"Academy Award" for Best Animated Feature is a fucking joke

> Having only children movies ever nominated in this category
> Literally having the award handed over on a silver plate only to either Disney or Pixar every fucking year

They also have red turtle, but this is most boring shit I've seen in decades.

You typed way too many words in the title

It should be '"Academy Awards" are a fucking joke'

Cartoons are for children user, just let it go.

Disney deserved it this year, kubo was shit

t Assmad Kubofag

Zootropolis was kino though

You don't actually watch cartoons past 18 right?

Yup, they don't even watch the movies.

What's your point? You know what it means and so do they. All the awards are shit in different proportions.

The two best animated films this year were made by Disney. What are you bitching about?

>tfw Prologue lost to some stupid spic movie about bears or some shit

Disney has the lobbying power to get an award.

kind of a bummer that some of them don't get to share the best picture category. (unless I'm mistaken about that). Some of these are definitely top 3-5 best movie of the year some years

>an entire medium limited to kids films
It's so sad. This still falls into sort of the same adolescent category but if stuff like The animatrix was a standard thing every year I'd watch it all.

>let it go

>implying cartoons were ever just for children.
>implying animated films on the golden age weren't art.

Walt "hang all fucking nigggers" Disney didn't invented animated films for this shit.

>animated
>only children movies
Seems about right.

t. retard

Zootopia was probably the most interesting Disney movie since Lion King.

Has anime ever won an Oscar?

Why shouldn't it go to Disney? They created the category after all

Wasn't there one time a non-kid's animated film was nominated and they got pissy and took further steps to prevent non-kiddy movies from showing up?

I thought I read about something like that. Maybe Waltz with Bashir?

spirited away I know won an oscar. Something like Secret of Kells and Princess Mononoke wanders into the more "adult" territory that I'd love to see more of though.

Psss guys how don't you see that OP is a weeaboo and wants anime to get oscars. He probably thinks that anime is art and not shallow edgy cartoons for children.