Why are there so many weebs around the world, but so few sinaboos...

Why are there so many weebs around the world, but so few sinaboos? Why don't outsiders find Chinese aesthetics as appealing as Japanese ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bwmSjveL3Lc
youtu.be/eqVRpnb_vYI
youtu.be/dA6KPuUGQz4
youtu.be/ERiUtIF23fo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He-gassen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dream_of_the_Fisherman's_Wife
youtube.com/watch?v=78FgFp1Gi9I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_rock-cut_architecture
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anime and Samurai, China had none of it.

because at the beginning of globalization era japan was more successful than china.
if you're successful people gonna tolerate and imitate the strange quality of yours so they can pretend they belong in that successful group of people.

There are so many sinaboos here
We hate CCP but love Chinese history,culture,foods.
I also read so many novels and comics about Chinese history

China has anime, though.

Actually there are plenty of sinoboos.

Millions of people all over the world like Chinese calligraphy, Chinese literature, and Chinese food.

What gave you the idea there were so few?

>We hate CCP
Didn't Japan help put the commies in power though?

Hahaha
Actually,even Japanese style anime and manga are derivative from Chinese art

Because modern China purposely abandoned most of their traditional culture during the cultural revolution? I mean, they are droves of mainland Chinese tourists who go to Taiwan to experience the last remnans of traditional rites because they just don't exist anymore like this on the mainland.

poor zainichi(T_T)

>Chinese
>aesthetics

Anime and video games. There would be very few weeaboos without these

although ironically japanese are arguably some of the most enthusiastic ancient-chinaboo, the reasons i can think of are:
1) discontinuity made by the cultural revolution as well as many foreign/barbarian conquests made it less authentic, and as a result, it seems like modern reconstruction/larping (some of them are indeed) in pursuit of business or nationalism, instead of a living culture
2) the century of humiliation made it stigma rather than glorious traditions
3) reputation for modern chinese isn't so good, which downgrades their culture as well

>because at the beginning of globalization era japan was more successful than china.
3300 years of being more successful than Japan and China still manages to lose out at JUST the right moment. Can't make this shit up.

Chinaboos exist
Were just not as autistic looser neckbeards like weeavoos
Were patrician

Yes, we are the most chinaboo country in the world. lol
You see this in the warrior series(video game), or kingdom(manga) for example.

been there done that, mostly hongkong action films and taiwanese telenovelas

Its Koreabooism now
Japanbooism is still going strong tho

>Its Koreabooism now
wtf why do people like korea?

Pop music, dramas, kimchi.

Dramas and music and plastic surgery

I've read through journals of foreign missionaries/ diplomats as well as accounts from the Chinese themselves, from late 19th century till today. No matter who ruled them(the Manchus, Nationalists, Communists), what political/economic systems they were under, be it was during times of turmoil or prosperity, the Chinese have been consistently demonstrating the lack of moral integrity and narrow-mindedness. Your ancient Chinese culture lovers need open their eyes and realize today's China is what this country always looks like

oh, i never hear about korean things here. then again i live in the outback and the only asians that live in my town are a chinese couple who run a restaurant. i know of anime and chinese literature and kung fu but i have never listened to korean music or watched korean dramas.

Because Korea is culturally superior

Do we really deserve that distinction?

Chinese traditional aesthetics are just tackier version of Japanese aesthetic

but that looks like china or japan

I never really knew how important China was historically and culturally until living in Korea

when I was in America I didn't think much of China, just videos of people eating cigarrettes and shitting in streets and making greasy food

Japan and Korea just had better images when globalization really started to set in I think is the reason why China isn't as popular in the west

Differnet

>from late 19th century till today
>ancient Chinese culture

>i have never listened to korean music or watched korean dramas.
They're pretty bad.

Just compare to Korea or japan

Think Easy

The most interesting thing for modern people is modern culture.
But Chinese modern culture is not fun

The second is for the language.
Because of the terrible sound of Chinese, nobody wants to see Chinese works

link me some korean music pls.

Pop culture imported to the west - anime, manga video games, music.
Japan alone could rival all of western countries combined in the production numbers. I mean it would lose, but the numbers would be comparable. China's nubers are so small in comparison they could be considered statistical flaw.
Unfortunate really.

This is not specialty. Anyone else want help a mate out?

>Japan and Korea just had better images when globalization really started to set in I think is the reason why China isn't as popular in the west
It's like that for a lot of countries desu. For example, France had two wars ruin a much longer legacy by them. We'll see if it'll change in the future, which it probably will over time.

like k-pop or what? youtube.com/watch?v=bwmSjveL3Lc

was really popular last year, i don't really know anything more recent
it's just well-marketed pop music really that caught on big, there's some ballad artists and stuff too, as far as artsier things go korea doesn't hold a candle to japan

ヨーロッパなんてこんな比じゃないないだろ
文化を履き違えるなチョンモメンw,

← gorgeous ----- simple →

is this really what people like? am i missing something here? it sounds just like american pop music but in korean and the visuals are worse.

France is an interesting example actually; despite the wars they're still probably the third most weebed country/culture after japan and korea in the west, and in asia probably the most weebed

can you translate this to English? I suspect "holy holy cuddy" is not correct
神聖かまってちゃん

the k-dramas are even worse honestly
no, you aren't missing anything; it's just basically american pop music with rabid fanbases
k-pop, k-dramas, and variety shows are the main reasons for the current wave of koreabooism; if you look at the roots of weeaboism though, you'd probably get linked to like naruto and say 'wow this is just a shitty saturday morning cartoon'
boos in general aren't really the most interesting people

I hate all the "France sucks at war" jokes because France was a military powerhouse in Europe.

He says "Japanese culture is unique, you fucking zainichi korean!"

I'll cit straight to the point: China is a poor third world shithole, Japan is 1st world. Also chinks eat dogs and for some reason this triggers round eye ppl.

I for one am Chinaboo and study Chinese, tho.

1. Because you're in a Weeb site.

2. Because Japan has more appealing and interesting ACG(anime, comic,games) cultures, young people love these shits. Also Japan are Westerners lapdog same as Taiwan and Korea, which makes Westerners feel more comfortable and easier to accept, acquire these things.

3. Because of ideological differences . Mainland China is still controlled by conservative communists who don't give a shit about Western fluid genders imperialists, and it becomes more powerful day by day which will very likely jeopardize Western or American hegemony, but most Westerners are born and raised in liberal democratic countries, so naturally most of them hate China to begin with(they have to learn not hate it first), not to mention like it.

But things can always change.
youtu.be/eqVRpnb_vYI
youtu.be/dA6KPuUGQz4
youtu.be/ERiUtIF23fo
youtu.be/ERiUtIF23fo

Hey payoku
Go back to 2ch

Japanese culture is the only non-white culture that works

Japanese culture is truly advanced and unique, no other culture on earth can match their excellence, weebs have good taste for art obviously

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He-gassen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dream_of_the_Fisherman's_Wife

now i'm wondering...after koreabooism dies, who will be the next cunt with an obsessive fanbase?

True. But I think thats because they have a lot of diaspora in the New World. I think a better example would Persia, Poland, India or Ethiopia.

Some countries that have a more positive reputation in the modern era would be Serbia or the Scandis.

So was Spain and yet we only ever hear about their expedition into the Americas.

That's from Malaysia.

They activly denounced large swathes of their culture and buried it under decades of slaving asiatic communism which poorely aped the soviets which themselves were a mutant outgrowth of the west.
Its like a culture raped by a derivate of a derivate of a harmful fad we overcame-nothing you can admire or be amazed about.
Now there is still respect for the chinese and their economic achievments but it will need more time until there is a substrate again that makes people boo over it in large numbers.

I've watched some Chinese, Korean and Japanese movies, and I want to ask whether any of you agree that the Korean language sound something in between of Japanese and Chinese, when it is spoken.
None of my friends seem to agree with this.

Because China has no pop cultural exports like Japan. I enjoy Chinese history though. I am also a major architecture fag.

As a kid I remember watching a documentary about the Forbidden City in school and several kids being excited about China 'n shit. Dunno if they became chinaboos, tho; I highly doubt to be honest.

Chinese culture is Asian culture desu

Korean sounds like Japanese because Japs split off from Korea ages ago. No idea about the Chinese bit desu. Mandarin sounds distinctive.

C-Pop > J-Pop/K-Pop
I mean just listen to this banger
youtube.com/watch?v=78FgFp1Gi9I

Ur friends are right tho

Now plz recommend me chink n korean movies
Maybe jap ones too tho

There seem to be more Thaiboos and Vietboos these days.

Yes because your ears are disabled

I wanna post nice architecture now.

why?

lmao architecture user is back. did you ever get the chance to go to india btw?

Can't lie my niggas

These chinese outfits on women hot hotter than any Japanese shit

What kind of movies? For an action film, Wolf Warriors 2 wasn't bad. It was one of the most successful films globally in 2017. Not just in China itself. For "serious" cinema, you can try something from Zhang Yimou like Red Sorghum or Raise the Red Lantern.

Not yet. Hopefully next year for the rock-cut temples.

We couldn't decide if we wanted korean to sound like a chinese or speak japanese while getting teeth knocked out with a cheese grater. So we just went with neither, to spite you.

How much does it offend your sensibilities to see modern Chinese architecture, as opposed to the traditional stuff?

Is this pic real? Why are the buildings copy pasted?

About 20 year ago or so, we had a lot of shinaboos here, or, had had them so immensely.
It is easily proved by bunch of Chinese related characters seen in animes in that era.
Telling the truth, feeling like missing that period when both anime and people were not deflected by malicious meme in internet and could be innocent.

>I think a better example would Persia, Poland, India or Ethiopia
yeah, these are all great examples actually
hmm, interesting to think about honestly

chinese sounds very different from korean and japanese, the latter two are a bit closer

agreed

>russia asking why buildings look copy pasted

I don't know much about chinese film, but Mountains May Depart was gorgeous

for Korean check out Park Chan Wook's stuff

Japan's film industry is well-documented online and you should be able to find stuff pretty easily

depends what you're looking for though really

What's Japan's favourite Chinese dynasty?

literally all of them look a bit different from each other

China has a way more impressive and interesting military history

why is there a black girl?

That dresses were in the era of Qing Dynasty je.
Lewd cosplay outfit for Barbaric nomads, je.
No wonder mister British or mister Korean yearn for them, your unconscious desire to have your ass-ass penetrated by horse dick-dick je?

The film takes place in Africa. The plot involves a Chinese special forces soldier who faces off against a team of foreign mercenaries during an African civil war. It's surprisingly violent for something produced by China's state-owned film company.

He's an idiot and the same Chinese poster who thinks the Maya are an extinct ethnic group. I don't know why anyone takes him seriously. China was already in a massive state of decline by the 19th century due to Qing incompetency. It was a highly regarded nation throughout most of it's history. But whatever -- I'm the type of person who appreciates all cultures. I adore Greece and I actually get a little upset when people make fun of it all the time.

It's depressing. It's all about quantity and "progress", they don't care about quality. But you can't say anything that disagrees with the government either because then they'll kill you. The people are also pretty brainwashed so they're victims without even realising it.

The Manchu were not nomads (but I guess that's a misconception). The modern qipao is heavily Westernised and only came into existence in the 1920s.

Ancient China is to East Asians what Ancient Rome is to Westerners.

Fuck off touhou fag

Ancient China is a combination of Ancient Greece + Ancient Rome and it's modern form is like USSR 2.0

Me like Northern Song

Cultural wise, China is the Greek of Asia
People wise, they're the Indians of East Asia
Political wise, they're the Russians of East Asia
Chinese diaspora are the Jews Asia

Ugly horse men with ugly braid je?
You shall not speak on behalf of those imbecile outcasts je?

>Why are there so many weebs around the world, but so few sinaboos?
>so many

what? are you ok?

but japanese are sinaboo

what did he mean by this?

No

Memes are evil and make people hate each other.

これなんだよなぁ
日本ほど中国の文化を理解して愛している国は他にないと断言できる。

This is China's century, the time of the western sinoboo will soon be upon us

Why does Xi look so bored?

>chinese
>terrible sound

Chinese culture was good. Was.

what's rock cut temples?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_rock-cut_architecture

つーかSup Forumsでこの話をするのもどーかと思うよ…
中国文化の方がどう考えても有名だろ