youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo&channel=UCwPf1ocqkv1EyEyLpTFxyFA
youtube.com/watch?v=Xo-qzeTpLAQ
rottentomatoes.com/m/kong_skull_island/
rottentomatoes.com/m/king_kong/
youtube.com/watch?v=uDysYxgG7iA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kaijufaggots B-T-Eff-O

shit movie, death franchise, killed universe

King kong has pretty much always been a tech demo. Are the vfx at least good?

>Gareth Edwards cucks out of Godzilla 2
>Shin Godzilla revives the true Godzilla and humiliates Legendary
>Thomas Tull fired from his own company
>Pacific Rim 2 sounds like complete garbage
>King Kuck Skull Island a huge flop

What could possibly go wrong?

King Kong 2005 is still the best

You actually give a fuck what critics think of a film? I am going to see this for myself instead of letting asshats decide my tastes for me.

>Thomas Tull
>In early January 2017, it was reported that Thomas Tull (who founded Legendary Entertainment) resigned from the company but will remain as producer for Legendary's Godzilla and King Kong film series, which was revealed to be officially titled MonsterVerse.[10]

HA! expect more The Great Wall tier chink pandering LOLolololol

This, at least we'll get a GOAT Vietnam aesthetics, and soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo&channel=UCwPf1ocqkv1EyEyLpTFxyFA

this, the best opinions are formed in front of the big screen

>this is an actual screenshot from a major motion picture in the year 2017

>King Kuck
this is so stupid but made me hmmhmm

what Epic Rap Battles of History episode is this?

>it aint me

Loki vs White Woman

sponsored by KONGED

I'll wait to see if Armond gives it a positive review before I watch it

le epic contrarian OJ Simpson face

Unless the gorilla says "kill white people" he'll hate it

le epic reddit fag Jew fave

I think it's the other way around, if the gorilla says kill whitey he'll dislike it.

what, Armond hates white guilt / anti-white liberal bullshit

Metacritic is shittier than RT you dingus

IT AIN'T ME

youtube.com/watch?v=Xo-qzeTpLAQ

>Gareth Edwards cucks out of Godzilla 2
Good, Michael Dougherty is a much better director.

Metacritic is far better than Rotten tomatoes. It has a unified critic score that people actually see, and not a split, misleading, one like plebtomatoes has.

Dude. The Jap Godzilla was a mess. I liked that it tried to be more political and bureaucratic, but it was a mess.

>he just can't get a good movie since 1933
You mean 2005

Best Godzilla since the 80s tbqh

Why didn't you like it?

it has an 81% on RT

rottentomatoes.com/m/kong_skull_island/

Sup Forums is literally the only place I've ever seen that puts PJ's Kong on a pedestal

the Japanese version was trash. worse than the 2014 version.

And it's Certified Fresh.

OP is confirmed fag

rottentomatoes.com/m/king_kong/

There's a literal scene where the text showing the names takes up half the screen for a second.

Movie just didn't work for me. Took too long to set up Godzilla, the dread of the situation was minor and there were useless shots in the movie that were bizarre af.

Bigger question: WHY ISNT ANYONE SUEING THEM FOR LITERALLY COPYING THE MOST RECENT GODZILLA MOVIE?
Seriously, even the way they explain the origin of Kong IN THE FUCKING PREVIEW TRAILER gave it away.

>there were useless shots in the movie that were bizarre af.

oh anno

I mean there's a moment where he uses a crane shot with two people talking and it cuts to pipes for no reason.

The 1933 is also overrated.
This. It was never a movie with good characters or plot. The original is basically a gallery of monsters with herbivorous dinosaurs eating humans.

Same company.
Same universe even.

I'd say the last good Kong movie was the 1976 remake, and MAYBE the 1986 King Kong Lives

Didn't you feel the dread at the beggining when Godzilla destroyed everything around him and the bureaucrats were unable to do anything because they were so incompetent? Or when Godzilla obliterated an entire city leaving a trail of radiation behind?

why does no one like 2005

King Kong would be better without King Kong. Skull Island and everything living there is more interesting than that overrated ape.

>since 1933
But even the original is shit.
Oh look its a giant ape. Thats the whole fucking movie. Its so fucking stupid i cant believe this isnt a franchise universally mocked as a shit idea.
At least Godzilla, as shit and silly as he became, had a fucking point.

It's not the whole movie. You haven't seen it.

>muh monster movies

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kill yourselves faggots

>muh kaiju universe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>intentional information overload
>lasts one second
I mean, I know you're using it as an example but I still don't think it's a legit criticism. It's not the way a lot of films are presented, but the jarring nature and, to beh onest, downright boredom of the first half an hour actually worked really well for me, looking back. And even better on rewatch.

The pipe/crane shot, for example, was (I think) to emphasise how small the characters felt, dwarfed by the incoming nuclear explosion and the international power machinations behind it. And the pipes were obviously to set up the Yaguchi plan

user, I really, really like this image.

visit reddit dot com slash r slash movies

>It's not the whole movie. You haven't seen it.
Not him but I agree
>literally just finished watching the original for the first time
>Kong first appears half way through the movie

i cant handle tom hiddleston, he seems like such a fagot.

Um this has an 81 on rottentomatoes. BTFO and eat dicks rated higher than all kong movies.

the original is rated at 98

>tfw when modern monster movies wont have music as powerful and iconic as this youtube.com/watch?v=uDysYxgG7iA

Would you rather be deployed to Vietnam or Skull Island

>Um this has an 81 on rottentomatoes.
??????

the original King Kong had basically the same point...not to fuck around with nature. its just that in this instance, the monster was defeated.

Peter Jakson's King Kong was supremely entertaining as a 12 year old boy.

This one looks far far worse

Should I spend my last 20 bucks to go see this in IMAX 3D?

>show up at island
>wow this island sure is fucking stupid and we would like to leave
>I guess we have to sacrifice to this ape now
>lets spend the entire second half of the goddamn movie watching characters gawk at how fucking big this ape is
>watch a woman gawk at him on the island
>watch explorers gawk at him as he is tranquilized
>watch city folk gawk at him in a theatre
>watch bystanders and pilots gawk at him as he dies
Wow its fucking awful.

is kong immortal? in the trailer they mention nuking him in the 50's

That wasnt the point of Godzilla
Godzilla was a unique perspective on the horrors of the atomic age coming out of literally the only country to have been attacked with nuclear weapons.
King Kong was just bland even in 1933.

that new thor tho!!!

>took too long to set up Godzilla

>Godzilla shows up almost right off the bat

Are you sure you saw Shin Godzilla and not some other movie?

>horrors of the atomic age
I don't know if you know this or not, but nuclear weapons are a result of the manipulation of elements, which are a part of nature.

FUCK DONALD TRUMPF N FUCK WHITE PPL

WE WUZ KONGZ

It's a pretty standard monster movie cliche to have monsters be invincible, or else they aren't really monsters.

In reality there is no reason why a single full loaded Huey gunship couldn't kill Kong, but watching a giant ape take an AGM-22 to the face and die wouldn't make a very good movie.

If you're trying to imply that godzilla is a representation of nature taking revenge rather than a manifestation of japans fear of the nuclear age then you are either retarded or trolling.
>part of nature
sure. That still doesnt make nature the main theme surrounding Godzilla.

that pokemon tho!!

>retarded or trolling
Can I not strive for both?

sorry, I didn't explain well enough. When is this set? how old is kong? 50 to 80 years old?

That's a reference to 2014's Godzilla. Same organization that was trying to kill Godzilla is investigating Skull Island.

>dude cocaine and heroin are natural lmao

I can't belive they're going with the 'weapons tests were actually trying to kill the monsters' angle, that was one of the worst plotlines

>leaving out Meth
user..

Help pls which way is the slash supposed to go? /or \? Thx 4 help XD

I mean, it's a reference to the events of Godzilla. They were trying to kill Godzilla with the bombs, not Kong.

I will put the middle segment on a pedestal. The beginning and end segments are garbage.

I thought it was pretty good.

Fuck the critics, I liked the Kong movie with giant roaches and scary black native people.

2005 King Kong was comfy af

plus it had prime Naomi Watts, Jack Black with a surprisingly decent performance, Brody was good as always, the supporting cast (that black guy, Kyle Chandler, Tom Hank's son) were all great too. Decent cinematography, captured the vibe of the time as well, the Natives were done cool

Also it had the best movie video game of all time

I'm tired of people shitting on this movie, it was great

>81% on RT
>it's also certified Fresh
Sorry Disney Cucks. Kino Kong is here to stay.

Eh

It is known tie-in movies in cinematic universes are garbage. I.E Avengers 2

Agreed. Terrible dinosaurs though.

king kong has always been a stupid story.
there will never be a good movie.

Ok, so I've always wondered, but felt too stupid to ask. Is the original 1930's King Kong about blacks banging white women?

whats your point sweetie?

>Disney so upset about Iron Fist that they're now turning their back on RT
YOU JUST CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP!

Yea, thats the one thing I agree with, the T-Rex's looked bad

was that the Peter Hackson one? with Jack Black?

That was fucking awful and about 8.5 hours too long. Hackson needs a goddamned editor.

Its a great movie user, it just gets shit on Sup Forums because there aren't any EPIC MAYMAYS XD in it that they can spam the board with.
Very comfy film.

>'Twas beauty killed the beast

Will see it just for Dr. Steve Brule in the cinema

>fuck the critics

>I'm going to disregard everything else in the movie because Jack Black's character said something that tried to be poetic but came off as stupid at the end.
Kys.

No I agree, it's a great movie, but it has maymay potential is all

This.

Even though Netflix's Marvel are /ourguys/, this is pure mistake that they under MCU.

Looks like shit but im still going to watch it

Someone spoiled the script not to long ago and just reading it made me not want to see it. Literally all of the characters in this movie that you can tell bring something to the plot are killed off, most of them in stupidly cliche ways.

The big bads are a bunch of "skull crawlers" that wiped out of the Kong's species and he's the last one left, which is the EXACT same plot of the most recent Godzilla.

The only thing that makes me want to see it is the end is supposed to have some shit about Ghidora, Mothra, and Godzilla.

>Kyle Chandler
>More like Kyle Thunderock

He's literally this idiot Chad that gets dragged halfway around the world and ends up fighting against what people without imagination would call hell itself and he lives, when you get the impression that he's too fucking stupid to walk in straight line and not get lost.

He stole the movie senpai. Actually that giant negro did but he died.

>lets spend the entire second half of the goddamn movie watching characters gawk at how fucking big this ape is
But this is not what happened. Half of the movie is about adventures on the island. There are many scenes with random dinosaurs.

>I mean,

When did so many people on this site start to talk like little bitches