Marvel cucks on suicide watch

polygon.com/tv/2017/3/8/14712744/iron-fist-review

>But I’m not surprised that Iron Fist isn’t a comedy. I’m surprised that it’s so bad.

>And it is laughably bad.

uproxx.com/sepinwall/iron-fist-review-netflix-marvel/

>The sad truth, however, is that Iron Fist is the weakest of Marvel’s Netflix series to date. As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways. But, over the course of its first six episodes, it also manages to fall short on basic levels like storytelling. Its creative laziness bankrupts the entire show. Marvel’s new series is a disappointing case study in studios needing to try harder to tell difficult stories well.

theverge.com/2017/3/8/14848336/iron-fist-review-netflix-show-marvel

>The problem is that Iron Fist is virtually all talk — most of it painfully dull — and the fighting is both brief and unconvincing. It’s easily the worst of the Netflix Marvel shows — where the others tend to start off well and then run into massive pacing problems around episode 8 or 9, Iron Fist begins as if it’s already at that sag point — and an unfortunate illustration of the perils of miscasting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gSgB0KYH8ew
youtube.com/watch?v=sEyMv-F9Y5c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This series may be garbage, but directly linking to these shitty websites to give them views should be a bannable offense.

This is disappointing. I love Iron Fist, but if this show really does end up being shit, then I'll accept it.

>As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways.
Part of me hopes it's just these SJW overreacting to the fact that a Chinaman isn't the Kung Fu man, but given that Luke Cage was poop it seems likely that this is poop too.

>pacing issues from episode one
>main actor can't fight
>corporate drama takes precedences over the martial arts aspect
>no likeable hero or interesting villian

The race issues of this show are the least of its concerns. Daredevil had many of the same race issues (every Asian character is an evil ninja or triad criminal) but the action elements are there to make up for it.

not really surprised the show turned out to be shit, the show runners all but admitted they thought the source material was silly and wanted to downplay the mystical and 70s kung fu elements.

>show is bad because lefty sjw wanna-be film critics think it's racist

you guys are getting baited hard

Also people here got generally hyped from the DD, JJ, and LC trailers. With every single Iron Fist trailer everybody has been screaming that it'll be shit. There's been 0 excitement.

That's a shame.

>As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways

KINO CONFIRMED

why's a show about a kung-fu super hero a white guy?

Why didn't hey waste there time making this dreck?
Just film the fucking Punisher series already.

Fake news. Absolutely disgusting.

Miss Me Yet?

It should have asked half a dozen questions that go completely unaddressed in the first episode and have a quirky dance number, then spend 12 episodes where you spend 40 minutes doing nothing then spend 5 minutes almost answering one of the questions from the first episode.

That's apparently cape kino.

This is what happens when you go against the SJWs.

>reee it lacks diversity
fuck off

well it is forced to go to the defenders

if they made iron fist asian this would be getting 10/10 everywhere

Wasn't the showrunner for this the same retard in charge of the second half of Dexter? Why was anyone expecting this not to be a massive failure on every basic point?

Because the character from the comics is white and has been since he was created in the 1970's.

Just like the gaming media coordinated to decalre the "DEATH OF THE GAMER", the same is happening here. I can say which site I write for, but there's an internal email making the rounds in which our higher ups want us to shit on Iron Fist because "he isn't Asian". It's stupid and true. If I don't post shit like this I'll lose my job and it's fucking sad.

Away from all of this, Iron Fist (so far at least!) is a proper 8/10 TV series. We're shitting on it for political plus points. don't believe them and don't let this narrative sway your opinion.

Because the character has always been white since his creation 40 years ago?

Why does he have to be Asian just because he uses martial-arts? Are you that fucking racist?

>As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go

And they expect us to take them seriously after this?

That was incredibly obvious, dude.
>polygon
>uproxx
>theverge
All clickbait peddling and it wouldn't surprise me if there was an insular circlejerk run by out of touch hippies/old jews that want to get rid of the white man.

it's a white cis male doing kung fu

I knew the day the casting was announced that the SJW's were gonna take a big shit all over it.

It's also an awful show in general. Too bad it's taken this long for cucks to be critical.

>disney: people are fucking idiots they'll see anything with a marvel logo on it. start production and let everyone know that RZA is directing an episode so the series can have some millennial hip cred going into it

>reviews come out

>Disney: N-NO

The cracks in this Netflix/Marvel deal started to show with DD season 2.

Luke Cage was shit the main actor can't even act.

And now this.

Jessica Jones and DD season 1 are the only good 2, really.

Why is Marvel so racist?

>character who looks alot like Daredevil with Green Arrow's backstory

race issues are the least of this show's problems

>The sad truth, however, is that Iron Fist is the weakest of Marvel’s Netflix series to date. As far as diversity, representation,
stopped reading

those pictures are equally lacking in diversity

REEEEEEEEEEE

well frank was actually the only good thing about season 2

after this though i'm less optimistic about his series

>3 sjw outlets forcing bad reviews because of SJW cultural appropriation claims
>KEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>literally are cuck sjws who whine all day about how much they hate white people, as white people

>appropriation
I'm out.

I'm not surprised. The quality has been in a steady decline. It was bound to happen.

Punisher is actually an easy concept compared to Iron Fist, even when you take away the race issues from the character you still have the problem of him not really doing anything that we haven't seen Daredevil do Even his "identity" crisis is laughable as he lives in a NY highrise and gets 100 million dollars in the first episode

The wire fighting in the promo was enough to make me not watch.

Wow Marvel I just i can't... i can't something, something current

I thought the trailer looked shit but I'll still watch an episode or two to see how it is.

if anything sjw's crying about diversity will make me give it more of a chance rather than turn off, same as Sup Forums going reeeee stronkwomen/niggers at jessica jones and luke cage.

But Jessica Jones was legitimately bad and Luke Cage lost steam after they killed Cottonmouth

nah jessica jones was fucking dog shit
and the sjws were fucking going ham trying to shill that turd

Tennant was the only worthwhile thing in JJ and losing Cottonmouth like that was a mistake, both shows could have done with being like 3 episodes shorter to tighten up the pacing.

>and the sjws were fucking going ham trying to shill that turd

REEEEEEEEE

>dc shitskins are happy with anti-white reviews
If you need anymore proof that capeshit needs to go back to Sup Forums with the rest of the numales then you need to leave too

youtube.com/watch?v=gSgB0KYH8ew
Anyone who had seen this trailer, for a show centered around martial arts, already knew it'd be absolute shit.

Well that was dumb.

Dr. Strange and Ghostrider both worked well.

Why are they being cunts?

It was fine, just went on too long.

DC films are constantly fucked by critics over SJW bullshit. Now is the other side's time.

You work for marvel, Kumdar. No I'm not watching a fuccboi pretend to be a badass no matter what his skin looks like.

>As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways.

I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR YOUR DAMN MEMES, SIR.

This, especially Polygon.

Besides, Netflix aren't like other MCU, they are /ourguys/.
#notallMCU

>still convince Batman vs Superman wasn't a convoluted mess of a movie

Alright, m8.

Netflix will be /myguys/ if they don't fuck up Frank's solo outing.

We know fuck all about the actual contents of the show so far but its clear that these sorts of buzzword spewing clickbait writers will be raging just as hard if not harder at The Punisher when it airs.

>The sad truth, however, is that Iron Fist is the weakest of Marvel’s Netflix series to date. As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways.

So it sounds like I'll love it.

let me get this straight dare devil, luke cage, jessica jones and this faggots powas are all the same? punching niggas? thats fucking boring.

Too deep for you, brah.

Basically yeah.

It was a bad idea from the start really.
The character is so dull even Sup Forums autists don't give a fuck about iron fist.

Hahahahahahahaha I knew it it would get panned all because the lead is a straight white male

Criticism is dead

mm no, it was pretty fucking bad man

HE GOT INTO A PUBLICIZED TWITTER FIGHT WITH SOME DISGRUNTLED SJW FOR SAYING HE WAS CAST BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL CHARACTER IS WHITE

WHICH IS A FACT, AND FACTS ENRAGE THEM

NOW THE SJW REVIEW CARTEL ARE OUT FOR BLOOD, ALL COINCIDENTALLY PUBLISHING THE SAME LIBKUCK TALKING POINTS AS THEY LIKE TO DO

I disagree.

If you successfully validate the time travel scene and the weird ass dream sequence, I'll concede.

GO!

Isn't he gay? Which makes this even sillier.

Also does Sup Forums really rely on fucking Polygon for news?

>DCucks are using SJW sites to insult Marvel
Of course

I just realized that the only reason Daredevil was spared of this bullshit is because Matt is technically disabled, thus a minority. Can't wait for the Punisher "reviews" about it being a tocix, white male revenge fantasy.

>Mouse cucks had no qualms promoting SJW Tomatoes reviewers
>until now..
you niggers made your bed with this. Now get fucked in it.

>0/10 white males and gun worshiping

Polygon is retard central, but thats a pretty sick burn.

Wait, are DC fanboys actually extending their silly company war shit even onto tv shows? Does that mean you also watch shit like Supergirl and Arrow and pretend it's better than Marvel's Netflix shows?

>marvelshills claiming SJW reviews don't matter after riding on them for their shit movies and ti smear DC for 4 years

You can't make this shit up, enjoy your "critical flop", Pajeet

The Punisher actor looks hispanic as fuck.

Opening with a double negative? Maybe in high school.

MARVEL BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!

youtube.com/watch?v=sEyMv-F9Y5c

Dcuck here. So Iron Fist got shat on by
>Uproxx
>Le Verge
>Polygon
So if my calculations are correct, Iron Fist confirmed for Man-kino?

It's because they're all shitskins and numales themselves. Go full based old Sup Forums and Sup Forums on their half assed versions and they will shrivel up like the coward reddit libcucks they are.

You are in a capeshit thread faggot, you better be in high school...otherwise...

>Abbed appears in one marvel movie
>Troy appears in one marvel movie
>Dean appears in one marvel movie
He's jealous

It honestly wouldn't shock me if this show was trash because everything they showed in the trailer was worse than the worst moments of DD season 2.

>this triggered cuck ever implying that Marvel isn't the golden shitskin/numale franchise

HAHAHHAHA

The only thing that worries me is the lack of good fighting. It's called Iron Fist, if the guy can't fight then whats the fucking point even?

He's a Jewish manlet.

Literally everything about the NetflixMCU has been boring and mediocre, with the exception of DD s1 and the Punisher parts of DD.
I love how you people act like this is something that came out of the 'left' field, people are getting tired of this fucking bullshit, and guess what? it going to start happening with their movies too, its literally the same shit over and over and over again.

I'm not expecting anything close to Daredevil quality, but it sure looks way better and more interesting than JJ or Luke Cage.

/thread

not really. This seems to be a kneejerk reaction towards the fact that the MC is a white male. I assure you if Iron Fist had an asian MC all those scathing reviews would be positive.

The film has broad problems on a technical/writing level but Sup Forums just wants to stage political war, Christ talk about what the critics are saying about the show's faulty storytelling.

Origin stories are the absolute Bane of the genre. It's why I think X-men still has the highest potential of any property. They don't need to retread that ground. They just so happen to cover the same old ground with Xavier, magneto and wolverine.

>muh chinks

They can fuck off.

>I CAN'T BE RACIST I'M NOT WHITE
how can someone type that shit and not realize how dumb it sounds. holy fucking shit

He was spared of it because Daredevil isn't about some white dude and his magical, almost sudden proficiency in Asian culture.

They all complain about other stuff like shit action and boring plot. this is the kind of reviewd JJ and LC deserved too, this shit simply din't have SJW good boy points to cover it up

I hate this meme reddit is creating that "origin stories" are bad. Literally every single film ever touches on the origins of it's characters at some point. Everyone has a beginning, and nobody gives a shit about a character who just shows up with all these wacky powers and shit if we don't know how we got them and who they were before that, and how it affected them.

Nobody is fucking whining about a new hope being like's origin story you stupid fucking fags

You're a retard. Daredevil isn't perfect, but even the worse parts of S1 and S2 are head and shoulders above all other capeshit shows.

Just look at how shitty arrow is in comparison and you'll see how good daredevil is, even at it's weakest.

>I assure you if Iron Fist had an asian MC all those scathing reviews would be positive.

Bullshit. Have you seen the trailer or ANY reception for these series? What he said is 100% accurate. People have become more and more disinterested since Daredevil season 2 and if you were actually critical and not some company wars fanboy you would notice the quality has been steeply dropping with each new series and season. The reviews for Luke Cage were worse than Jessica Jones. The reviews for Jessica Jones were worse than Dare Devil. And the reviews for Iron Fist presumably will be worse than Luke Cage. The last 2 starred a white female lead and a black male lead. This has little to do with SJWism. They've been putting less and less care into this shows just like they've been doing with their fucking movies.

Arrow id better than JJ though

>Diversity
>representation
>appropriation
Sounds like we've got capekino on our hands lads

Its a fucking shitty Arrow rip-off with even less action and more uncharismatic leads, what the fuck did you expected this to be?

Have you even seen the rest of the Netflix shows?

They are all the same slow pointless shit because only DD was planned as a 13 ep season, the rest has been trying to emulated that good season with less and less success every time.

Now finally the critics realised that, the muh white saviour is just the icing on the cake.

I knew this was gonna be shit the moment I saw who they cast for Iron Fist. He looks like a fucking yoga instructor.

The first season of Flash shit all over Netflix's Marvel show.

That's because JJ is boring shite

Arrow's only better for the first two seasons because the action was good and most of the characters were bearable

in terms of actual acting and story, JJ blows arrow out of the water. But as far as action goes, arrow is better for the first two seasons and then it becomes ass