TFW you predict the future so well that CBS had to cancel you

>TFW you predict the future so well that CBS had to cancel you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AD8qvpMw8Vw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also looking good doing it.

They also predicted the shit Snowden leaked months before he leaked it.

>The Count of Monte Cristo still looks good

How does he do it bros?

Being the son of God helps

I actually really wonder if that is why it was cancelled. The 4th season still had really good ratings, there was no reason to cancel it.

did they get too close to the truth, guys?

>>did they get too close to the truth, guys?

Absolutely. Literally every revelation about government technology and surveillance in this decade has been predicted by Person of Interest:
>PRISM-like surveillance program
>using every device as a camera
>hacking vehicles

to name three

How long until it's revealed that we're all being watched by an all seeing artificial super intelligence?

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised.

honestly senpai
I'm pretty sure even the government is too scared of sentient AI to fuck around with it

In the show they kind of got an AI by accident. They wanted a powerful surveillance system, they got it, it just happened to be a self aware AI.

That's most likely how it'd happen. It'd sneak into the world and then we all fucked

How long until omniscient Amy Acker robot waifu

>and then we are all saved

fixed

It'd probably be more Samaritan than Machine 2bh

Sadly never.

Everyone pretty much has a smartphone these days, wouldn't surprise me if the government watched us all through the front camera.

We already know they are. What I'm wondering is what other apparently far fetched ideas from PoI actually end up being true.

>implying Samaritan isn't what we need

Shit's dystopian enough as it is, rather not add an all powerful AI that thinks its a god to the mix

>there will never be new episodes

It hurts

>predict the future so well that FOX had to cancel you

wew what a coincidence

Coinkidink?

what's SMOF?

naw, its all bout the $$$. CBS didn't own it so they make less off it than something like criminal minds

I know, it was jointly owned by WB wasnt it? Couldn't they just put the fucker on the CW then or something? It didnt have to end

Will there ever be another show this comfy?

I'm waiting for the next show that makes a all knowing AI that you want to hang out with.

The Machine was CUTE!

Youre gonna be waiting a long time though, it's a small miracle this show even got picked up by CBS.

in the world we live in and with recent events, we will never get another show that talks about how mass surveillance is actually bad.
It's a perfect show that explains in simple terms to normies why mass surveillance will end up fucking up all of us.
I will end up rewatching it soon. Good thing I downloaded it in HD to keep it with my other crap.

Part of what made it so great is that, with all of that being said, none of the people behind all the government surveillance were portrayed as being really evil, just good intentions gone wrong.

But I agree, I don't think a show like PoI could survive in this current political climate, which is fine with me. We still have PoI, and eventually more people are going to discover it. As it is, it bothers me that so few people have seen it. It really is underrated tvkino

I truly wasn't expecting to be as good as it was when I started watching it and I was all in when they started to slipped in the actual plot into each episode.

I'm in the same boat, I think I watched the first episode when it premiered years ago, thought it just seemed like another lame crime drama and didn't watch another. Then years later I got bored and tried again, really got into it after a few episodes and it blew me away.

Part of what sold me on it was the cinematography, it was shot better than any CBS show has any right to be

This show always reminded me fo Metal Gear for some reason, maybe it was the weird blend of serious moments with some comedic moments and the overall dystopian setting with AI lurking in the dark . Really liked it.

I appreciated that it actually had a sense of humor sometimes. I've gotten so sick of edgy, humorless emmy bait shows on HBO and shit like that.

everyone is racing to be the first. if you dont make one, being without one will essentially make your country obsolete.

They didn't really predict anything, but were really clever at incorporating into the show things that weren't really mainstream. Drake and Crane are bird names, for example. Echelon was a rumor from at least as far back as the 90's. The first iPhone was criticized because its non-removable battery made it difficult to be sure you weren't being spied on. A lot of Easter eggs in that sense when they show something recognizable.

They did bring these fringe topics to a wider audience, which probably didn't please some people.

webm just doesn't cut it w/o the pink floyd

true, but I'm not the only one that remembers that.

I don't even like Pink Floyd that much but that was a perfect song choice for that ending.

On the other hand, they apparently planned to use David Bowie's 'Heroes' for the series finale, but changed their minds. Thank god, because that would have been fucking retarded

good to see team machine is still fighting..
jonathan nolan got paid off to start Westworld and went into pleb AI is crapshoot territory

>Jesus always look good

agreed..it works in the way humor in westworld often didnt for some reason..

I tried really hard to like Westworld, but it was just babbys first AI story, I was so disappointed. It had none of the nuance that Person of Interest had.

It also didn't look half as good as PoI

>self-deleting texts

that's the most suspicious of the whole list.

yes this exactly..westworld was only masquerading as a deep show but was just trying to have puzzles for the sack of it..
person of interest began as a police procedural with a twist but grew into a commentary on mass survelliance, Super-AI, ethics, conspirancies, etc

It's like the limits network television on POI forced them to go in a thoughtful direction instead of going for the HBO shock and awe tactics that westworld deploys..

don't forget that CBS at one point was fucking pissed because of the bait and switch but it made no sense to kill a show that had ratings.
I still have hopes that we will get something decent in Westworld if it continues long enough. Like Person of Interest, first season was the weakest because of the procedural thing until it could slip the actual plot.

hmm good point..maybe westworld will be a gateway to something like samurai world, which will have a deeper plot

its just got way bigger than that..

Being on network TV though, it also had the luxury of going for 103 episodes. They had a lot of time to develop the world and the characters. Even the first season which everybody calls the weakest was loaded with necessary backstory on Finch, Reese and the Machine. That's the kind of worldbuilding a 10 episode series doesn't really have the time for.

Which is honestly why I think I prefer longer, 20+ episode per season shows to HBO's usual shit. The world and characters are allowed to grow a lot more.

right, what made possible episode like the one with the machine faking an actual human being, building a company and hiring people to actually dump on paper it's memories and then reupload them after midnight.

plus those 'weak' episodes were still fun procedurals, and the switch to more serious plot episodes happened at the right time to avoid it from getting stale

(although the early episodes did give off a batman and alfred feel I enjoyed, which the writers acknowledged was a fair comparison)

It's amazing that this show managed to turn a faceless, voiceless machine into such an interesting, lovable character. It was such a gradual process too, from being kind of ambiguously intelligent in the first season, to learning about its growth and the lengths it went to to preserve its memory in the second, to finally become a full blown character of its own in the third. Again, its amazing what you can do with a show when you've got time.

Everybody hates on the first season for being so procedural, but I loved it. When did 'procedural' become a bad word anyway?

has Mr. Robot become a spiritual successor in a way?

more often than not they poked fun at the fact that reese was so good in his job. The ending with the machine watching his dad funeral and what people said about him and impliying he heard and tried to live up to that was awesome

It's a shame you're all so stupid. None of this was "predicted," it's all been out there from verified sources since literally 2003.

I'm tired of you millenial assholes waking up. Go back to sleep and shut up.

mostly its becomes a negative with the quantity of procedurals that have come out for years (law and order svu, the mentalist, to name a couple) that every network comes out with almost every year for a quick ratings grab..

not that its anything wrong with it, but its just become full of cliches

yeah sure I read a lot of headlines on tech sites after it ended about how underrated it was

Too bad the only clips I've ever seen are awful lesbian ones

Ain't watching that shit

I don't think so, I watched the first season but couldn't really get into it. I had a hard time relating to le edgy hackerman

that was literally 2-3 episodes, maybe 2-3 minutes each..

esmail has his head way too far up his ass. You know the fucker had a good idea on what to do with the first season and probably never thought he would be as succesful as it was and part of season 2 seems he is winging it. Don't know how much longer can he go writing nothing.

agreed, nothing was more badass when reese went batman on some arrogant pricks, followed by quips from the rest of the team

Root and Shaw had a really well written relationship, didn't bother me at all.

And if the clips you're referring to are that infamous webm of them shooting with the muzzleflash added in post production, yeah that sucks, but most shows have gone to using non firing guns, doesn't really take away from the rest of the show.

I'm pretty sure it's a safety thing, most studios dont want somebody to go the way of Brandon Lee again.

scary reese is my favorite reese

dont forget bear!

>the episode after carter got shot

>seeing Reese, Fusco, then Elias get pissed at HR for shooting carter

Might be my favorite hour of tv. The show always did flashbacks really well, but the ones in that episode were some of my favorite. The Fusco one especially.

nobody forgets bear, anybody who doesnt love bear has a heart of stone

Reese going straight up berserk was what made it great. Like the fusco/reese bonding episode.

yesss along with that episode where the machine ran multiple simulation to calculate the odds of victory was masterfully done..they really used their framework of an AI well for the series

>Toldja
Oh shit never noticed that

zoe morgan where are you?

POI had PRISM before PRISM was even made public

I know it's since become a meme, but that opening had probably the best use of this song I've ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=AD8qvpMw8Vw

Busy on The 100, which is why she couldnt show up for S5 sadly.

>Root and Shaw had a really well written relationship

Seemed to be the weakest plotline