Reed
Henry Reed

SHUT UP TONY YAYO

Nathan Powell
Nathan Powell

Would add Adam Sandler in Reign Over Me.

Zachary Peterson
Zachary Peterson

Val Kilmer gained 54lbs for this role.

Nathan Rogers
Nathan Rogers

Kek

Aiden Stewart
Aiden Stewart

Mccounaghey still looks like shit after the weight loss

Grayson Martinez
Grayson Martinez

DNP.
Do it properly you lose 5 lbs a week easy.

Jonathan King
Jonathan King

Butthurt neonazi. Niggers are funny, deal with it.

Isaiah Johnson
Isaiah Johnson

Don't even recommend that dangerous shit. On the PSMF you can lose at least 35 pounds in 6 weeks safely. It's what they use for morbidly obese people who are at risk of dying soon.

Joshua Powell
Joshua Powell

What?

I don't think anyone argues that Jim Carrey can't do dramatic roles, he famous because he's one of the few comedic actors that can, same with Bill Murray

Zachary Davis
Zachary Davis

or presidents

Jackson Gutierrez
Jackson Gutierrez

fugging kek

Asher Cruz
Asher Cruz

wtf is this shit

Daniel Green
Daniel Green

Even better /ourboi/

Aiden Robinson
Aiden Robinson

Losing or gaining tons of weight in a short time is a shit gimmick by bad actors to trick sheeple into thinking they're good. Whoop dee doo you gained five pounds in ten weeks soon brave fuck off birch I gained fifty pounds in ten days yet no one praises me. Fucking normie scumbags fuckin hate em all.... Christ what a bunch of losers.