Desperate to be taken serious as an actor

>desperate to be taken serious as an actor
>lost 54 pounds in 9 weeks
>movie still bombs and critics call your perfomance shitty

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hIxDdmfmCJs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Den_of_Thieves_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=iD8Q0lvJZvI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

50 Reddit

that's depressing. his movies are pretty kino too

That movie wasn't that bad.

>Don't mind me just posting the literal spiritual sequel of Heat that nobody noticed.

youtu.be/hIxDdmfmCJs

Sounds familiar

I always liked fiddy. His music takes me back to the simpler times of the early to mid 00's.

after he lost all that weight, when he gained it all back he looks like shit now, like his face got wider or something, am i alone?

>am i alone?
Yes and that is how you shall die.

nice memed friend

AYO FIDDY HIT THAT RAMP

>Be the best thing on Twitter
>Challenge Floyd Mayweather to read one page of Cat In the Hat and he'll donate a million dollars to charity if he does because he knows Floyd is illiterate

50 is still winning.

Only in America can a black guy whose half a face doesn't move become a "serious" actor.
And wash your mouth before you retort "duh Kitano".

based fiddy

>take your soul sister #1 ass to sleep

I fucking love nigger bantz.

hahaha what a card

>on thermal dynamics

is he ourguy

>we wuz pharaohs and shit

>become a lardass in a few months to play a role in a movie everyone hated since it was announced and nobody watched
>get diagnosed with gout as a result of it

well duy wuz for like 100-200 years

but not in the moses era

based

Yeah it all sounds like it was made in 2003 for some reason.

kek really? poor guy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Den_of_Thieves_(film)

>Unfortunately, the release of this film has been delayed indefinitely due to scratches on the film making it unwatchable. Apparently these scratches were caused by cacti which were strategically placed by the Phone Losers of America.

Wtf?

Buy a water filter and get woke, kid. You're surrounded by space vampire pedophiles who love to destroy films using sentient cacti. Check Buzz Aldrin's twitter.

Could you pull up a video for me, user?

Phone Losers of America are some good folks

What these people don't realize is that the most important least talked about aspect of a film is the audiences preconceived ideas about the actors.

Barney from HIMYM does a lot of dodgy shit, and the audiences loves him for it. Some people claim that it's because NPH is a great actor, or talented guy, but it's mostly because of preconceived ideas. The audience knows that he's a child actor theater fag, and thus everything he does with women isn't taken seriously and is completely without malice or creepiness.

When Barney's explaining to Marshall how he'd handle Lily as his wife, the fantasy sequence has Lily leaping into Barney's arms and hardcore making out with him. The audience laughs, because the joke is that Barney's a sex-obsessed perv who wants to bang Lily. The only way this joke works is because we know NPH is super gay and associate him with Doogie and childhood innocence, so there's not any actual sexual energy, even though their tongues are mashing together and everything. A straight actor could never pull off the same jokes and be as lovable a cad. Barney can only be overtly sexual and rapey because we feel on a gut level that it's all playful and pretend.

Adrian Brody did a great job in Predator, and it worked intellectually but flopped on a gut level, because his image is that of a skinny dweeby actor playing the piano. He looked great when he ripped off his shirt to get brawling, but instead of going "oh yeah, it's on," the audience thinks, "man, when did AB get so buff" and the movie spell is broken. Arnold or Stallone could do that and no one would think twice, making it a badass moment that draws people in instead of having them pull back and think.

You lose your audience when you directly challenge their preconceived notions. You ignore what the audience already knows about the people they're seeing at your peril, and if you don't account for it and get it out of the way early, you're looking at a big ol' flop.

no actually there were some Nubian pharaohs.. Nubian's are not black people. They are a very distinct group from sub Saharan Africans.

Michael Bay does this really well, using audience preconceived notions as a shortcut on character development. In 13 Hours, John Krasinski got super buff, but he's never shown working out like the other guys, and attention is never forced on how sculpted and ripped he is. Instead, Bay gives just a brief sketch of the character, lets audience ideas fill in the rest, and avoids challenging those at all costs. As a result, jokes that couldn't and wouldn't exist with another actor are funny moments. When the Libyan guy comes back with his helmet, and John Krasinski watches him the tiniest hint of a smile, it registers as a joke, not because of what's actually happening, but because of what we expect from JK.

Charlie Sheen got Action Hero buff for Hot Shots, but it doesn't look real; it looks like a comedy. Ever ask yourself why? People can't separate the actor from the role. Directly challenge their notions at your peril. Best result is using them for your advantage.

Beautiful

>only sub saharan africans are black

their skin is black so they are black people
don't understand why you're trying to move the goalposts on this one

or are somalis not black either

I guess that's the same reason people find it difficult to appreciate Jim Carrey or Owen Wilson in serious roles, even though they are really good in it

teach me user

>tfw like 50 Cent again

Beautiful

Beautiful

Get Rich or Die Tryin' was absolute kino. Fuck the critics for slamming it, shit should have won an Oscar.

A good day for all.

Probably the most insightful thing posted on this board in weeks, if not months.

>and for you

Not him but somalis have a very distinct non black look besides the actual color of their skin. They're similar in a way but not the same race at all.

>2020
Not bad, either

Indeed, not bad at all.

Just look at the Fellowship of the Ring. Early on in the movie, there's that ballet of a scene where Gandalf is in Bilbo's house, where they do all of their forced perspective tricks and movie magic. Sure, there's lots of exposition and stuff going on, but the real purpose was to give the audience a chance to marvel at and get used to the idea that Hobbits were small; people were big; actors are all the same. It's not just a random drawn out scene. If you expect an audience to accept what the movie requires them to accept, you need to give them a chance to do it early. That's why Peter Jackson had that drawn out showy scene right in the beginning. If you have to have people pull back and think about what you're doing, taking time to accept it, you need to get it out of the way before you want them to feel anything.

The Predator thing fucked up because it asked us to accept Adrian Brody as being a buff badass at the climax of the movie. Fellowship was smart enough to challenge the audience during exposition, when the audience is looking for something to distract them anyway.

>somalis have a very distinct non black look
t. Minnesotan

A TRIPS LORD?

Each of those had me in tears.

Based Fiddy.

quality post user

Yep. For some reason, people think typecasting only applies in extreme cases. The same forces that make it impossible for actors to escape James Bond are always at work. It's not a rare anomaly that people bring associations into the movie theater; there are always audience expectations.

top kek

But they don't have fully black skin. They are not black and they don't consider themselves black.

It was Harry Potter first, then Cat In the Hat for $750k.

youtube.com/watch?v=iD8Q0lvJZvI

Is there any actor that bypasses these forces?

>But they don't have fully black skin. They are not black and they don't consider themselves black.

Prove their non-blackness

very well made posts. You managed to explain perfectly that seemingly unfair complain a lot of people have regarding comedic actors in serious roles or tradicionally skinny people as buff dudes. I always thought it was stupid of me to think that sort of thing, because most of the times the actor is actually versatile, but like you said, you're pulled straight out of the film, and that's the worst thing a scene can do to the audience. Finally, your examples describing it done well by Bay and Peter Jackson prove that it's never the audience's fault for having a pre-determined expectation of what an actor does in a movie, you just have to give them a chance to warm up to this "anti-typecast", I guess. Best posts in weeks on Sup Forums, kudos!

>come to Sup Forums
>Somalians trying to pass as Arabs

There's no such thing as black-kino.

Not him but I think this guy. John Goodman too

How do you lose 54 pounds in 9 weeks without dying?

>look up 50's twitter
>still shilling effen vodka

Does these people really look like any black people you know?

Pretty much, yeah.

They look like poo in loos

YES.

Fuck, how do I lose 54 pounds in 9 weeks?

Crack cocaine. You are gonna love it.

I am him, and honestly the only actor I can think of that might come close is Hugh Jackman. It seems like people will accept him as pretty much anything without any warning.

It's neither a good nor a bad thing to have audience expectations or associations for/with you. It's only natural that familiarity comes with expectations. If audiences showed up with a blank slate every time the lights went down, the movie industry would break.

Bill Nighy

This is wrong.
HIMYM is hugely popular in Germany and no one is offended by Barney, in fact he's the favorite of the cast I'd reckon.

No one in Germany knows who NPH is, especially not the normie-pleb audience of this TV show.

Your argument is weak.

Eyo, so you sayin'
*reloads AK-47*
we wuzn't African
*commits piracy*
we iz Caucasoid?
*moves to Minnesota*
Shieeet

You're Hugh Jackman? You were great in the Clawman series and that movie about stealing bread and dead hookers.

this shit makes me laugh every time, I have a really hard time deciding if black people are a menace or they are a national treasure

Hey.

Look at me.

Hey.

Look at me.

We're the sheiks now.

I think Russel Crowe comes close too, and I want him and Jackman to star in more movies together

>No one in Germany knows who NPH is
Doogie Howser ran here for several years, too. NPH is not a household name, but he's a familiar face to avid TV watchers.

lad no. i was talking with friends at work about Huge Actman and were surprised to recall that he was in fucking les mis... check his filmography out man, hes wolverine through and through and cant be much else. swordfish was good but not because of him

That doesn't support his argument, his argument was having background information about an actor helps his acceptability in certain roles.
Which I think is really just a poor argument, the reason why NPH works as a sexist semi-rapist in HIMYM is because it's a comedy show and is presented as such from the first few scenes of it.

Not because people had seen his face before at some point in time.

This is why digital is the way to go

>never heard about this movie before
>go on IMDB to read what other people think about it
>no discussion boards
fucking amazon jews

why was it a bad movie?

See, that's the thing. I actually think it helps comedic actors (at least in Carey's case) because there's an element of pathos in seeing "the tears of a clown". Seeing that something CAN get to the funny guy who never takes things seriously adds a layer of depth to the performance.

My point was never that this is the only explanation of things ever, but just that, as I said, this is the most important least talked about aspect of film. Critics and people acting like critics pretend to judge every film and tv show as a complete, stand-alone work, when audiences are actually bringing in associations every time you use recognizable people.

>The Fountain
>The Prestige

...huh

t. has only seen wolverine
Jackman's got range, you pleb

Man this board is fun

Nice reaction image.

Here have them all you filthy whore:
(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)

WE

why the fuck are """ex"""criminals praised in fucking hollywood? those should be executed, not giving them highlight and screentime

>l-look a former murderer has reformed! s-so brave!

Yes, look like black people from east Africa and

Not all white people look the same, not all black people look the same

Fucking 500 kinds of white people but you can't understand different ethnic groups for blacks

Nubians are black though. They speak a Nilo-saharan language.

so people who have used drugs should be barred from hollywood too? because that's not going to leave a lot of actors

Jesus Christ. Wtf indeed.