Honest question. Assuming the actors were the same. And directors/producers...

Honest question. Assuming the actors were the same. And directors/producers. The only change is our cultural changes today and political climate

How different would The Wire be if it was made today?

>Same shit.
>Togal SJW cuckfest
>Sup Forumsshit tier shit
>Something else

>McNulty is incompetent as fuck (white male)
>Omar (now called Xirmar) is not only gay, he is also Trans furry now
>white cops always beat up niggers for no reason
>200% + interracial relationships

considering large scale criminal enterprise is still a self-reinforcing consequence of cascading municipal failure and raising children in an environment where the only successful people are criminals will, shockingly, almost certainly ensure they'll grow up to be criminals, the show would be unchanged by being made less than ten years later.

/thread

half the point of mcnulty is he was no where near as compotent as he thought he was. A delusion that came into existence as a result of being one of a very small number of people who gave a fuck when it wasn't his turn to give a fuck.

>meme gibson
check
>MUH WHITE GENOCIDE
check
>MUH EVULL SJWs!!
check
>blatant racism
check
>FUCKEN NAGGERS STEALING OUR WYMIN (who I'll never get to fuck anyway because I'm hideous)
check

do you ever look at your posts and feel embarassment or at least boredom at typing the same stupid shit? you sound like a bot or even worse, a newkid trying to be cool

you sound like a butthurt nigger
fucking subhuman

>you're sick of reading the shit over and over and over again you must be a NIGGER HAH!!
>am i cool now guise? here's a picture of the smug frog you all like LOL! likeme pls
pathetic.

nigger keeps staying bootyblasted

Muh BLM the Show

>ran out of ideas
>better reply with a variation of the exact same shit and add another smugface
>look guise this time its a gif! and Im totally white and that guy is a NIGGER! did you read that???? I said the n word!!
next up: the smug anime face

nigger you having a stroke?

nah I'm good. Are you confused? is this reply the result of your bot not working?

your moms not working
fat unemployed sheboon slut

Does anyone else think that The Wire has no place in the top 3, alongside The Sopranos and Mad Men? The directing, prose, acting and everything just feel sub-par compared to the other two. I consider myself left-leaning, and I appreciate the rawness of how Baltimore is portrayed, but that doesn't necessarily make it good t.v. Am I alone in thinking this way?

>literally a yo mamma insult
Now THIS is a new low. Thanks for the laugh

get lost nigger

ah yes, the trumpkid
it's funny how every time a picture of your type surfaces you look like a pale spic

everytime your picture surfaces its the picture of a nigger

personally, i always felt sopranos and mad men don't deserve any spot on top, but that's just me

It's a different type of show. The writers of The Wire were more focused on building an atmosphere and a city that the characters inhabited whereas The Sopranos, Deadwood and Mad Men, which I consider the top 3 greatest shows ever made, were about character development and dialogue. The Wire is a story-driven show, those three are character-driven. The Wire didn't give a fuck about ditching a character for an entire season, like what they did with McNulty in season 4 or Omar in season 2, which I give them a lot of credit for actually.

I certainly think The Wire is in the top 4 or 5 greatest shows ever made, it's just different. It's made by a bunch of journalists and former cops, not television writers.

>haha guise im sure gonna win this if i keep samefagging and saying NIGGER haha!
go on now, call me a cuck

I rather call you a nigger, nigger

Not much different since it was a life long labor of love from David Simon and the staff writers were all old school ex-cops and crime fiction authors.

hope you don't run out of frogs to post. You'll be a liked by the cool guys soon enough

uh, like, racist and sexist much??

Are you faggots serious?

The Wire was "Black Lives Matter - the show"

Modern Sup Forums would hate it, they would say Omar and Kima are being "shoved down our throats" and would argue that the corrupt cops at the top are the best characters.

>season 1 remains the same
>(((they take over)))
>all black characters now on their way to college/jus tryna sort they life out
>mcnulty becomes a literal cuck
>teacher guy becomes a member of the KKK and gets beat up every episode he's in
>hashtags included in the credits

0/10 would not watch

pathetic
kys

Based Proposition Joe would live

On a serious note police brutality would be involved in the show more. I was really surprised how little it came up outside Prez's first fuckup and DUH WESTUN DISTRICT WAY. Maybe Burns didn't see much of it irl, or didn't want to admit it was a problem. The police are all painted very positively outside of bureaucratic bullshit.

it came up in the series about as often as it comes up in reality.

The only people who get punished are people who do intensely stupid shit that can't be argued as being in the heat of the moment.

and lets just pretend that scene where kima sprints 50 yards to start wailing on bodie didn't happen.

and that one asshole cop who broke that kid's fingers