National Team booted out of World Cup

>National Team booted out of World Cup
>League championship won by a Canadian team

What has gone wrong with USA futbol?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/08/08/sports/soccer/mls-expansion-nashville-cincinnati.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_at_the_FIFA_World_Cup#Uruguay_1930
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue
theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/dec/04/barcelona-andres-iniesta-scope-embrace-brain-game-real-madrid
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Major League Semenslurp won by a Canadian team

more news at 11.

>USA fuccbol

Murrilards rate garbage players like Jozy Altidore and Bradley. I saw parts of the game today and it was literally Liga Ascenso tier or mexican 2nd division. Your players literally cannot defend or pick passes to save their lives so I dont understand why Murrilards think those two players are even good when they play against amateur tier players.

The fact that the Superb Owl of US soccer happened today and no one knew about it should give you an answer OP.

This. Americans dont give a shit and the few that do would rather watch Messi and Ronaldo over Michael Bradley and Jesse Altidore choke to that island that everyone shitposts about on here.

Americans have never been able to compete in real team sports. In fact, in the in the context of relevant sporting achievement, America is probably the biggest underachiever on the planet.

only Donoven was good enough, the rest of players afterwards are memes

>trump's been in office less than a year
>lost CFL
>lost MLS
>lost FIFA
embarrassing

>got rid of soccer interest
MAGA

Sorry, who did you guys draw for the group stage again?

>both foreign soccer and mls getting more popular in USA

yeah you can't stop reality kiddo

>both foreign soccer and mls getting more popular in USA
source?

Suckass national head coach, Pajeet dickhead organization president, overcomercialized league, general lack of any shits given for professional soccer, sport is generally seen as a game for schools, community teams, and practice for football team kickers and punters.

That's not all of the issues, but that's a lot.

maybe now america will shut up about how "good" we are at soccer

I care when my country loses even on checkers because it's more about the competition than the sport itself.

>maybe now my little sawker faggots like Doyle will shut up about how "good" we are at soccer
FTFY

>Liga Ascenso
>or Mexican 2nd Division

Aren't they the same thing you CHI?

Not sure about foreign leagues, but MLS is growing for sure.

nytimes.com/2017/08/08/sports/soccer/mls-expansion-nashville-cincinnati.html

>What has gone wrong with USA futbol?
We were never good at soccer. It's been a "growing" sport here for like two decades, but I honestly haven't noticed any changes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_at_the_FIFA_World_Cup#Uruguay_1930

Lies!

>losing in divegrass to a country where it's too cold for grass to grow

AMERICAN, I AM DISAPPOINT

I wasn't sure if you murrisharts would know our second division league.

>getting btfo by
JUST

It says here that revenue of the MLS is 761 million euros. For comparison it says our league generates 958 million

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue

There's people watching MLS, and maybe there's more wealthy white kids playing soccer, but the really athletic kids are still choosing other sports. Clearly we're shit at developing players, so without any freak athletes taking up the sport we're screwed.

>USA 3rd place in 1930
>2017
What happened?

>freak athletes
>the best players of all time are almost exclusively manlets

MAGA baby first we get rid of illegal scum then we can get rid of their shitty sports

There's manlets in the NFL that are better athletes than anyone in U.S. soccer.

The best USA soccer player isn't the best athlete on the team either and in fact the USA always ranks highly in fitness anyway. Athleticism isn't what the USA team needs at all. It needs some fucking skilled players, that's all.

skill and "football iq"
theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/dec/04/barcelona-andres-iniesta-scope-embrace-brain-game-real-madrid

Faggots are doing it wrong, stop tryna be different like a fat dyke with rainbow hair and look at how CONMEBOL and UEFA do it.

who cares

>double number of mls teams
>attendance goes up
Wow, really? Too bad no one watches it on TV

>Athleticism isn't what the USA team needs at all.
Works for other sports. Hell, it works for soccer.
Do you really think because Messi is a midget that he's not athletic? He's fast, extremely agile, and strong. Other players have a hard time knocking him off the ball. Ronaldo is a freak athlete.

No argument the USA needs more skill too. But since our coaching system clearly can't teach the necessary skills, then we better start getting better athletes to take up the sport.

Is this thread about soccer?

If so, why bother?

Per-game average has been increasing every year. It was 17.8k 6 years ago and this year the average was 22.1k.