1. your cunt

1. your cunt
2. do you think life is absurd and pointless?
flag
yes

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/10/so-many-galaxies/504185/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

one must imagine sisyphus happy

But why?

its a fact tho, not one's opinion

Why not 2bh
You can care about meaninh and be miserable or free yourself through a healthy mixture positivity and apathy.

kys

I think humans are absurd and pointless. We don't have a place in the ecosystem like all the other animals, why do we even exist? Where do we come from?
We could disappear right now and not a single wild animal would be affected, we simply serve no purpose to nature.

That would be an option yes. It's actually comforting knowing I can end it anytime I want.

>why do we even exist? Where do we come from?
Also what makes me "me"? Infinite time could've passed without me having this sense of self but for some reason I was born and gained awareness.

As far as we know, nothing else in existence can think, create and reshape the world like we do. The concepts we give birth long outlive our animal roots. Arguably we're the only things that matter in the universe.

read the myth of sisyphus

I think life is absurd but in an amusing way. Seen way too many things I wouldn't have believed if I read it in a fictional book. Also believe that yes life is inherently pointless but you can give meaning to your own life if you wish to do so

>Arguably we're the only things that matter in the universe.
And to what end do we matter? We can create pretty much anything we want to, but there's still no clue as to why we presumably are the only intelligent creatures in existence. Just what purpose do we actually serve?

I haven't read it but I know about it. Isn't that the closing line? I wonder why we must imagine him happy. I read only "the stranger" by Camus

the only purpose of life is to experience life itself and sentience, because we are the universe looking at itself
everything else, like society, language and stuff like that is pointless since it's human made, not universe-made like humans themselves

There are billions of stars in our galaxy( I think) with planets and billions of galaxies. I doubt very much we are the only beings that exist in this universe.

*intelligent beings

but you might not understand their intelligence at all, maybe they are sentient in a completely diffirent way than you are

Then you don't comprehend the truly astronomical amounts of coincidences that led us here. Billions is nothing.

Why do you need a purpose to matter? Now you're just making up pointless questions.

Actually it's trillions of galaxies

>New research estimates there are 2 trillion galaxies in the observable region of the cosmos, an order of magnitude more than previously thought.

theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/10/so-many-galaxies/504185/

Only GALAXIES

and notice it says in the OBSERVABLE portion of it. Imagine the whole thing.

"Mattering" implies importance, which implies purpose. You can't matter without a reason for mattering.

No it doesn't. How would you ever think it does? Gravity is important but doesn't have a purpose.

You try to beat your personal rock-score. It can be a good multiplayer game if you get friends.

Purpose is a deceiving concept. We are the consequence of a series of causes preceeding us. Hard Determinism moves the universe and even our illusion of free will is a reaction of our past events and our biology.
We appear to be the most influencial (on earth) because evolution is bound to create super-predators eventually. But you could argue plants were more influential by starting the phitosynthesis that allowed our existence, and so many previous steps in evolution.

stop being nihilistic

Nihilism is the hard truth at the end. Make up meaning for yourself all you want, in the end it's all the same.

baby's first existential crisis

>And to what end
This is a non-question. Stop wasting time on non-questions.

How does a more experienced existential crisis look like?