ITT: Dishonest film making

ITT: Dishonest film making.

Life is shit and he makes it seem not

His nose looks like it completely lacks cartilage, is he a coke addict?

Is he supposed to look like that?

I'm not sure if this makes me vain, but I honestly don't know how such a large group of people can consistently tune in to watch someone so hideously ugly.

Life is not shit if you are rich

Most people are ugly and he makes his life look interesting. By appealing to most people in looks, they can live vicariously through his fun life.

Proof that if you're attractive life is easy-mode

jdimsa

His "movies" are so fucking dumb. Why would watching a man dangling from a ladder be considered good and have millions of views?

>implying

he's a master at click bait. there'll be a cute girl in his still image that appears for a split second in the actual vid. he'll have a provocative question he'll barely address. for example, "penny board in an airport" or something like that. all it was was vacation clips. he barely used the skate board. or his "why i wear sunglasses." I still don't know how he got famous or why I should care. he doesn't have a solid message. it's all style.

it's perfect for this useless generation

there was a study that people have a harder time getting into a film when the main actor is attractive..

where is his philtrum?

>le dishonesty meem

Fucking end this shit.

>videos are just him riding a motorized skateboard slowly around central park or spending 10 minutes talking about nothing with some clickbait title

Wow very interesting

No, just jewish.

who?

Hilary Clinton.

Wierd looking dude

Its not a meme. Dishonest Filmmaking
(Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously.
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonising.

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking.

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say.
They act under the guise of deconstruction with surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time.

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to

>Mike Leigh
>The Coen Brothers
>Werner Herzog
>James Cameron
>Mel Gibson
>Terrence Malick
>Gaspar Noe
>Clint Eastwood

True

Because WOW SO INSPIRATIONAL *clicks off video and forgets it 4 seconds later*

Guy makes art with real impact

>attractive

He's literally so ugly I have difficulty looking at him

ITT: The success of other people bother me.

If that's ugly then I don't know what I am.

You probably post motivational quotes on your instagram, shutup

Asides from his nose he's really not ugly. He has a very masculine jaw and is quite fit and charismatic which can take someone far.

he tried to do something different with vlogging and all he did was spawn a whole bunch of copy cats obsessed with "awesome shots"
the definition of style over substance

This. Whenever I see his face and rotted skin I feel genuinely ill.