Is this the single most overrated animation film of all time?

Is this the single most overrated animation film of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4HALL5-PZu4
recommendations.wikia.com/wiki/Category:/m/_-_Mecha
youtube.com/watch?v=21JuYIPHMF8
youtube.com/watch?v=0ybkQCDDzs8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it is pretty overrated, true.

Sorry guys, posted the wrong picture

here

I don't remember those frames in Frozen, guys.

it is pretty bad yes, perfect blue is much better

You're right. Perfect Blue was better.

Damn, beat me to it

You're probably just confused that Inception exploited it yet managed to have both a worse plot and worse aesthetics

Oops, silly me, wrong picture again haha

Perfect Blue was definitely better, but Paprika was still great honestly.

I showed this to my English teacher in high school and he literally said "this is an overrated piece of trash".

Not really but he did say it's all flash and no substance. Something the creators admitted to.

Its pretty mediocre desu

>2000+17
>still playing the tomato meme
what the fuck

Can anyone rec me old anime? I tried watching some new stuff but LN adaptations just arent interesting to me.
I'm too scared to ask on Sup Forums. They like cute girls doing cute things. I like slow paced space/science shows.

Why is there NO animationkino?

Legitimately one of the best anime movies of all time, go fuck yourself

>rotten tomatoes for a japanese movie from the 90's

Fuck off faggot this movie is great

>25 reviews

What a meaningful census.

All anime is shit anyway

t. I only watch superhero movies

I just watched Texhnolyze and it fucking blew me away. Best shit i've seen since Berserk.

Toy story 3 got nominated for best sceenplay and movie so no, paprika isn't the most overrated

>Oscar memes

LOGH,ghost in the shellm Time of Eve/pale cocoon, Lain, Kaiba & boku no pico.

It still shows that people highly regard it as a good movie even when it was complete shit just because of nostalgia

Thanks for your input. I've actually watched that.
>watching berserk

>Time of Eve/pale cocoon
That's more like it. I've watched the rest.

go kill yourself you illiterate nigger

>no seeders on nyaa

No but this is
youtube.com/watch?v=4HALL5-PZu4

Mobile Suit Gundam (1979)

Not exactly.

>things that never happened for 500, Alex

Wow, eva is overrated but you're stupid.

>anime

Not the guy you're responding to but...

I remember seeing a few Gundam episodes when I was young, it featured Gundams representing different countries, like a French Gundam, but I can't find which series it is, any idea?

>high school English teacher

rofl

shows:
-Space Runaway Ideon
-Gunbuster

films:
-Patlabor 1 and 2 (especially 2)
-Jin-Roh

I bet your teacher is one of those fags that expects a movie to put up a fucking dissertation on the themes it chooses to portray.

I've only heard 2 things about Paprika.
1. It's good
2. It's the inspiration for Inception.

How is it overrated?

Saying that it's good is already overrating it.

Because people who liked Inception (i.e: burgers) went back to watch it and found it confusing and 2deep4u

It really wasn't though. Paprika brings together everything Kon had done in his previous movies, it's the culmination of his entire career.

Thanks man.
I've watched Jinroh, its neat.
I've read Ideon influenced eva a bunch,is it true?

Neo Tokyo

Wings of Honneamise
Metropolis

People tend to avoid this when getting into Gundam but it's unironically one of the best Gundam shows.

>Texhnolyze
god-tier taste, user

Yes, its Eva's largest influence by a long shot

I'm just going to assume OP has seen Memories too, but in case he hasn't he really should

Thank you. You've posted interesting stuff. I guess I'm going to watch all of studio Gainax.
Any other studios I should look up?
What Gundam should I start with?

>What Gundam should I start with?
Start with the original, simply called "Mobile Suit Gundam" (or Gundam 0079 by fans).
War in the Pocket is great too.

>Paprika brings together everything Kon had done in his previous movies, it's the culmination of his entire career.

That would be Paranoia Agent.

G Gundam, its a bit of a different series compared to most other gundam series so don't use it as a way to guage Gundam as a whole, its very different.

>What Gundam should I start with?
The first one. But you can watch the movie trilogy if you don't feel like watching the whole TV series, you won't be missing that much and don't you let autists from /m/ tell you otherwise. Then move on to the OVAs like War in the Pocket, 8th MS Team, Thunderbolt and Origin, which are all great. After that you can either continue to Zeta or just choose any alternate timeline Gundam you want, my personal reccomendation of those is Turn A.

Paprika came out after Paranoia Agent ya dingus.

Ok. I guess I'll get right to it.
Also I found this while searching for Gundam right now recommendations.wikia.com/wiki/Category:/m/_-_Mecha

VOTOMS looks like I''d really like it.

Thanks again, guys. Sup Forums proves yet again that it's best when discussing off topic stuff.

>don't you let autists from /m/ tell you otherwise
Yeah, autists on Sup Forums know so much better.

They're not space/science but they're slowpaced - Mushishi and Paranoia Agent

Studios are an iffy way to go about things. Gainax is ok because they've made relatively few shows and all in a similar style. But something like Production I.G sticks its fingers into so many genres that they don't really have a consistent style. You should really just stick with directors/writers that you like, and franchises that you like (for the most part). Like Mamoru Oshii or Satoshi Kon, for example (although they typically worked with the same studios but thats beside the point).

Honestly the best, you just know that any show made by them is going to be at the very least watchable.

Obligatory JoJo response
also Flip Flappers and Drifters from last year

You're right following directors make a lot more sense. Could you name some underrated ones?
I already have Anno, Kon and Oshii. I guess now Tomino too.

Thanks. Should I wait for all of to be animated(Jojo bizzare adventure)?
Also I've seen get a lot of hate recently on multiple boards.
I

>Should I wait for all of to be animated
Read the manga.

It gets hate by contrarians because it's popular on Sup Forums, basically it.

If you're gonna wait for all parts to be animated I think you will have to wait until 2024 or something at least, part 1-4 are animated as of now and we're waiting for the part 5 announcement

Spoilers for part 3 in the image

I don't know too much about "old" anime directors, but I guess it doesnt hurt to throw Sinichiro Watanabe into the pile. I'm pretty sure you can find interviews where Anno and others at Gainax talk about directors and anime who inspired them, which (given that you like Eva) could help find things you also like. A modern director thats worth watching is Masaaki Yuasa ("Ping Pong" and "The Tatami Galaxy" are good places to start)

Hideaki Anno is the shittiest writer/most pretentious human being on the face on the planet. I legitimately HATE HIM

thats what the Master wants you to think

I've actually watched a film called Mind game from Masaaki Yuasa, I'll watch the rest of his stuff. His visual style is pretty strange though.
I'll watch bebop and champloo once I'm done with the space and robot stuff.

Try Karekano or shin Godzilla. They're straighforward enough. He's a great director.

where is this interview/doc from? I haven't seen it before

Vampire hunter d

yes both

Search google for videos on 宮崎駿 庵野秀明 対談

bless your soul

Thanks

That is a proper score. Paprika is pretentious as hell. They attempted to make a smart movie but it was just convoluted and disconnected. Inception did everything better.

Nah, it isn't really that overrated, for more overrated movies see and .
If you specifically want a really overrated anime movie watch 5cm per second, it's much, much worse.

Hey that last part of 5cm per second is pure AMV kino.

>Something the creators admitte to
No they fucking didn't, you queef.

And of course your English highschool teacher didn't get it, because he didn't watch everything leading up to it.

Everything in that movie served a purpose. None of it was substanceless.

But it doesn't save the start and middle of pure soap-opera drama. It's the reason why the movie is overrated, everyone loves its ending, me too, so when the judge it people tends to give a higher valutation than it should have.

source on the pic?

I watched bloodlust, not even an anime fan but that shit was kino

Looks like Angel's Egg.

The music is really good too.

youtube.com/watch?v=21JuYIPHMF8

youtube.com/watch?v=0ybkQCDDzs8

>Is xy the most overrated z of all time?!

Go fuck off and feel special somewhere else. dipshits.

Boku no Pico

Ping Pong was probably the most kino anime yet. It could have just been a great live action show.

unironically my desktop background LOL

You either haven't seen Shin Godzilla or you are a hopeless pleb.

Why did you make the same thread on Sup Forums?

And no, the correct answer is Akira

fuckin love Hirasawa