MARVEL BTFO

polygon.com/tv/2017/3/8/14712744/iron-fist-review

>But I’m not surprised that Iron Fist isn’t a comedy. I’m surprised that it’s so bad.

>And it is laughably bad.

uproxx.com/sepinwall/iron-fist-review-netflix-marvel/

>The sad truth, however, is that Iron Fist is the weakest of Marvel’s Netflix series to date. As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways. But, over the course of its first six episodes, it also manages to fall short on basic levels like storytelling. Its creative laziness bankrupts the entire show. Marvel’s new series is a disappointing case study in studios needing to try harder to tell difficult stories well.

theverge.com/2017/3/8/14848336/iron-fist-review-netflix-show-marvel

The problem is that Iron Fist is virtually all talk — most of it painfully dull — and the fighting is both brief and unconvincing. It’s easily the worst of the Netflix Marvel shows — where the others tend to start off well and then run into massive pacing problems around episode 8 or 9, Iron Fist begins as if it’s already at that sag point — and an unfortunate illustration of the perils of miscasting.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/review/marvels-iron-fist-review-984200
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More like Iron Flop lol

>As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways.

I'm sure the show is awful but this review is gay and stupid

>THEY DIDN'T CAST AN ASIAN
>FUCKING RACISTS
>LUKE CAGE IS MY GIRLFRIEND'S FAVORITE SHOW!

Going to watch it just to spite them.

what a goddamn shame

was actually looking forward to this when i first heard they were gonna do an IF spin off

hope punisher doesn't turn out like this

>it also manages to fall short on basic levels like storytelling. Its creative laziness bankrupts the entire show. Marvel’s new series is a disappointing case study in studios needing to try harder to tell difficult stories well.

read more

>As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways

kek

I love this new world we live in. I hope it continues getting worse until every nu-male beta faggot feels the weight of the monster they created

>polygon
>theverge

Iron Fist is a shit character to begin with

I bet The Punisher show will get glowing reviews

Shouldn't have wasted Scott Adkins in Dr. Strange

yea but the "diversity and appropriation" part calls into question his critiquing abilities and general intelligence, why should anyone trust that reviewer after spewing some shit about diversity and appropriation?

hollywoodreporter.com/review/marvels-iron-fist-review-984200

>Iron Fist arrives in a deep hole amid concerns about its curly-haired, blonde protagonist appropriating Asian culture, but the bigger problem ends up being that he's barely even appropriating. There's no specificity to Danny's experience other than the most generic of identity crises -- like the world needed another billionaire vigilante — and Jones is far too placid a leading man to give any sense of Danny's internal torment. He's not placid in a Zen way, just tepid like room temperature. Rather than being a man who found enlightenment through tragedy and disassociation from his upbringing, Danny comes across like a spoiled frat boy who took a Comparative Religion class and spends a few months picking up coeds by telling them he's totally into meditation and tai chi now.

>caring what fucking polygon or fucking verge think

Just because you have a gay fucking company war attitude doesn't mean they're right. Fuck you. I don't watch this crap, but trusting what they say is stupid.

>polygon
Aaaand stopped reading.

They never should've cast a guy who looks as boring and unremarkable as Sam Worthington or Jai Courtney.

This is how Fist is supposed to look. Lively and cool instead of some hipster douchebag with John C. Reilly Neanderthal brows.

>REEEEEEEEEE DIVERSITY REEEEEEEEEEE
>citing polygon

i'm sure this will suck
but the reviewer probably like luke cage for the diversity despite it sucking too

Apply yourself.

>Daredevil season 2 was shit
>Jessica Jones was straight up visual cancer
>Luke Cage was shit

Shocker

They should have done Iron Fist & Luke Cage in a single season, intercutting the stories. Would have made both a LOT more interesting.

Who needs or wants a whole season with either of them solo?

Sounds like the marvel equivalent of Supergirl; all talking, punches once, run credits.

no u

Well shit i was actually looking forward to this one. IF and punisher are the only heros i actually give a shit about in the tvverse. Im sure they are just whining but i dont have high hopes for it.

That grandma is melting.

>As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways.

seems like a legit review

This

In fact I would likely think this serie is actually good after their review, seeing how they lauded all other Marvel series which all suck.
The true Marvel Kino is legion though

Why? The person already disqualified itself from having an opinion worth hearing about.

Fuck it. Go nuclear. Post Squirrel Girl.

Daily reminder that Jones had a twitter meltdown over his role as mighty whitey

are these the same people who loved snooze cage ?

Maybe it is bad. After all it's like a chore they have to do before the Defenders series. Like Luke Cage.

Yeah, even though it is shit people will still watch it because its connected to a universe that has better characters...the same way people still watch Arrow

This is by far the gayest run of iron fist in a line of shit comics for a gay character. Im sure youll enjoy the show faggot.

So far all im seeing is
>IT HAS A RACE ISSUE
>THIS IS PROBLEMATIC
im not seeing anything on bad writing, plot, characters, acting, anything that would ACTUALLY matter. All im seeing is simply them bitching that its a white guy.

>That strawmen
Nobody complains when Asians make westerns with only Asians in them, fuck, I don't remember a complaint on a Korean character in Magnificent 7

Arrow is good this season.

Basically why I can't take GitS scarjew defenders seriously.

Guys, I hear they're going to cancel martial arts in the olympics, it's full of white people and that's wrong and racist.

>MUH WHITEBOY VICTIM COMPLEX
Stop

>white people suck so I'm making the comic black and white to reinforce how bland they are

Is it too much to ask for some effort put forth in this kind of propaganda?

I'm no Sup Forumstard but even I agree with this.

Oddly enough, people who constantly obsess over things like diversity and representation are themselves quite racist because they put race before anything else

Since it was a remake of a ripoff of Seven Samurai, why would anyone complain?

So white people aren't allowed to know martial arts?

Let me guess, this people don't read and watch manga and anime...

Who are you quoting?

Where is he victimizing white people, tumblr? Where?

That's where the entire review became invalidated.

So like white nationalists.

Well it's already happening I don't know where these fuckwitts lives but just look at any classical music competition and you'll see that chinks win them all. Either them or Korean.

I don't see anybody crying for appropriation we give them prize

The only point i can get out if this comic is that the entire argument is retarded.

You see OP, those are the same guys that praise Luke Cage and Jessica Jones despite both being guilty of the same problems this series has.
It's not company wars, this is a problem among critics.

im serious. thats all its fucking talking about in the reviews.
This isnt me trying to shitpost into a Sup Forums conversation, its LEGIT their main complaints

>This is a show where a white male character explains how to punch to an Asian-American, female head of her own dojo, in her own dojo — wait, let me be painfully specific. A white male character explains his martial art — which was made up by white men in the 1970s as a nonspecifically Asian but definitionally more powerful technique than those invented by actual Asian cultures — to an Asian-American, female expert in actual martial arts developed by actual Asian cultures.

>And let me be clear: Iron Fist’s problems with its portrayal of Asian cultures and Asian-Americans are embedded throughout every episode.

>When Jones was first announced as the titular character last March, fans made their displeasure over the fact that Danny Rand would be played by a white actor known. In the comics, Danny Rand is white, but before Marvel and Netflix made the casting announcement, many were hopeful the role would be given to an Asian actor. Fans argued that Rand’s story of isolation and being an outsider is a frustration many Asian-American people deal with.

Meanwhile in Asian cinema

Because the writer of that webcomic seems to think that if the reverse of Iron Fist happened (Asian guy behaving like a Western guy adopting its traditions etc) white people would complain, well, the reverse happened and I don't remember anyone really caring.

Yes, liberals are ironically just as racist as white supremacists, only in a different way

>ONLY ASIANS CAN APPRECIATE ASIAN CULTURE
>NOBODY ELSE IS ALLOWED IN
>this is known as "diversity"

>Jessica Jones was straight up visual cancer
It's by far the best of them though

OH LOOK; IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

The author's intent. Thanks for playing.

I liked that movie

>As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways. But, over the course of its first six episodes, it also manages to fall short on basic levels like storytellin

Remember folks; Diversity casting is most important when deciding if a show is good or not. Stupid shit like storytelling and coherence comes second.

>all these Fantasy anime, manga and games based on the western middle ages....

How many white actors did the attack on titan movie have?

>im not seeing anything on bad writing, plot, characters, acting, anything that would ACTUALLY matter.

I did. It's all there in the reviews proper. If anything, OP tried to cherrypick the few sentences that brought up diversity. The vast majority is about how bland and poorly executed the series is (to the surprise of no one).

Or is Iron Fist really the hill you're choosing to die on?

JJ is absolute shit. I don't see how anyone could enjoy it, even on some ironic level

Why are you only focusing on race?

Oddly enough, people who constantly obsess over things like white representation in anime adaptations are themselves quite racist because they put race before anything else

Don't waste your time arguing agains't tumblr leaklet invading Sup Forums

Daily reminder to always ignore any post that use argument like
> Sup Forums poster
> white boi
They are from reddit and do not judge film with the same qualities as we do

I disagree
DD1>JJ>DD2>LC

Then you're obviously very autistic user. Or are 6 years old.

>Stupid shit like storytelling and coherence comes second.

Are you retarded? Those actually come first you fucking idiot.

I actually posted one sentence abou t"diversity" but since this is Sup Forums lite it will be the only one Sup Forumstards will focus on and will ignore everything else about the (lack of) bad action and pacing issues and well as the weak villains and boring side characters

Not since 7 years ago, user.

>marvel shill trying to defend another shit marvel series

Nice try reddit.

Don't use my material you weak minded fucktard.

The truth remains, people who say things like "diversity" and "representation" are virtue signaling racists. Their behavior is no different from the folks that made black exploitation movies in the 70's.

These are the same kind of people who want to have a black person as a friend so they can show everyone how progressive they are. At the end of the day their behavior is disgusting racist exploitation.

Talent should come before all else andsntine who says otherwise is wrong

>7 years ago
>2010

Nothing special happened that year. I should know, I was there.

Hasn't it benn proven multiple times that the only people who care about "whitewashing" are white people?
The Japanese give zero shits about Spaghetti Johansson starring in GitS, the Chinese invite Matt Damon to star in their blockbuster.
It doesn't look very social-justice-ey to
>be white
>get offended for some minority
>go out on a crusade to save this minority from this "oppression"
>even though they never asked for this

I don't care about this review. Give me a take from someone who isn't looking to be offended, DCuck.

how DARE this fictional character have a martial art that is FICTIONALLY better than reality, SUPERNATURAL, EVEN, ONE MIGHT SAY. and how dare he showcase it in an awkward, quirky way.

AND HOW DARE THEY CAST A WHITE CHARACTER AS WHITE

Acceptable

>hating blaxploitation movies

Why? Is it because they have black people in them?

Why are you so focused on race you weak minded fucktard?

>Iron Shit is shit
Not surprised. Also the guy playing Danny is terrible and completely miscast.

Not an argument. JJ is a terrible show. Horrible, unsympathetic main character played by an actress devoid of talent. One episodes worth of material stretched out over an entire season. There's literally nothing good about it.

Jesus Christ, user.

are there any reviews mocking the protagonist for not working out?i hope there are

>JJ better than DDs1

'no'

>JJ not absolute trash

'no'

I thought black exploitation movies were made to just get money from black people by appealing to them - it wasn't about diversity.

>defending z-list capeshit

Where did your life go so horribly wrong user?

>>You cancerous asshole.

Can't even come up with your own material because you're unintelligent and weak minded

Black exploitation films used black people in a sleazy, shallow and exploitive way

That's exactly what virtue signaling "progressives" do now but they're too far up their own asses to realize that they are nothing but moronic racists

>As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways

WE

WUZ

NINJAS

AND

SHEITTTTTTTT

Yes my child?

>finally Marvel has a poorly reviewed show (not even a movie)
>DUDE MARVEL IS DEAD LMAO WE CALLED IT BROS

OY VEY

But all netflix marvel shows are shit, what did you expect?

>Black exploitation films used black people in a sleazy, shallow and exploitive way

Oh shit, someone call the gender neutrality police. Blacks are being depicted as... *gasp*... SLEAZY!

bashing stupid SJW ideology isn't "defending" what they are bashing

>implying attacking some idiocy is defending something else
cool quantum superpositions bro

This

Marvel probably forgot to groom the critics before they watched it.

Let's count the Marvel crap:

X-Men 3
Wolverine Origins
The Wolverine
Fantastic Four
X-Men First Class
X-Men Apocalypse
Iron Man 3
Daredevil Season 2
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones

And now Iron Fist

Hey! Boss Nigger was classy.

>ONLY ASIANS CAN APPRECIATE ASIAN CULTURE

Why would you appreciate asian """"""""""culture"""""""" faggot?