twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jays

twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/939280785391091712
JUST

>SEA: PRAY FOR SEATTLE
>mariners

>"cucked" was a phrase heard
kek, mariners on suicide watch

>Mariners people said to be brutally disappointed not to get Ohtani. Not shocking considering the effort. “Left at the altar” was a phrase heard.
Literally cucked

gibe Jays the Dee

juuuuuust eat 3/4 of his salary for us pls

>Phil
sad and a little funny desu

the mariners are actually a real team. they exist. they aren't fiction. holy shit lol

Threadly reminder that the San Fransisco Giants are to be called the Gnats, because just like the name, their chances of being anything but at the bottom of the division is insignificant.

Don't think so newfag

Should Mariners fans all just kill themselves at this point?

I mean, I would, but I'm not a Mariners fan.

Triggered gnatfag detected

I have considered it
but then i think "atleast im not canadian"

You can show your newfaggotry all you want, it's really up to you how much longer you want to embarrass yourself

Do we see the National's lineup be as based as it was in 2017 in the 2018 season? Harper and Murph are up for FA after 18' so there's definitely incentive for at least 2 of the main performers to try even harder.

I personally hope so. That team was really fun to watch last year, just as long as they cool down when they face the Cardinals in the playoffs.

Daily reminder that Mike Trout will be
>2018 All Star MVP
>2018 AL MVP
>2018 World Series MVP
And Ohtani will be
>2018 AL Rookie of the Year
>2018 Cy Young

rude post

who does cashman give up?

What do the Mariners have over the Nationals?
The greatest moment in Mariners history was winning a Division Series Game 5, whereas for the Nationals it was winning a Division Series Game 4.

at what point do the Mariners finally admit that a full rebuild is needed?
will dipoto need to be fired first?

where would Judge play if Stanton plays RF?

honestly dipoto should apologize to his fans and commit sudoku on live television

One of those teams actually won a playoff series

Jeter

BURN IT ALL DOWN

MLB Pipeline's Ohtani grades:

Pitching grades: Fastball: 80 | Slider: 65 | Curveball: 50 | Splitter: 65 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 50 | Overall: 70

Hitting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 65 | Run: 65 | Arm: 80 | Field: 50 | Overall: 60

>Power: 65

ummmmmm "no"

If Anthony Recker were a stripper what would you want him to wear and how would you want him to dance?

honestly its pretty amazing how he has made so many trades and completed depleted the ,admittedly shtty, farm with so little on field improvement at the mlb level to show for it

Please let it be Ellsbury

I'm angry and sad all at the same time. I was barely functional at work after the news.

Whatever makes you sleep at night Gnatfag.

Judge is better defensively, odds are Stanton would play LF and DH. I don't see this trade happening unless Ells goes

Chance Adams and another pitcher I would think
Don't think the Yaks would give up Torres if they took the whole contract and the Marlins want pitching prospects. Could see the marlins getting fleeced here

pretty standard for the Ms
you havent been a fan long have you?

God, what an awful explanation of using the word Gnat as an insult.
>because just like the name, their chances of being anything but at the bottom of the division is insignificant
From a Gnats fan, couldn't you say something like, "because they're all annoying cunts who won't go away, even when they're insignificant?"
Your explanation doesn't make any sense to me senpai

They may have already

lells is definitely not going to the marlins unless its a three team trade

I used to love baseball too

I guarantee you the cubes are going to jump in on this stanton shit in like the next 30 minutes

im here

so is this happy guy
and him

He's a literal lifelong cubs fan who started browsing here within the past year
He's probably the same guy who thought Jake Arrieta could be a slugger if he practiced his swing more

I hope so. Always rooted for them secretly, but even my side team is a failure

user pls don't play me like this, you know how it makes me feel

>@JonHeyman:sources say it won't be the very top yankees prospects going to miami if deal gets done. but yanks prospect stash is deep, so that hurdle might be easier than the money.

I'm flexible and if I see something better, I'll defer to it.
>"because they're all annoying cunts who won't go away, even when they're insignificant"
It is

Cardinals are getting Donaldson desu

He's gonna be a benchwarmer here, but I agree. Giving him an NTC was one of Cashman's worst decisions.

If Eaton is roughly the same guy he was when they traded for him, he'll be big upgrade over what Werth gave them the last couple years.

>Source: Starlin Castro’s name has surfaced in #Yankees, #Marlins trade discussions on Giancarlo Stanton. @MLB @MLBNetwork

OH NO NO NO NO NO

*inhales*

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

PSYCHE! HAHAHA

Godspeed

Whenever i watch the mariners fail i think theres always next year, it will happen at some point, im pretty much guaranteed to watch them win a world series at last once in my life
then i remember those cub fans, the ones who lived to be 80, 90, even 100 years old who lived full lives as cubs fans and died never seeing it happen and i know, deep down, that the mariners will never win

>Giving him an NTC was one of Cashman's worst decisions.

haha yeah he's pretty bad good thing ownership didn't extend that guys co-

wow, i just realized this...jeter will be in the unique position to trade for dudes he was at fuckin' spring training with

As an objective observer, I must say watching Stanton and Judge back to back would be pretty great.

Castro for Stanton straight up.

Probably Clint Frazier+.

Do you think Jeter went down on his knees and begged the Yaks to take Stanton?

How deep is their farm system honestly?

just imagine all those swinging strike threes

Good luck man, nobody should die not seeing their team win a world series. It was sublime watching game 7 with my dad, he was crying -- his dad died a huge cubs fan.

He seems to trade a dollar and get back 80 cents. Like trading Tyler O'Neill for an out-of-options Marco Gonzalez.

Cash is a fantastic GM; extending his contract was a good idea

This particular case was a lapse in judgement, but he got us Didi so it balances out.

not dean anna deep but pretty close

My entire life, which makes it that much worse. Every so often something happens that really brings back the pain of $100 million dollar 100 loss seasons and wasting numerous good players careers.

who /comfyclosedwindowteamwatchingtheoffseasonshitstorms/ here

yeah they strike out a lot but dude what if they both got hot at the same time

ready to join you for the next few years, senpai
hope you guys get better

Very.

2018 Yankees lineup:

1. Gardner (CF)
2. Judge (RF)
3. Gregorius (SS)
4. Stanton (DH)
5. Sanchez (C)
6. Bird (1B)
7. Hicks (CF)
8. Headley (3B)
9. Torreyes (2B)

we're mired in caustic mediocrity, if that's in the same category. a move too good would cost too much capital and get the fanbase too excited while doing nothing would leave our rotation a fucking laughing stock and apathy at a franchise-history high

you better not tell anyone you like watching another mlb team !!! even though the people here are a bunch of losers and shut-ins, also too poor and crippled by aspergers anxiety to go to any games. i go to more games of my said "side team" than they do for whatever team they bandwagon. i'm the bad guy.

eaton was awesome for the sox in 16', it was sad to see him miss pretty much all of 17'. i hope he produces for you guys. he played hard and well while in chicago so i have nothingbut respect for him.

is it snowing in KC? if I lived in KC on thursday i'd stockpile enough booze and arthur bryants/kc joes to last through sunday so i could game all weekend and never have to leave my house.

>2. Judge (RF)
>3. Gregorius (SS)

user I...

he likes fringe guys coming back from down years or injuries, which isnt an awful approach since they are usually cheaper but he seems to always pay full price for what should be discounted players
its unsustainable and the barren farm shows it

I just copypasted the ALCS Game 7 lineup and put Stanton in at cleanup and moved everyone else down

people don't care that you support different teams, they don't like you because you needlessly call attention to yourself by tripping and its fucking obvious when you are false flagging because the second someone calls you out to turn your trip on or shit on you, you show up.

"I hope you're enjoying the 2017-2018 MLB Offseason."

Third is actually the least important spot out of the top 5. It comes up with two outs and nobody on base more often than any other spot in the lineup. You don't want a bad hitter there, but 1, 2, 4, and 5 are more important.

>the second someone calls you out to turn your trip on or shit on you, you show up.
I dont do that

Sorry, but
Gardner
Didi
Stanton
Judge

makes more sense for me

2019 Yankees lineup:

1. Gardner (CF)
2. Judge (RF)
3. Harper (LF)
4. Stanton (DH)
5. Machado (3B)
6. Gregorius (SS)
7. Sanchez (C)
8. Bird (1B)
9. Gleyber Torres (2B)

>people don't care that you support different teams
Having more than one team gets you mocked here, how new are you

Should Anthony Recker be a Gwinnett Stripper? If so what should she wear?

What is /mlb/s opinion on Manfred and pace of play?

Should just leave it the fuck alone desu

what about Trout?

As an Angels fan, that is not surprising in the least. It was always funny watching people fall all over themselves to dump everything at Arte's door so that they could pretend DiPoto wasn't a fucking idiot.

Judge had the best walk rate and most power on the team. He is an ideal candidate to hit second. Here is a good article about it:

beyondtheboxscore.com/2009/3/17/795946/optimizing-your-lineup-by

It's doesn't make a big difference, but it's something.

he's still on the angels in 2019

2019 Cubs Lineup

1) Almora
2) Harper
3) Bryant
4) Rizzo
5) Contreras
6) Russell
7) Baez
8) Heyward/Schwarber
9) Pitcher

that lineup fucking sucks lol

it'd be impossible to tell if you remain anonymous

>2019 Cubs Lineup
>1) Almora
>2) Harper
>3) Bryant
>4) Rizzo
>5) Contreras
>6) Russell
>7) Baez
>8) Heyward/Schwarber
>9) Free Out

or if you have different trips for each of your teams like me

post a better potential line up for 2019, go ahead, ill wait :)

it's a meme that won't tangibly affect viewership, market share, or revenue. i personally think that manfred knows baseball will only grow in the 2020s with character players in big major cities and a heavy emphasis social media--look at didi's following (and the yankees in general) for the blueprint

an attention whore diametrically opposes a false flagger. everyone here knows i've love my trips too much to not use them.

>the second someone calls you out to turn your trip on or shit on you, you show up

no shit, if some one calls me out of course i'm gonna respond. that's what i do.

people on here are just retarded. i always post pictures when i'm at games, i always post pictures when im at ballpark village in stl when im at games there, BUT the latest theory is im a closet cubs fan but i never post any pics from wrigley nor any pics from the bars there (the last cubs game I went to though was back in 2014 in AJ's first game as a Cardinal so my parents bought badass tickets and took my gf and i up there, AJ got 3 hits that day and the Cards slaughtered em')

Fuck Manfred. Can't wait until we start getting advertisements on the jerseys, that'll be great.

>swing and miss the lineup