>Trondelag
>Potato/grain moonshine

flag
tesco in croydon

1. Flag.
2. Willamette Valley, Oregon.

Istria

Btw, one movie recommendation related imdb.com/title/tt0375063/

My own because it's where I'm from. I don't actually drink wine.

there are 2 big rivers in gemany: rhein (rhine) and mosel whish the romans used for their logistics- all their camps were connected by those rivers and nowdays there are vineyards literally everywhere. mostly riesling (white wine) because of the climate tho

Tokaj is better

1. Russia.
2. Crimea.

I've been to that castle. The area is really nice and riesling pretty good. We wen't canoeing on the mosel once and it was basically hilly wineyards as far as the eye could see on both riverbanks.

Apparantly we got wineyards as well even in the northern most regions. Never seen or tasted it. I bet it's pretty shit. Pic related is in Friesland and they call their wine frysling. Dutch wine is a meme desu

Unpopular opinion, but Franconia.
Mostly produces dry white wine. Pretty much the only wine I drink.

>My own because it's where I'm from

This
I love wine but I don't shit about it so I mostly drink local stuff

>don't shit about it

But I don't jnow shit* about it

Piedmont

I don't really drink wine

But we're pretty fucking amazing at beer.

>Budweiser

Nobody drinks that hogpiss. What do you drink Heineken in holland? Turbo Mass produced shit is trash.

Get some San Adams or Seirra Nevada or Magic Hat if you want our good mass produced shit. Variety packs are a plus btw. No lie an elderberry sour from magic hat blew my socks off recently. Shit's no joke at all.

Excellent post

>I fucking hate wine.

Are you like 12 or something?

Wine tastes like shit.

Nice selection. I'm thinking about getting drunk and celebrating 'cause I recently buttraped some people who really pissed me off and fucked with me.

Sonoita, AZ
It's tiny but it has that movie wild west look, and also wine.

Budweiser is pretty drinkable. Real Budweiser.

I have many more but the cans are aesthetic as fuck.
First real American beer I drank was pic related, if I remember well. I has already started drinking proper European beer by then but nothing like this
Luckily craft beer is on the rise in France as well

Send one, I have nothing to drink tonight

By age of twelve your average russian has already destroyed his taste buds with vodka.

1. Flag
2. Douro

Young russians hate vodka. They prefer cheap whiskey.

Oh shit a barley wine. Nice.

Have you ever had any sour beers? They're rare but it's like an entire different world of beer. Like how IPAs are bitter.

you misspelled rioja

Beer > port wine > wine

Those look somehow weird.
I kinda don't trust beer with too flashy, modern and colourful design.

This.

>Douro
Is vinho verde a thing in Spain too or only in Portugal?

Yeah, mostly European ones tho
Cantillon brewery is excellent in that aspect, with all their lambic and gueuze
But my favorite kind are stouts

>wine

>I kinda don't trust beer with too flashy, modern and colourful design
That's beacause it's horrible.

Pic - god tier bottled beer.

Flashy and colourful design is all the rage now, whether I like it or not
Hard to avoid if want to buy some crafts, there are so many colourful ones that you probably shouldn't judge them based on the colours, or you're gonna miss out

Pic semi related, my fav French brewery

lmao, even we have vineyards.

Richfag

Yeah thanks but I'll abstain from trusting a Russian about taste

Never tried that desu, will keep an eye open for it.

Can you recommend any Russian beers? Only know Melnik.

I don't think it's that "heavy" over here, because of the traditon n shiet, but you're probably right.

What styles are common in France?

Zhiguli.

Even the roundabouts here have vineyards

>Can you recommend any Russian beers
All russian bottled beers are horrible.
And russian craft beer is also terrible. But that can be said about any craft beer. Only teenagers like that stuff.

>280p
>rich

Well France does have the most roundabouts in the world.

>I don't think it's that "heavy" over here, because of the traditon n shiet, but you're probably right

German beers may be an exception actually, there are many German beers in supermarkets here but they are mostly traditional ones with sober colours instead of "real" craft beer. Small, new breweries like colours, but Belgian and German beers being kind of institutions they stayed serious in their design I think

>What styles are common in France?

As far as craft breweries are concerned, pretty much anything, including a ton of IPA to copy the Americans. We have a couple of our own styles tho, like the bière de garde from the North, which is traditionnaly more a beer region than wine.
Most people who want to buy good beer without bothering themselves with small breweries buy Belgian triples

What is up with Russian beer prices anyways?
When I was in Moskau a few months ago I was really surprised to see quite a lot of good, local German beer there. Even found the one of the local brewery in my town in a big supermarket.
But the prices? Hell... 4€ for a small bottle in the supermarket, found German beer in restaurants for 7€ a glass and that was not even touristic places and far, far away from the city center.
Is it just because of sanctions? Who the hell buys beer for these prices?

Source ? Believable but first time I hear about it

No idea, I don't drink beer that costs more than 2$ for a litre.

Okanagan Valley

I just read it on wiki a while ago, whether it's true I don't know for sure.

>Half of the world's roundabouts are in France (more than 30,000 as of 2008), although the United Kingdom has more as a proportion of the road than any other country

Stouts!! Me too! Fukk yeah.

Stouts are the best kindof beer. It's expensive for me to get drunk on good beer but I had this at my local high-class bar (I live in a mountain resort town) and I immediately left after I found out it was fucking $8 a glass.

It was pretty thick and about as stout as stout can get if that makes sense. Like mixing black coffee with molasses.

Crimea produced my favorite port wine before annexation. Now it's quality gone to shit, and not only port wine but all Crimean wine tasted like piss.
2. Burgundy, France btw

>mfw beer has taken over the thread

Valdobbiadene DOCG Prosecco

Prefer Scotch to either tbqh.

Roundabouts > intersections with traffic light.

My (irrelevant) municipality Nittedal has no traffic lights, and keeps rebuilding busy intersections into roundabouts.

>tfw all everything RUssia touches turns to shit is not a meme but reality:^(

Yeah, the prices for the local stuff were ok. (outside of bars/restaurants, they always have kinda hight prices, even outside the center)
We bought a lot of local bottled stuff and pretty much never payed more than 1€ for 0,5l. They also were pretty good, only one was crap. (literally no gas)

1. Norway
2. Norway is a shithole, so it has no wine region.

Sad(
Didn't even know they produce port wine tho.

Were only German beers that expensive?

Belgian beers are top tier anyways, so I understand that people go for them, lel. But yeah craft beers are pretty diverse in styles.

For how much?

flag
nevşehir

That's some next level placebo, liberashka.

1. Spain
2. Priorat

All imported alcohol costs a lot. Plus, Moscow has inflated prices on pretty much anything.
>For how much
Standart bottle.

Supermarket prices were somewhat the same as here. 0,50-1€ for 0,5l.
Restaurants were kinda expensive, even as I said far, far from the city center (not even connected to the fuck huge subway anymore). 3+€, no problem to pay 4-4.50€.

Holy fuck
It wouldn't surprise me if it was true, there are already like 5 in my 5000 people town

I've seen it before, a friend who's even more into beers than me had one.
Yeah some stores are really thief, luckily in the big French cities (big for us) I've lived in like Montpellier, Toulouse or Bordeaux there are often several different stores, with varied prices.
But it's still pretty expensive unless you buy really local, like breweries from the city itself. Not that overpriced, but after I've been to Belgium and Ireland it feels expensive

Looks extremely comfy

Never really tried whisky desu, but wanted to try a good Scotch soon.

>Standart bottle.
So, 0.5?

Yeah, Moscow I guess. But if the supermarket prices are good it's fine imo.

I have a second house there, comfy but no cities, just villages

>So, 0.5?
Yes.
This one costs 3 euro, for example.

Damn, this looks otherworldly amazing!

Cappadocia

pretty neat place. has nice historical attractions and some wineries around.

Do you really trying to tell me that firing the head of massandra and its nationalization doesn't changed its quality? Did you even try to drink masandras' port wine now? You're not supposed to be a fucking sommelier to recognize its poor shit quality, pidoraha

>new world wine

1. fleg
2. Côtes du Rhône because it's the most reliable.

I'm pretty much a pleb in terms of wine, still I enjoy it quite a bit.

wine from the Rheingau region

Neat. It's very nice seeing another guy who shares the same passions. My brother is actually a brewmaster and studied in Bavaria for 5 years. It's always a treat to have his home brews. He has a sick setup in his basement (not at work) where everything is controllable from an app on his phone and there's a couple cameras in the room so he can read the gravity gauges and adjust pressure, and whatever. I don't truely understand it because I haven't brewed yet, I'm afraid I'd love it too much and become an alcoholic for life.

All of that aside, I go to Japan frequently and if you're ever there just as a heads up their beer is very different. I attribute it to their different palate and growing up with an oversaturation of umami flavor, vs Westerners Umami is like... nowhere. So as a result since they really enjoy umami flavor... their beer has it. It's a bit fucky like if you dropped a teaspoon of soy sauce in your beer. I've never liked any of their beer really besides a few of the craft beers. I went to a few brewery tours too.

Some of the craft beers I had there which I would honestly consider good and I would serve to my friends are the Echigo Premium Red Ale, and .. I can't find it on the internet but it was a fruity IPA with hints of mango and had some pirate image on it.. whatever.

The Yona Yona one second to the left is without a doubt the worst beer I've ever had in my life. It actually tastes like you just threw up in a bucket then drank it.

All in all there are only like 3 fucking beers you'll find in Japan's very limited selection which are pretty good. So I guess if you travel to Asia be prepared for that.

Riesling, Dornfelder, Spätburgunder, Silvaner

Wew, that's not cheap indeed.

New World wines have been consistently rated higher than old world wines for two decades

>Yeah, Moscow I guess.
We actually stayed outside of Moscow. Not really rich area that pretty much never seen tourists.
>mfw we found Spalter (München) in a somewhat cheap restaurant there - for 7€ / 0,5 l

>new world wine

>Not knowing French vines are descended from California vines.

>not knowing the huge importance of soil in wine making

>It was pretty thick and about as stout as stout can get if that makes sense. Like mixing black coffee with molasses.

Stouts and Porter are pretty underrated here, everyone has been obsessed with disgustingly overly hoppy beers for a while

At least it's drinkable. English ale costs even more and tastes like cancer.

>everyone has been obsessed with disgustingly overly hoppy beers for a while

Thank youuu. God you're so right.

>you know what I really want right now?
>something extremely bitter, I wanna it to taste like I'm licking my car's tire

Catawba so I can make meme punch

I've been trying to find something like Franziskaner made domestically. Something really yeasty, can't quite

All the Brewpubs in my area (NJ) are pretty trash, had a really good Stout down in Williamsburg, VA. I've been meaning to check out Yards in Philly as they do some historic recipes

Overly hoppy beers are basically for people who'd prefer to be drinking soda

That got fucking stupid for a few years. IPAs need to be hoppy, but there are limits.

CDAs (Cascade dark ales) were invented her a few years ago. Hoppy beer with dark malts. Usually pretty dry, unlike most non-irish stouts.

I'm ok with no cities, there's a time for hamlets an a time for buildings

A pal of mine also tried brewing in his garage, it turned out pretty shit but we still drank it for the sake of drinking our own beer
I seldom see Japanese beers here, but I've tasted beers from Hitachino Nest brewery that I enjoyed, pic related

Well yes but there are a fuckton of other things to take into account, like soil indeed but not only

It's the core of our "Terroir" concept

1 Flag
2 Sonoma I guess if I have to choose.

from your cunt my fave is Saint Emillion.

California is covered in microclimates and soil diversity like Italy. Napa and other wine growing regions have produced wines that have regularly beat French wines in wine tasting competitions

He probably didn't get the temperature right. Besides contamination, thats what fucks up home brewers the most. It's best to have a dark, cool basement, not a garage. Around 18 degrees is good for most ales.

>>not knowing the huge importance of soil in wine making

>not knowing California wines are voted better than their French relatives

You should get better soil Pierre.

I know that tbf, not trying to do a dick-waving contest here.

Insecure much ? No one dissed the importance of Californian wines.
it's just that here with or AOC-AOP systems we attach a great deal of importance to the geographical locations of where our products are made, from wine to cheese but also hams and other cured meats for instance or peppers. The reason why Champagne is called sparkling wine and not Champagne if it's produced outside of selected areas of the Champagne

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appellation_d'origine_contrôlée?oldformat=trueregion

This desu. only the original is the original. Doesn't matter if it's netherlandish cheese or french / italian wine. It's important where it's made.

I'll admit the Americans have a similar system for some wines. For the wine to be called like "Oregon" or "California" all the grapes have to come from the right state
It's not as develloped as in Europe where there are some really tiny areas for some products but at least it shows they are serious enough about wine

>Stockholm
We drink bear and potatoe juice