Are the beatles movies worth watching?

are the beatles movies worth watching?

Yellow Submarine and A Hard Day's Night are watchable.

Hard Days Night is legitimately good. Help is ok.

George best boy

Yellow Submarine is a pretty great animated movie

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

A Hard Days Night is a classic but hasn't really aged well. Help is dumb but fun. Yellow Submarine is kino.

Still funny

Yes. Hard Days Night and Yellow Submarine are great music films. Watching the others might matter on how much of a Beatle fan you are.

If you like boy bands catered to teenagers, then yes.

millennials just don't know the difference between rock n roll bands and boy bands. cute.

Yellow Submarine is a quintessential psychedelic film on par with The Wall (also see the Wall).

I've never seen any other Beatles film. I've seen that movie where the BeeGees do Sgt Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band.

CLEAN

They are considered to be the first boy band, numbnuts.

was magical mystery tour any good? I feel like it's the kind of movie that would get lots of retrospective praise and a cult following.

You sure it's not The Crickets? Scholar?

they really aren't.

00's revisionism. no thanks.

Ringo > George > John > Paul

It's bad but bad good depending on who you are. If you're a Beatles fan you'll enjoy it. If not, you'll hate it.

Why was Paul so good looking?

Embarrassing. You truly are fucking retarded

youuu dirrrrrrrrty oldd mannn

Hard Day's Night was a very cool movie when I saw it when I was a teenager. I haven't seen the rest.

Yellow Submarine is great.
A Hard Day's Night is alright.
Help! had better soundtrack than A Hard Day's Night and some wacky sets.

Yes, Magical Mystery Tour is a genuine kino.

>Yellow Submarine is great.
>A Hard Day's Night is alright.
>Help! had better soundtrack than A Hard Day's Night and some wacky sets.

Lads, I'm convinced "To Infinity and beyond" was based on "We'll be sucked into Oblivion. - Or even further." from Yellow Submarine.

Yellow Submarine are so great. It's like the 60s only with proper hygiene standards. A Hard Dong's Night shows the Beats at their absolute pinnacle of cool, if not best music. Help is more watchable overall.

The Beatles have never been surpassed in their appeal beyond just the music. The only standout is maybe James Taylor in Two-Lane Blacktop but that wasn't based on his musical persona.

The Beatles really were cool as fuck.

Assessment of Let it be? Should it see a re-release?