Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g0WDfNKX0Os
twitter.com/AnonBabble

damn that's cool

based

Play of the Game/

Hobbit mock thread?

These threads are always so comfy. Gonna bump for some /hatecore/

And I thought him jumping off the falling stones was bad enough. Jesus fuck.

>The "just touch them with the knife and they die trick"

I love that one!

Was this in the final version?
It must've been suppressed from my memory

Casual reminder that the Hobbit movies are an imaginative retelling of Bilbo's journey from Bilbo's warped perspective, but also told as a childlike story for Frodo.

The videogame like bending of physics or cartoonsih conventions like singing goblins or Alfred - these are just colourful additions to the story an old man is writing for his young nephew.

K I N O
I
N
O

What did Lucas mean by this?

Is Peter Jackson basically a younger Lucas?

Both seem to go off the rails whenever CGI is involved and they're given near complete creative control

lel peter fucking hackson

pic also related

Stop saying kino and other homosex words, faggot.

back to r*ddit

(You)

i really hated how they made legolas into a superhero who can take on like 50 orcs without messing up his hair

>who can take on like 50 orcs

That still only counts as one!

Mary and Joseph

Wtf are all those scenes with conehead man? I have zero desire to wade through Attack of the Clones deleted scenes.

>That's mah wee lad, Gimleh

this is more entertaining than the actual completed cut

Why does the green man's holes look so sloppy?

For the same reason everything in this production looked so sloppy

i want to believe

With all the threads I've seen making fun of The Hobbit how the fuck have I never seen this before?

look at that smug fucking cunt on the left

Peter Jackson was always a hack.

Was there two sets of stairs, or is that just bad editing?

> Jackson actually allowed this to be in his film

Did he end up like Lucas or did the studio executives force him?

but that was actually exciting because the physics made sense and the CGI didn't look like a video game

>Basketman is the key to all this

That Legolas guy is pretty badass.

I thought him winking and giving a thumbs up to the camera after this line was a bit much.

>the physics made sense

No.

WHAT THE FUCK???
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Did he end up like Lucas or did the studio executives force him?

Both.

Yikes...

>all that excessive technology for stunts
>modern kinographers just make CGI stunt doubles

It's kino, then

Imageine spending your entire life building up a career in acting, doing something you love and being asked to act in The Hobbit. Beloved book and prequel to a beloved franchise. You get to set and it turns out you just sit in a room covered in green cloth acting to a picture of Martin Freemans face on a stick.

oh wow his life must really suck boohoo he gets millions for talking to imaginary people in a green room

Wow movies are a joke.

holy shit when the cgi aliens come in at 0:15
topkek

>I may have gone too far in a few places.

I don't get him at all.

If you don't care about the book why make the (llittle) effort of producing these flicks? Why not say: no, I rather not sully my name with this shit. ?

tHERES LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS BESIDES FAUX ELITISTS THINKING THEY CAN JDUGE SOMETHING THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT

Imagine being an actor who's filming schedule didnt line up with your costars so instead of delaying the film through the magic of modern movie making you were able to finish your scenes anyways

Tragic huh

Despite how laughable that looks, the end result was pretty good. Geonosis was like the only good thing about that movie.

The acting was good.
The important scenes were mostly good.
The soundtrack was okay.

That's all you need for a decent edit. If you want to see a proper 4,5h Hobbit movie watch the Maple Films Edit, I'd say it's a solid 8/10.

Witcher movie by Hollywood when

raid on the droid control ship
daily motion

At last...I truly see.

I genuinely appreciate the amount of work they put into this despite the green screen, it still looks silly though.

>I should have let Ratner do this shit from the beginning, this shit is unsalvageable...

Source on this PS3 game?

Why didn't legolas just fly the ring to mount doom?

>the fucking Hobbit is the last movie Christopher Lee psychically appeared in

For fuck's sake he deserved better

>mfw it's so shit I haven't watched it beyond the first part
>mfw i'm almost addicted to garbage movies the like of resident evil and such AND i'm a fan of Tolkien's work.

Fuck off.

why do they bother wearing armor

why doesnt one of the orcs just hold the spear towards legolas?

Nah, there's 6 movies of bullshit. Why limit yourself to just 3?
youtube.com/watch?v=g0WDfNKX0Os

whats the stratetig idea behind this attack move? why kill your own soldiers like that?

Holy fucking shit are you kidding me who the fuck greenlighted this?

>Kill your own soldiers
Team Damage was off, and they could just no clip through each other no problem.

from what legolas does we can assume that elves can solo entire armies, they probably suffered zero casualties

kek, wtf
>just jump between the charging army and the wall of spears and shields.
why even have an shield wall if you are not gona use it.

Hahahahahaha ok

I just can't wrap my head around how a team of people sat around and thought "yes this is good"

Forget the whole they didn't have enough time to prepare, that's bollocks and a cop out

>Forget the whole they didn't have enough time to prepare, that's bollocks and a cop out

if you're honestly getting upset over this enough to stamp your feet like child crying "DEY URT MY ICKLE FEELINS :( " you have mental problems

>if you're honestly getting upset over this enough to stamp your feet like child crying "DEY URT MY ICKLE FEELINS :( " you have mental problems

What on Earth are you talking about

Holy shit, that's hilarious. Are they saving the enemy from getting impaled, or are spears just prohibitively expensive to get cleaned ? I've never watched any of the Lord of the Ring movies, and I do not regret it, shit looks stupid.

It's how elves deal with overpopulation. They can't openly euthanize their people so they just send them to their deaths whenever an opportunity presents itself. They are then declared heroes and everyone is happy.

Are the movies watchable with all the legolas scenes cut out?

Who would win in a fight: Legolas or Spinzaku?

>Applying real world physics to a fanatasy world with magical beings

Stop being retarded my man

In all honesty, while I hate them with a burning passion for giving massive amounts of people a free pass to never give a shit about what Tolkien was about because "I watched the movies! I know what the books were about!", while doing nothing to convey the actual points or meaning of the books;

Yeah. Even with the Legolas scenes, the original 3 movies of Lord of the Rings are pretty good. A lot of very talented people worked on them behind the scenes, from cinematography, through costume/set design and everything. There is a lot to love in them.

If you meant the Hobbit Trilogy though:
Hell no.

One day, some crazy bastard will make a 1 hour 30-40 minute fan edit of all 3 movies combined, and that will probably be decent.
Until then, stick to the actually good adaptation of the Hobbit: The Rankin and Bass one.
It's for 10 year olds, but so was that book.

go back to where ever you came from

> imagine being christopher tolkien
> father told you these stories as a kid
> brought both of you closer together
> entrusts his work to you after his death
> father trusted you above all his other family and friends
> argue his legitimacy and maintain his legacy for decades
> see pic related

someone post the twirlie whirlies

>i'm getting paid for this

that scene was looking at a picture of a graphic designer throwing up his work onto a childrens book. that movie and that scene were all trash, and you have absolutely zero taste and zero understanding of what makes a shot good or bad. youll find more people to circlejerk this shitty movie over at

The issue isn't that it's impossible or that physics don't make mathematical sense, it's that there's no sense of momentum here.

the fact that the faces are so mellow as if they're aware that it's sad makes it so much better

of the things that didn't happen...

>The studio took so much from him, all he wanted was Basketman, and they wouldn't even let him have that.

>when people who don't know LOTR and think that the mess that is the hobbit is roughly what LOTR is
It's so hard to explain that despite it being the same director, and actors and everything, just how much worse these movies are. It has to be seen to be believed.

>people who don't know LOTR and think that the mess that is the hobbit is roughly what LOTR is
with what kind of people do you spend time with?

I only watched the Fellowship from the OT and I don't really recall there being so much Legolas faggotry. Did Hackson get hit in the head after that movie?