The average Nordman does not have different geographical experiences than the average Estonian...

The average Nordman does not have different geographical experiences than the average Estonian. Tundra people are a different race.

Our identity is based on the Baltic Sea and Northern maritime climate. Either we are Nordic or literally no one is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HyjuD3plRxg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You are a subhuman from an Eastern European shithole. Stop trying to latch onto the coat tails of your superiors and accept your place in the world.

>accept your place in the world

The world has already given us a place. You are the one not accepting it.

You are a Mongoloid

Not a drop of Mongol blood.

Russia confirmed for nordic

Isn't your country's purpose to be a cheap licour store?

Yes, just got to get rid of the Slavs inhabiting the place

The Russians in that region are all blonde and blue eyed. They are the descendants of viking settlers

Well finnish people and swedes were settled there before Peter the great decided it was to become his namesake

Russia is too big to have a cohesive identity and the central government goes all the way back to Moscow which is very far. Also the mentality is different. Their Nordicness was only getting btfo by Nords. But I would argue regionally they may have some spirit St. Petersburg gets very cold. What was with the theory of Nords coming partially from Russia again?

Dont care

Muh blonde hair

is Switzerland Nordic?

Switzerland is neutral

Get medicine for your depression

>SwItZiRlInD iS nItRiL

Russians are by definition Nordic.
>st petes gets cold
Nothing compared to the more eastern parts of Russia that are also full of blue eyed people
>descendants from Nordics
No but they both have the same roots

Blonde people are the Herrenrasse

Yeah we know, some swedes have inherited lapp genes.

Sami genocide when?

Phenotype is more important, and your map includes light brown as well as Red hair.

Obviously nobody should have black hair.

Not a drop of Mongol blood

>Russians are by definition Nordic.
The only problem is the Russians who are living there now are probably not who we think they are as St. Petersburg is a multicultural metropolis, which has experienced a lot of migration with the mainland. I would only consider the ones living in the direct vicinity of their short Baltic coast as Nordic genetically (as the map shows), but not culturally.

To be honest if a Russian from there went to let's say, Stockholm and dressed, spoke and acted the part, there is no way in hell anyone could tell him apart.

Real nords have Mountains for real nordic wintersports.

Lowland Russians (Estonians) don't have Mountains.

This man was born in Stockholm

>Danes
>Icelandics
>Faroe
>Aland
>Gotland

This.

Do you hate your own country and its people so much that you want to lose your independence?

>Danes
>Northern Germans

>Iceland
>What is Hvannadalshnúkur

>Faroe
>What is Slættaratindur

>Aland
>pik related

>Gotland
>Isn't part of Sweden

>what is blah blah

We have more skiing history than any of those places, which have all earned the right to be called Nordic. Your armchair anthropology of "y is on the border of x so they are x" is laughable.

>We have more skiing history
You mean the USSR?

I'm older than Estonia. I have more History than your Nation.

You are not Nordic and nobody wants anything to do with you except Russia.

You are Balto-Slavic ok

So you are almost 100 years old, great. The fact that Hitler and Stalin made a pact did not erase our people (well, most of them anyway).

t. Kaj Göransson, Stockholmer cosmopolite

>Balto-Slavic
I only recognize Baltic and Slavic.

>Estonia was made up in 1992 from a former Russian province
>100 years

Non-Countries everyone

The issue is not even about the rich Scandi country secret club, but more about the cultural and geographical identity of Northern Europe, which has been hijacked from us.

But what,s wrong about just being Baltic? Not like you guys would gain anything from being considered a Nordic country

Tradition and history. Baltic is pretty much a political term and does not concern language or identity. It has been conceived to show unity in face of Russia/Soviets. During most of our history we have been in either German or Swedish empires, something which is casually swept under the rug. Our language has a lot of Germanisms, but almost nothing Russian.

As for Balts, historically we don't have much dealings with Lithuania for example, they are a completely different thing from us. The location of Tallinn, as shown in OP, should get some neurons firing immediately.

What does Baltic mean anyway, countries that have been backed to a corner thanks to Prussia turning into Kaliningrad (*spits on it*)? I suppose so, but it doesn't tell the story of our history and culture.

Finns, Swedes, Danes, Poles and Germans live on the side of the Baltic Sea as well. Why aren't they Baltic?

You are literally attached to Russia

So are Finland and Norway. Literally more than half of the border is water as well.

I get why you people kill yourselves so often if this is a common attitude in your country.

An argument is an attitude?

DON'T BULLY EESTI

youtube.com/watch?v=HyjuD3plRxg

Shit meant for

>living in the south
Weak

You are more of a Nord than I will ever be.

>cultural and geographical identity of Northern Europe
Just wondering what sort of cultural and geographical identity you claim to latch on to. You're close to Finland, but there's a sea dividing you
I know fuck all about the history of Estonia, but the rest of the Nordics have had extremely close historical and cultural ties (Sweden fought Denmark, Norway was in union with both countries, Finland belonged to Sweden, Iceland was settled by norwegians and for a long time belonged to Denmark, for example)
I also know there's a sea dividing Iceland and Denmark from the rest of the nordics, but as explained, they have cultural and historical ties, which is why they're considered nordic

Population density of the Baltic Sea region.

Most of our historical cultural development happened under russian rule so i doubt you know fuck all about us.

>Slavs
Eww

Southern Europeans share the Baltic sea with Egypty, Israel and many other shity countries, doesn't mean they want to associate with them.

>Southern Europeans share the Baltic sea with Egypty...
hmm interesting

You, Latvians and Lithuanians are in Baltic peninsula

>Southern Europeans share the Baltic sea
Clap Clap Clap

meant for

Well I've seen several angry finns in the comment section of a video that implied that. I am aware of the historical connection with Russia, but I was under the impression that finns thought the connections to Sweden were more important

Lmao obviously I meant Mediterranians sea*

Sailing culture, warrior culture, viking history, aurora, snow and cold, gross, but filling fatty and fermented food, nights just as dark and days just as bright as anywhere else in the Nordics. Also stereotypical Nordic genetic traits. These are the things that don't come up when one thinks of Eesti. Just Eastern European and beach Russian.

Most of those "cultural relations" are just a way to distance themselves from Russia.

In reality most of our contemporary culture was created under Russian rule and doesn't really fit the nordic circlejerk. And thus far the nordic circlejerk hasn 't been beneficial for us so i see no reason to enforce it in any way.

It's also important

But during Russian rule was "Finlands century" because we started strongly identify as Finns

But our country what it is, has always been similar to Sweden

T. other

Estonia is and oddball they are neither balts nor nodicks

>nordic circlejerk

To make myself clear again, I'm not talking about the Nordic/Scandi economic club, which we currently have no right to demand our admission to. Just Northern European identity in general.

This is what i was going for

t:

Fuck off, but thanks for the flag :^)

What's wrong with Estonian Identity?
Are you a muh heritage tier Shartstonian that goes always to the currently most prestigious trend due to lack of any spine and personality development?

WE WUZ NORDIGGS N SHIT

Why is Estonia such a wonder of a country?! Only 25 years ago it was devastated by communist rule, but now Estonian people live better than Greece, Portugal and Italy, we're not even talking about ex-USSR.
By the way did you know that public transport is FREE in Estonia?
And they even can VOTE ONLINE?
And NOKIA has facilities over there because Finnish infrastructure is obsolete compared to Estonia, which is LITERALLY permeated with optic fibre?

Bravo, Estonia.

"Nordic" doesn't have to do with who lives northest

Also the Scandis are different from Finns and Eestis, we can barely be counted Nordic

yes yes, you are nordic, sheesh

Finland is like a lightyear ahead of Estonia

Estonians are obsessed with this stuff

I would say the only thing we don't do that other Nordics do is speak a Germanic language. But Estonian has already been German'd anyway.

Geographical differences too

Different people and culture

Watch your back because Estonia gonna surpass you

Iceland, which is Nordic, seems to have a serious problem. Do all white men there have broken trigger fingers?

>Our identity is based on the Baltic Sea and Northern maritime climate
So you are baltic and no one denies it. In fact we encourage you to accept your fate.

>Geographical differences too

As shown in the OP, for most inhabitants of these countries, the geographical differences are absolutely minimal. Tallinn, Stockholm, Helsinki and Oslo are pretty much the same geographically.

Different ethnic groups behaving differently

Send ihr ein Penisbild.

Funktioniert jedes mal.

This is true. But they have close relationships historically. You don't except a big area like Northern Europe to be ethnically homogeneous. There are different nationalities, so what?

thanks for saving our king, eesti

>It's Estonians show their inferiority complex again episode

Thanks for our protector, Taara (Thor).

I would argue that Estonians are perhaps the truest Nordics. Not consumed by materialism, cosmopolitanism, Oriental or Western philosophy. Still true to land and tradition and never leaving.

>and never leaving.

So you've basically invented a new definition for nordicness that excludes the countries that actually are nordic

It is a downtrend, but nothing groundbreaking. Many people live in Finland just over the sea and I can't blame them. We always had people who came and left, but there are a lot of stubborn people here who would never change their ways.

might as well just call yourself estonian instead of nordic if you're gonna make up some arbitrary definition of being a nordic country

It's not a new definition, only an assessment of the situation today. A lot of Nordics don't want to be Nordic and live the life. They want to live in Spain or America etc.

Our new generation might turn out to be this way as well in all fairness. It isn't hard to live in the North. House is warm and food is plenty, but it's even easier to live somewhere warmer.

>It's not a new definition
Yes it is, this is the first time I've seen it and it is most definitely invented by you

>A lot of Nordics don't want to be Nordic
Yes they do, Sup Forums memes are not a good source of information. Traditional ''norwegian'' activites are as popular as ever

>They want to live in Spain or America
I've literally heard no one over the age of 12 say something like that

By saying that I'm not taking away your obviously very Nordic history, just assessing the current onslaught of American culture. People often confuse freedom to experience and travel with a need to obfuscate your roots and maybe even move somewhere else. Imo, one should be able to experience and do whatever they must, but also stay true to themselves.

It's great that Norwegians still want to be Norwegian however. I am sure we will manage somehow too, as we have for 1000 years. I am amazed by the attachment of some people to this country and its traditions. In the long run they have proven to be right.

>Bergen
>Least in common with Norway

How do you expect to have anything in common with them when not even we have it!?!

What do they do that's weird? I have visited, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, just people hiking up to Floyen on a workday. Weather was about the same as here.

Why are you so obsessed being nordick?

>just people hiking up to Floyen on a workday.

I doubt they do. That's like saying parisians visit the eiffel tower or new yorkers visit the statue of liberty

Estonians are pretty much trying to develop themselves an identity as their original one was destroyed by Sovietization.

It wasn't destroyed. The people who survived carried on the culture, it just died for the rest of the world.

Still, why try so hard separate themselves from balts?