Why are all fantasy movies bad except Conan the Barbarian, Excalibur, and the Lord of the Rings movies?

Why are all fantasy movies bad except Conan the Barbarian, Excalibur, and the Lord of the Rings movies?

Because you are watching the wrong Fantasy movies.

The Princess Bride is pretty great, and yes I do frequent the site reddit.com.

>and the Lord of the Rings movies?

That moment when you lose credibility and everything you say gets flushed down the toilet

This is the Sup Forums equivalent. Anyone who says otherwise is a fucking newfag.

Bitch, please.

Wait, I thought Sup Forums hated Scientologists?

Christopher is that you?

Ladyhawke
Flesh & Blood
13th Warrior
Legend
Dark Crystal
Willow

I like both Princess Bride and Stardust, what am I?

Though if we were talking straight up dickability I would stick my dick in the star all day everyday.

Chris T was fucking right, and also fuck you, the whole universe was written to entertain him, he's the ultimate arbiter

>all are bad
>names 10 which aren't

Patrician.

mfw we could have had a 1980s Boorman LoTR

Labyrinth
Barbarella

I will always love Dragonheart.

Dragonslayer is classic fantasy, and even has one of the best Dragons ever.

Man I want to watch Excalibur but I don't want to watch it sober, I'll wait until tomorrow.

Would you care to join me to watch the Adventures of Baron Munchausen too?

>I haven't watched a lot of fantasy movies
I should really read a full list before clicking to reply. Was about to ask "What, no Willow?"

>LOTR

yeah, no

It also has some of the most butthole-clenching last 20 minutes of any movie ever. Editing doesn't get better than that.

>being this much of an edgy contrarian

>no Willow

How about you go fucking kill yourself.

Dragonslayer is p. good along with those you've listed

Flesh and blood is shit.

>the guy whom it was written for calls it an edgefest for kiddies and a perversion of the material
>if you don't like it you're an edgy contrarian
Fuck off. I'm serious. Fuck the fuck straight off.

Why did they have to use real dwarfs?

Because they depend solely on the setting and forget to make a good movie along with it.

Does Wizards count?

> fantasy = medieval

Maybe that's where your problem lies.

because most other fantasy movies use the setting only to shove a revenge or/and romance story in your face.

the movies you said have the setting as main focus.

Is that Eugene from Walking Dead on the left middle?

Holy fucking shit how on earth could u forget merlin with Sam Neil. What kind of complete idiot are you?!

Conan and the Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movies aren't that good. What sets Boorman apart is that he's the same kind of artist Tolkien is. If you don't understand and revere the classics how can you hope to channel them?

Fellowship of the Ring >= Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings Part 1 > The Two Towers >= Return of the King

>digits
Ralph Bakshi is very good at this stuff for somebody who had a dirty New York upbringing.

Well, after Fellowship is debatable for Lotr

And how dare you exclude Willow, you fucking faggot

>Ladyhawke

fuck no

And Flesh & Blood isn't fantasy. 13th warrior is historical fiction.

Ricky Gervais

The sex scene at the start of Excalibur was literally the first thing I ever jacked off over. Fucking glorious

Not a movie, it's a miniseries

muh kinobros

Excalibur fucking rules so hard.

I quite liked Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King

lol no. bakshi is a hack and his movies are utter trash.

>Associating the Princess Bride with r*ddit

Kys

I'll agree with the 13th warrior that shit was great