Other urls found in this thread:

critcononline.com/video_companies_cover_art.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw you missed it

I for one, welcome the internet.

>ywn be a retarded boomer using death technology
feels GREAT man

>ywn be a little kid and walk down those aisles that seem endless ever again
>ywn stand in front of that one shelf, see a movie that looks interesting to you, grab it, then look down the aisle both ways, seeing how long the shelf is, realize that there are like 5 more (2 sided) rows the same length, and feel the satisfaction of knowing that you managed to find something you wanted in the vast library of tapes
>ywn get home and feel the further satisfaction of enjoying the movie you rented while eating delicious pizza and drinking Coke

t. robots

It's sad that some people don't even know there is more satisfaction in finding something on your own instead of it being delivered straight to you with little effort

I was genuinely sad when My local Blockbuster shut down

>buy old video game
>disc/cart has 25-year-old rental sticker from long defunct store on it

Yeah, kids today don't appreciate anything because they don't have to wait for anything, except maybe trips to amusement parks. Now there's something you can't have delivered to your house in 3 days.

Literal old faggot here. You aren't wrong, but I'm so happy I don't have to go to places to rent my movies anymore. I don't miss it in the slightest. You can get pretty much anything, anytime, anywhere, without dealing with traffic, lines, et cetera.

DUDE KIDS DON'T KNOW

That's what I'm saying though. Now you hardly have to wait for anything and not only does that make it impossible to teach children patience, but it undoes a lot of the patience in some of the older people that once had it and when you don't have to wait for anything, it's so much harder to really appreciate it. When I was little, I went to Hollywood Video with my dad and rented an old Godzilla movie I had never heard of (this was in the late 90's and we barely even had the internet in our house, plus I was little and it was pretty new so I had no clue how to use it properly) and it was like an event. It felt like Christmas. Now I can order it on amazon and have it in 3 days, or pirate it RIGHT NOW, and now it's not so special anymore.

There's a mom-and-pop rental store close to where I live. It's neat.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't miss any of that at all. It's in the past, and the memories are warmer than the reality.

Then you're one of the people I was talking about who learned patience, then lost it when technology got faster.

All you faggots just miss being a child and having no responsibilities

Blockbuster was fucking shit

I can see both sides of it. On one hand you have access to movies that would never have even been in a rental place. But on the other you also have no satisfaction of hearing about something and having a mini adventure in trying to get your hands on it.

Nah, numbnuts. I just appreciate convenience.

t. cynical grandpa

How would you feel if you had to wait a week to see a movie that you wanted to see?

I agree with this person

>you can still go to blockbuster

>mini adventure
lol, Sad! get tinder for a real adventure and stop going on Sperg Quests

I wouldn't care. Sometimes I wait years after a movie is released before I watch it. I don't thrive on instant gratification. Movies aren't that important, especially as an adult.

Fair enough, but personally I wouldn't mind going back to the time when movie rental stores were popular and viable.

numbnuts

Yeah but there's only like 100 left. In Ohio where I live they shut all of them down. You can check on the website.

> tfw cover art will never be good again

critcononline.com/video_companies_cover_art.htm