It's unclear if Jones' lack of physical authority is dampening Iron Fist's ability to be an action show or if Iron...

>It's unclear if Jones' lack of physical authority is dampening Iron Fist's ability to be an action show or if Iron Fist's lack of interest in being an action show has negated Jones' ability to display physical authority. For five episodes, Danny's fights are weakly staged and all-too-brief, without any effort to even pretend that the show's leading man is doing any of his own stunts. Danny's strength and his enhanced abilities are barely explained and inconsistently depicted, and an inordinate percentage of the early episodes is spent on Danny Rand, Generic Corporate Regulator, rather than Danny Rand, The Iron Fist. The sixth episode is the first time Danny participates in any sustained action, but even with renowned kung fu cinema aficionado RZA behind the camera, little in the choreography or presentation is memorable

F

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B66feInucFY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CvkiPS5Ks
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this show out?

How's reddit spinning this into being another marvelous success?

lel manlets btfo again

Not surprising. Not every "super-hero" deserves their own TV Show just so Marvel can make the team up movie.

DC had it right when they didn't give Cyborg, Aquaman, or Flash their own movie before Justice League.

>but even with renowned kung fu cinema aficionado RZA behind the camera
>RZA
and the interest in even watching it lessens

No but critics have seen the first half and the response is universally negative.
Pretending that it's only being attacked by critics because of the race shit when pretty much everything about the show from top to bottom is trash.

They shoulda hired Brubaker and Fraction to write it.

>tfw you could have been a better Iron Fist than Loras fucking Tyrell
>tall
>blonde
>trained martial artist
>actor

Feels bad man

Alan?

I want to raspberry his tummy and fuck his prostate out.

>The action scenes throughout the first six episodes are few and far between, and when they come, they’re filmed and edited in a manner where it becomes hard to tell what Danny is doing, or if he’s remotely the brilliant fighter he’s being sold as. The first few fights have all the actors, Jones in particular, moving so slowly and tentatively, it feels like they filmed the first rehearsal and moved on. I wanted to write that off as the show’s way of demonstrating that Danny is so good, he barely needs to make an effort against civilians — an approach that served Luke Cage well at times — but later fights aren’t any more impressive, even if Danny is moving slightly faster. (He’s not even involved in a long and elaborate combat sequence until late in the fourth episode.) Colleen’s fights look a bit better in comparison, but are also edited so aggressively that it’s all but impossible to tell.

>It would be easy to blame the choppiness of the action on the fact that so few modern filmmakers understand how to shoot and edit this stuff anymore. (One of the reasons John Wick struck a chord with the audience was that its directors knew that less is often more in the genre, and focused on making sure we could easily follow everything Keanu Reeves was doing.) But Iron Fist comes out of the Netflix/Marvel factory, where Daredevil features some of the most exciting — and most classically composed — fight scenes in all of television, as the camera just hangs back and lets us watch the Man Without Fear kick and flip his way through one army of bad guys after another(*). The skimpiness and infrequency of the Iron Fist fight scenes suggest a production doing whatever it can to keep you from noticing that the greatest warrior ever produced by the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven, who should be able to cut his way through men like in the comics page below, instead moves like a guy who can’t wait to get his green belt at the strip mall dojo.

just look at that fucking physique
worse than 2000's Hugh Jackman
pathetic

>so few modern filmmakers understand how to shoot and edit this stuff anymore
Somehow I doubt these cucks wagged their fingers at the MCU movies pitiful fights.

forgot pic

No moron, it's not like Iron Fist can't be an entertaining show,its that they fucked up in execution and simply made it boring. Keep up

Bane?

better than wonderwoman though

>It would be easy to blame the choppiness of the action on the fact that so few modern filmmakers understand how to shoot and edit this stuff anymore.

I disagree.

gee black panther, how come marvel lets you FOUR cuts on your takedowns

Doesn't even look like it hurts. It looks like an acrobatic but gentle way to get in the 69 position.

Yeah but keep in mind that Jackman came into the role at extremely short notice so had no time to prepare

Suspected it'd be weak from the trailers. All glowing super punch, no actual kung fu.

Fell into the trap of pretty boy facetime rather than what fans want, which is ass whooping on a grand scale. Netflix got away with it up to now but I guess they couldn't resist creating an Agents of Shield/sexy-people-running style show.

JUST

Pacing issues have been present in all of the Netflix shows, but DD and JJ were good enough to overlook them

>tfw John Wick guys was second unit directors on this shit

Why didn't they hire the people who made these?
youtu.be/B66feInucFY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CvkiPS5Ks

Yeah I know he's a martial arts fanboy and weeb but I don't think he has the directing chops for anything more than a music video.

>JJ
>good
did you marathon it plastered or what

I enjoyed it, and David Tennant was my favourite Marvel villain

What I don't get is how I can sometimes still follow this editing style. When you break it down to an individual action like this it is hardly coherent.

I wonder if I could sit and watch a Marvel fight scene and recount actions, or just who had the upper hand at specific points

Probably because they're working on season 3 and defenders.

No he's just not retard

He was shit though

Jackman did nothing wrong, but standards have gone up since then

>critics getting upset because there aren't enough non-whites in the show
>"oh no guys it's gonna be terrible"

lel this show is gonna be much better than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, calling it now

They probably did. This whole "one-take" thing clearly (CLEARLY) hurts the overall scene sense of action, believability, and tension.

It's unclear if Gal Gadots lack of physical authority is dampening Wonder Woman's ability to be an action movie or if Wonder Woman's lack of interest in being an action movie has negated Gal dadot's ability to display physical authority

how would //they// react?

That's a special kind of terrible

Why didn't they just make a Moon Knight series instead? It would have been so easy.

Your opinion is irrelevant to other opinions. Sorry

The way everyone would expect.

Opinion disregarded

But he was. Tennant's acting was fine, but the character was just bad. There's no way he could have believably got away with the things he did and not had someone just shoot him.

every marvel show is worse than the other and you can't prove me wrong.

The one take in Season 1 was good but in Season 2 it was so drawn out that it became comical. I remember watching it and thinking "...this is still going on?

Why'd they cast such a boring, unremarkable looking person as the lead?

See:

did you see it?

Because he was in Game of Thrones as a cape and they're after that sweet sweet tumblr money

>cape
That was meant to say faggot, I will kill myself for being a phoneposter now

cape can be slang for gays, you'd have to be one to enjoy the medium anyway

Kek at 2:16 how he flips over the guy with crazy momentum only to gently nudge him into the wall.

in the second video

Suddenly the term capeshit is a lot more meaningful

Critics have seen the first half

white boy cosplaying Bruce Lee ain't gonna cut it son

They should hire Jackie Chan for this shit for some schooling. What the fuck

DCucks this delusional?

If WB doesn't make those movies it'll be because of production delays, not because of some creative liberty. They've trying to get a flash film off the ground for like two years.

GAY

TWINK

KNIGHT

LMAO

that's what he's 'good' for

Of course it's shit. Scott Buck is in charge of it. He's the absolute faggot shithead hack who took over after Dexter Season 4.

Maybe he didn't want to do roids. But c'mon, if you're portraying a super hero in a major series or movie, do yourself a favor and get on fucking juice.

>With this boypussy, Ill exhaust all criminals and make our city safe!

iron fist looks like he invests in micro breweries and enjoys afternoon lattes

DUDE VEINS LMAO

Why not? He can control you with his voice, he uses this to live entirely off the grid, he's scary as fuck, and the people this happens to think they've gone insane

Sounds just what critics said about Luke Cage before airing and it turned out pretty enjoyable.

Chandler Riggs should've been Iron Fist.