IT

>Stephen King apparently likes new "It" movie
>They apparently start shooting "It 2" this month

Are you ready to apologize, Sup Forums?

nme.com/news/film/stephen-king-gives-verdict-remake-stephen-kings-2005223
movieweb.com/it-2-production-start-date-2017-synopsis/

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170307215358/http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3426877/second-half-new-adaptation-already-filming-month/
twitter.com/stephenking/status/839233720280309761
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>new "It" movie
It is actually the first movie considering the other superior version was a mini series.

I'll believe it when I see it, there has never been a good movie adaptation of a Stephen King novel.

It wasn't faithful to the books and it wasn't scary. Anyone who enjoys the miniseries is just indulging in feel good nostalgia

Show me the gangbang and I'll apologize.

>implying the langoliers isn't the greatest film ever made

King also liked the Shining miniseries better than the movie.

You can't trust in the man's taste.

>books
What?
There was one book and it was depressing as hell. I liked the mini series much better.

if it's really good then ill apologize.

I was disappointed when Cary Fukuwhatever wasn't going to be involved anymore. between that and the kid actors getting in fights with banana man Amazing Atheist I assumed it was going to be a shit show

I don't trust Stephen King's word. Peeps who've seen it say Pennywise does switch between a jovial jolly voice and an evil one. Apparently Pennywise doesn't suck like people have been hoping. If you hate his costume you hate his costume of course.

1408 fuck you.

I have a lot of respect for King as an author; he can shit out a readable book in 6 months and occasionally he writes good books
But when it comes to film adaptations of his work, the man's an idiot though I agree with what he said about The Shining

>It wasn't faithful to the books

This is true, I expect to see kids fucking in this new one. You gotta be faithful.

he liked the mists ending so good nuf for me

Stephen King also likes Idris Elba as Roland. His endorsement means less than a whore's promise to me.

>people are actually pretending a remake of an iconic horror movie
Yeah Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 was real great oh so was Rob Zombie's Halloween! /s

Less than six months and still no trailer. Not even teaser. This is rather very good or very bad.

Does he really. I doubt it. That's totally different. He's a liberal and he's scared to say Idris Elba is all wrong. Roland is blatantly a white character. and yes it's part of his character.

but, if he's not covering his ass over PC shit, I'll accept that he likes a movie about one of his books

No Idris Gunslinger movie is getting a cent of my money though

Trailer fucking when?

You all keep asking for this, but it's not going to happen. Best we'll get is the leper scene.

>Stephen King apparently likes new "It" movie

Gee I wonder why. Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he's making money from it, would it?

I did like the first half of the Halloween remake tho. I liked that you actually saw a bit of why Micheal is crazy and more of his back story, rather than just have Dr Loomis running around screaming about how dangerous he is.

Net worth 400 million and do a small research and you will find out he doesn't really care about money.

Does anyone have a recomended reading list for King's stuff?

The Dark Tower series
and the book versions of the most famous films based on his books

I wouldn't hold out for a proper list because /lit/ hates him if I recall correctly.

We're getting Javier Botet as the leper, that's been confirmed from casting and leaks.
>you will never see the Losers run a train on Beverly Marsh while covered in shit and piss in the sewers

besides frank darabont, depalma's carrie and the 90's shining miniseries, does he actually like any of his adaptations?

he's criticized plenty of films based on his works that he technically profited from.

Desperation and the regulators was pretty good.

Salem's lot used to be good, but in later printings they spoiled the fucking book by advertising that it was all about fucking vampires

Dark tower is pretty good but 7 books long

The stand

They're going to do some reshoot scenes in next month

>IT 2
What's the point if it won't have based Finn?

its going to suck user

but Sup Forums says that about everything so

>A newly-updated listing on the very often reliable website My Entertainment World has just indicated that filming will begin March 17, 2017 on the second film, under the secret title Accordion. One might ascertain that this means the first film is undergoing some re-shoots before the release later this year, but the plot listed certainly indicates otherwise…

>A promise made twenty-eight years ago calls seven adults to reunite in Derry, Maine, where as teenagers they battled an evil creature that preyed on the city’s children. Unsure that their Losers Club had vanquished the creature all those years ago, the seven had vowed to return to Derry if IT should ever reappear.

>The filming location is listed as Toronto, Canada, where the first part was also shot.
web.archive.org/web/20170307215358/http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3426877/second-half-new-adaptation-already-filming-month/

But everything does suck.

Stephen King has also walked back "that" scene from the books, saying if he knew what the political atmosphere vis a vis child sexuality was going to be like, he would never have written the scene.

He's a wimp and a coward, and a well-padded one at that.

Is that Barron Trump?

>there has never been a good movie adaptation of a Stephen King novel.

That is kind of hard to achieve when the source material is shit.

Cool beans.

>it was depressing as hell.
What's wrong with that?

So I trust they kept the part where they ran a train on the litter girl in it?

>they ran a train on the litter girl in it?
Who are you to say what gender she identifies as?

>The Shining
>Not good

That's because it deviated from the source material.

Misery is pretty good

Every single movie adaptation deviates from the source material

twitter.com/stephenking/status/839233720280309761

Kino confirmed

Do you wish you could go back in time and get a train ran on you by 5 people who care about you? Feel like I missed out.

You guys realize he wrote Shawshank Redemption, right?

It's not a remake though

>I was disappointed when Cary Fukuwhatever wasn't going to be involved anymore

Don't be. His script was shit.

>Changed names for no reason
>Changed personalities
>IT was a clown almost the whole time
>the kids kill IT the first time by melee attacking it with a bunch of tools from one of the kid's garage

Misery maybe?

It's going to feel underwhelming considering Stranger Things was an homage to IT and I bet a lot of people will be saying King's miniseries ripped it off. You know for a fact they will.

Stephen King didn't like the shinning and then made a very bad mini series about it. I don't trust him.

>Author who will receive a cut of the gross profit claims to "like" the film, urges readers and non-readers alike to see it in person

the movie is going to suck shit and IT 2 will be canceled as a result

Why is he a renaissance jester now? That's actually less scary than clown.

I like misery

What's wrong with his head?

Most people would know IT came our first since the Stranger Things actor is in this

What did those boyos and one girl do to their friend Jaeden? He looks real steamed.

we dont have a trailer yet do we?

>King's miniseries ripped it off.

There are several things wrong with this statement and I'm not sure how to go about unpacking it all.

This and Stranger Things both come out in October, right? How can other months even compete?

>trusting the taste of stephen king

this is a man who wrote HIMSELF into a fucking novel

He's clearly upset because he doesn't have an ice cream cone. It's the premise of the entire picture. He's even holding his hand out as if he's holding an ice cream cone to telegraph it. You'd know that if you weren't distracted by the 13 year olds in bathrobes like a fucking creep.

>King hated Kubrick's The Shining
>it was amazing
>King did the "real" adaptation of The Shining
>it was shit
King is a pleb who can write 400 pages every, that's the only reason people pretend to respect him.

Why is he so based ?

>this is a man who wrote HIMSELF into a fucking novel
Problem?

This and Stand By Me.

Stephen King hated Stanley Kubricks It. He has horrible taste.

>Carrie
>shinning
>shawshank
>not good
kys

>Stanley Kubricks It

>The Mist
>Misery
>SR
>The Green Mile
>Dead Zone

>I'll believe it when I see it, there has never been a good movie adaptation of a Stephen King novel.

Shawshank Redemption and The Dead Zone were great, kinda liked the Salem's Lot TV movie as well, the vast majority are crap though.

She was described in the book as being very beautiful, WTF is this ?

She is even worse looking than the retard they had in the mini-series...

>the hack known as Steven King likes it

Into the trash it goes.

>What's wrong with that?
I read it in the hospital, so it made me even more depressed.

lel as adaptations go, Stephen King probably has the biggest and best track record.

You understand it's not only the source material which makes these two film great?

what a fucking pleb, fuku 's script was ass and hes shit in general. true detectves(which is the only good thing he has) was carried mostly by the 2 leads. the overrall plot is pretty boring

Sorry this industry is so garbage that it needs to make a reboot of fucking "It"

All of these, I'd also say Duma Key and Revival.

But user, the film The Shining is shit.

Although I am willing to concede it's because I fuckinn despise jack Nicholson as an actor

i shall watch it just to see if this fucker comes alive

I wish King had been killed by that Van before becoming such a twisted shell of his former self.

Stephen King is a fucking hack who doesn't understand a single goddamn thing about true cinema.

Get out of here with your plebesterian bullshit.