Just finished this what did I think of it?

Just finished this what did I think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mJtqYyhxhJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fucking amazing

2016 was the year of OJ

Hes up for parole this year. Could any man JUST himself this bad?

ROSSKINO

You thought it was creepy and weird and stupid and offensive how they made OJ a soft spoken manlet.

This. I like Cuba Gooding Jr but virtually any other black actor would have been a better pick for OJ. Just listen to how deep and suave his voice was, and keep in mind that he was a BIG GUY unlike Cuba.
youtu.be/mJtqYyhxhJA

should have been a bad made for tv movie on some non channel.

TVkino at its finest, one of the best from last year

Fucking good
Went from hilarious to infuriating real quick. Im glad they didnt pull punches at racebaiting

/ourguy/

OJ wasn't that big of a dude. He played at 6'1 and about 212. So he's not freakishly large.

But yeah in Hollywood I guess that would be kind of a giant. Cuba was the only thing I didn't like. He had the mannerisms down but he just didn't look or sound like OJ. Every other person and thing about this was perfect kino. I loved it.

litterally, objectively did nothing wrong

Except perjury and giving the defense the narrative the lapd framed him because he was black that the jurors took bait and hook

Really good.

Last year was really good for tv.

Cuba did do a good job as a guy who knows he was guilty but lied to himself and let other lie for him. You can really tell he was into the character when they discovered something that seemingly let him off the hook a little bit.

Whether or not the real OJ was like that is another matter.

Menendez Bros when?

80s/90s high profile court case shared universe when?

Anyone else find themselves strangely attracted to Sarah Paulson in this? She had a weird lisp thing in a few of her scenes too, and I usually hate that shit.

It could be a whole series "American Crime Story" + a subtitle. That's what I thought they were doing with it.

I loved it. Honestly, just one of the most enjoyable shows in recent memory.

>season 2 will be a Hurrican Katrina season

They have at least 3 seasons of material. OJ, Menendez Bros, JonBenet Ramsay. I can't think of too many more big cases from back then.

So?

ehh, mite b cool.

I want to see the Bill Clinton one.

I just remembered. They could do those satanist trials from the 80s when everyone thought those kids killed someone because they were goths. Oh and then Columbine, but it's not really a courtroom drama. Maybe Timothy McVeigh too.

Michael Jackson?

Man I can't believe I missed that one.

It's getting obvious that they're aiming for a race angle for every new season

Then why is season 3 about Versace?

>Susan Smith reports that her two boys got kidnapped by a black man
>police spend weeks searching for the suspect and missing boys
>the phantom drawing of the black guy oddly looks like her own husband
>police dig more into her story and find inconsistencies
>the investigation target the her instead
>becomes a cat and mouse game between the cops and Susan Smith
>finally she confesses that she left her sons in their car seats as they rolled into a lake
>she killed her own children to be with another man

The story of Susan Smith can become a great season of American Crime story

>race angle

t. someone born in 2002 who doesn't remember the rodney king thing and the riots. it's not an angle so much as what was happening back then.

Why wouldn't they? There is/was an undeniable aspect of race involved in the events of Katrina. However unfounded it was there.

>decide against hollywood drama and watch the documentary series, OJ: Made in America
>put it on
>Part 1 is 3 hours
>first hour is about american football
fucking hell dropped

>first hour is about american football

It's important you understand his athletic achievements before you go into the murders.

It was fucking great. Best tv of 2016. Watch OJ Made In America if you haven't. Best documentary of 2016.

I would watch the hell out of a youtube supercut of him saying JUICE!

My only complaint about the show. Cuba was terrible - miscast and just bad. Which is weird, because literally everyone else in the cast is perfect. Cochran, Marcia Clark, and Darden were the best.

I always find Sarah Paulson attractive, and she always has that cute little lisp. The Marcia Clark hair didn't do her any favors, but she's cute. She's also a really good actress in everything I've seen her in - 12 Years a Slave, Martha Marcy May Marlene, Game Change, Carol, Blue Jay, Mud...

Funny you should say that because that's going to be season 4. The book they're using was written by the same guy who wrote the OJ book.

Eh, Katrina wouldn't be as interesting as OJ, in my opinion. It's called American Crime Story. Watergate would be a better political season.

Did Darden literally do everything wrong?

I understand that but it wasn't particularly interesting. Just my opinion about it

The prosecution did everything wrong.

I thought Cuba did a good job playing the part. He obviously doesn't sound like him, but I got over it.

S1 OJ
S2 Michael Jackson
S3 Susan Smith
S4 John Beneit Ramsey
S5 Rodney King
S6 Bill Clinton
S7 Columnbine
S8 Unibomber & Mcveigh
S9 Scott Peterson
S10 Enron
S11 Jon Gotti
S12 Jack Kevorkian
S13 Lorena Bobbit
Final Donald Trump

>he just didn't look or sound like OJ.
It was really jarring considering they spent a lot of time to make sure every other actor looked similar to their real life counterpart

I watched two episodes of this and hated it. The camerawork is terrible, those fucking zooms and the way the camera rapidly pans over characters talking over and over to make scenes seem more important and serious than they are it's like Ryan Murphy is furiously masturbating and screaming YES HOLY SHIT I'M DOING SUPER SERIOUS QUALITY TELEVISION YES OH MY GOD SO MUCH EMMYS.

And showing the Kardashian kids was awful, I cringed. It's obviously a wink towards the AHS crowd. SEE THE KARDASHIAN GUY IS ACTUALLY THE DAD OF THE KARDASHIANS! YES, OUR KARDASHIANS!!!

Darden was right about how the race angle was going to play from the outset, but Marcia was too cocky to listen to him. Then he ended up fucking everything up.

I think some of us just thought of OJ as a slightly random football player who killed someone, the part about football shows not only how he was huge at college level and still holds some records in the NFL but also how he didn't want to get involved in the activism other black athletes were promoting....something that contradicted the way he acted after the trail. It's probably the least interesting part about the whole thing but it's a great way to show OJ's fall from grace.

I know you're here Taufiq you faggot.

You have some mental issues you should work out, my dude.

Considering the whole thing was produced by ESPN, they probably felt obligated to focus some on football.

They need to do a season about these two hotheads

>tfw I live in Virginia

That was some crazy shit around here.

Is this guy in the right? I don't want to waste my time watching trash

I'll continue then, thanks user

I thought it was nice that they had separate but personal motivations for being on the case. Marcia, at first, saw it from a wife's/mother's point of view. OJ had been abusive to his wife which pissed her off. Then he killed Nicole which made it this thing like Marcia wanted to defend all wives against shitty husbands. During a time when she was having issues with her own husband.

Then Chris wanted to stay out of it and hated both the racist attitudes and the patronizing he got from his more progressive friends and coworkers. He wanted the truth no matter which side it made look bad. So then he wanted to be on it because he thought he could get around the race issue with facts and evidence.

Other than Kardashian and Cochran, they didn't really give a strong motivation to Bob or Nation Lane's character.

It's campy but good. Even though you know the ending you want to keep watching. If you're not 100% studied on the case you'll find things you didn't know (though some things are made up). If bending realism or what actually happened slightly in the interest of drama bothers you, you won't like it. It's not a documentary. Just a really decent crime drama. Like a better written Law and Order.

thanks user, gonna give it a shot, campy sounds a bit odd for something like this though

>Other than Kardashian and Cochran, they didn't really give a strong motivation to Bob or Nation Lane's character.
Nathan Lane had the fact that he was washed up and trying to recapture the glory of the 70's and Travolta was just a narcissist

That guy is way wrong. The first 2 are the weakest episodes (Bronco chase is boring), but it gets so much better. All the best stuff pertains to the lawyers. And a lot of the craziest shit in there actually happened as it was portrayed on the show. Watch it.

Like with the FX show, the documentary gets better as it goes on. The football/historical context is relevant to understanding the trial. The last part wasn't that good though, imo.

>narcissist

You spelled "being the greatest lawyer on earth" wrong

Robert Shapiro is not the greatest lawyer on earth. He wasn't even much of a litigator, as Cochran pointed out on the show. Bitch wanted OJ to plead guilty.

Watch actual kino from that year like The Young Pope. Hell even The OA (which was surprisingly good) is better television than anything Ryan Murphy vomits.

They have cheese law and order trope moments sprinkled throughout. The cold open of the first episode is one. The synth music, the acting, the dialogue is like something from "Dramatic Reinactment" from Unsolved Mysteries. I'm not disparaging the show, these things actually work for it and I like it.

>cheese law

I'm an attorney who specializes in cheese law. Let me know if you need my services.