Pure kino

pure kino

its not slow and boring is it? i usually assume all oscar noms are like this.

>join the army but don't wanna kill people
>become a fireman but don't wanna extinguish fires
>become a cop but don't wanna arrest people

>become a medic but don't want to heal people

oh wait, you missed the point entirely

got a (you) though so be happy

>join the army but don't wanna kill people
>take a shit but don't wanna wipe your ass

>become combat medic but don't wanna do the combat part

if by kino you go for the meaning of touching/physical contact yes is a cheap dramatized movie
forcing a bonding with his mc

maybe the first act a little but third is pure drama and action all the time
>army is only for killing other people
fucking hippies

That's right, he was against violence and wanted to help people. Did you even see the movie?

>if you feel connection with the character it means that the movie is cheap and not artsy
nice fedora there pal

what else do they do retard?
there are ways of helping people that don't even involve guns lmao

you said that if you join an army you MUST kill people, so what about the people who don't have to do it and still are in the army?

that's different from joining up as a combat medic though

Was so kino that I said the rosary and went to church on Sunday

Describe the job he could have chosen during World War 2 that would have saved as many of his country men getting harmed as his chosen career.

I'll wait.

I'll even ignore the entire fact that his country was attacked and he still wanted to do his part to help, even if that didn't involve harming others.

Go for it. Explain the choices he could have made that would have helped as many people as he did.

Enjoyed it more than Manchester by the Sea

Movie was actually pretty damn good. The fact that the guy actually did those things (to some degree, you know "true stories" ain't 100% true) makes it all the more great to sit through.
I honestly liked it a lot. I thought it'd get too preachy because I'm an atheist and can't stand that shit, but I'll be damned if Gibson didn't handle it extremely well. Would watch again at some point.

>i'm an atheist
what happened to this fucking board

>critics a films plot
>it's a true story

you know what website you're on right?

from the looks of things i'd say r*ddit. maybe you need to go back there, gaytheist.

It's just slightly better than Pearl Harbor. It's corny as fuck.

Fuck off christfag just because le Sup Forums has taken over doesn't mean Christians aren't fucking retarded.

and there it is. the edgy teenager's mask slips right off. are these really the types of people we want on Sup Forums?

The battle scenes make pearl harbor look like disneyland. 2/3'rds of the movie was awesomely brutal WW2 combat with crazy Japs

wasn't the same user. Also if you don't like the word christfag you can go to reddit and find some r/Christ page or some shit.

Sup Forums is a christian site. Reddit is 100% muh atheism. Go back.

So? It only made the corny parts feel more out of place. At least Pearl Harbor had a consistent tone.

>it's a Christian site I swear! please I don't want to leave :(
lurk more

you're the one who needs to lurk moar if you don't think this is a christian imageboard. Sup Forums grew out of their edgy atheist teenager phase a long time ago. maybe you should grow up with it.

>all these atheists
>on my Sup Forums
Our Lord and Savior did not die for our sins for you to act like this on the internet

To be fair this movie is really cheap.

It basically uses canned emotions and conflicts for the first hour and then it expects you to still care by the time the second hour rolls around.

You do know this is a true story, right?

Also did you even watch the movie?

so what you're really trying to say is that you're a newfag and a christfag?

oh please, i love Mel but this is one is so mediocre. the body shield made me laugh though i don't know if that was intentional, if it was that's like a quip ffs Mel

so what you're really trying to say is you're a redditor? take a screenshot of your browser history and show me you don't have reddit in there. no cleaning. but you won't, faggot, and that's because you know i'm right. keep showing off how mature you are for rejecting our lord and savior, we're all really impressed.

I'm atheist but Jesus Christ I hate atheists so much
Can't the rest of you regards just respect and not care about other religions and religious symbols
I'm not Christian but I find Christian culture and history interesting, stop being such a sperg

>I'll call people gaytheists but the moment someone points out I'm the retard I'm gonna get mad
fuck off

mean to reply to

>calls others mad
>so mad he can't even reply to the right post

It's really good, I wasn't really having very high hopes for it but once it got about 30 minutes in and out of the romance chickflick portion, it was pure kino throughout. The father drama in the first portion even managed to save that, although I'm not American so the apparently bad accents didn't throw me off like it did some people.

From basic training onwards, it's good. From actually arriving on the island onwards, it's true horror kino.

Only iffy about some of the green screen, which was so obvious it was quite distracting, such as him and his waifu standing on the rock at the top of the mountain they climb, to the final shot of him being lowered down on a stretcher. There's a shot where he first walks through the doorway into the barracks and it's so obvious that it's an interior set with a green screen behind the door where the outside will be.

I'm not normally critical of stuff like that, I'm normally not able to pick it out, but it was quite distracting.

Still a solid 4.5/5 at a minimum.

>From basic training onwards, it's good
From arriving on the island, it's good, minus vince vaughn saying "You're not in kansas anymore dorothy" (which is some true cringe) and some of the awful video-gamey parts of the battles.

But the basic training was about as grating to me as the whole romance section before it. Right from the introduction of his bunkmates, who are varying degrees of caricature, I could tell the whole section was going to be worthless. How about that joke where one guy stands through vince vaughn's drilling with a knife in his foot? Is this really the right tone of humor for a movie like this?

The section of conflict that follows it then plays out like a soap opera. It's one man against the world. The whole group of one-dimensional squadmates decides unanimously to hate him, and, predictably (taking one of many beats from Full Metal Jacket) they are so angry they have to beat him up. And then this hero, this Desmond Doss, bloody and beaten, says "No sir, I don't want to report my attackers" and the audience is supposed to go wild for his capacity for forgiveness and his dedication to the cause.

And this is all without going into how painfully rote and forced the whole court sequence where his dad shows up is.

Basically, this film is one step above pure shit.

This post is one step below pure shit.

>its not slow and boring is it? i usually assume all oscar noms are like this.
You're pathetic

not an argument

>God gave his only begotten son to the world
>Nu male redditors piss on his memory
CALM ME THE FUCK DOWN RIGHT NOW

>he even brought down some japs
>...they didnt make it...
So they killed the japs, right?

The middle third was terrible, I agree.

The first and third acts were decent though. There was some brilliant filmmaking on the battlefield, particularly where he went underground and it felt like a true horror movie trying to avoid the Japs.

I liked it but I don't think it lived up to it's potential

The best parts for me was hearing the actual dude speak (which wasn't even filmed for this movie, as he was dead)

They should have spent a LOT more time with him on the battlefield too. He's a hero because of how many lives he saved, but we don't get much more than a brief montage of him saving some dudes.

Still liked it but not quite there.

He literally did what you're asking him to do

He just said he's an atheist to add weight to how much he appreciated the movie

You're a fucking idiot. Which is why you have fallen for religion, and get emotional when it's 'attacked' (someone else not being stupid enough to believe your childrens book written by 2 millenium old sheepherders who thought the best way to cure disease was to bleed the person out to get rid of the demons)

yeah i think that was the implication user

>outdated medical beliefs completely invalidate a book of basic moral lessons and inspiring anecdotes about faith
wew

Did you not see the part where I said I'm an atheist or are did you just not see the reason I was bothered
I was talking about how he said he couldn't 'stand that shit', when movies have religious symbolism
If you actually get upset by this you need to realize you're just as bad as radical theists

he's right though
his father in the court is forced because it didn't actually happened, but I didn't mind. Hugo Weaving gave a great performance, so a little more was fine to me

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

I'm not judging the movie, which I haven't watched yet, and I haven't read that much about Desmond Doss, but from what I've seen his point of view was extremely hypocritical and narcissistic.
He didn't want to resort to violence, so he just aided other soldiers...whose job was to kill people, and he thought this wouldn't get blood on his hands. But as a matter of fact, it did. If I help a man stand up so he can shoot someone, I'm just as responsible as him for their death.

kys

Indirectly, instant of directly, which goes in the final instance of the war machine to the guy to pulling the trigger.
Sure, it's a questionable position, but it's strong enough for someone like him, so, all goes.

Do you even watch movies or TV if you drop anything that involves a jew?

I guarantee Jews are involved with whatever media you like. Heavily. Jews are smarter than white people and that's why we run your country.

Yeah it's not exactly a well-thought out position. Not like the guy should be hated or anything, but it definitely takes some hardcore mental gymnastics to think you can somehow absolve/avoid the guilt of war just because you weren't actually shooting.

Seems like the sort of moral question somebody should make a movie out of... too bad hacksaw ridge just ignores it.

Kino Ridge