Countries in Europe can't vote for independence due to the EU and monarchy

>countries in Europe can't vote for independence due to the EU and monarchy

Ahahaha

Your states also can't due to your constitution

>americans can't vote for independence because they're busy getting shot

>ameri
>shot

as opposed to the US where we can do it absolutely freely?

>by the constitution
no, the constitution does not mention secession. The precedent for secession being illegal was set in a court ruling in the 1870s.

i think the brits just did so i dont know what you...
oh he got shot

>Getting beaten into submission

It was the american civil war you piece of shit.

what was?
confusing post desu

>the USA declare war on their states if they attempt to secede

By law, no country can leave their union. But the International law give rights to self determination.
t. South Brazilian Separatist.

Yeah, the US has such a good track record of letting those who want split. Oh, wait...

Do you know your own history?

stop it

Alright. I get nothing out of bullying others.

>Can leave at any time without repercussion
Fucking lol

I'm an advocate of US states' rights, but it's fair to note that people don't perceive them as nations bound by a common law. Even when the country was young, I don't think they were viewed as that independent by their denizens. It's not exactly comparable. In both cases, more rights and powers would be good.

>Americans didn't vote for independence
>instead they chimped out and had someone else win the war for them

it depended on the state, there were states that saw themselves as provinces of America and ones that saw themselves as pseudo-countries who were members of a union. The Civil War was inevitable from the get-go because of radically different understanding in the north and south about what kind of country the US was supposed to be, slavery was just what finally triggered it.

Also, US states contribute a lot to eachother's bottom line. Wealthy states give taxes to poorer states. The EU doesn't do that. Your idea of helping other constituents is to give them predatory loans.

This is true 100%, but I would note that a pseudo-country is still less of a country than how EU members perceive themselves.

I only say pseudo because there's no way of knowing what the consensus was back then, but for instance Thomas Jefferson often referred to Virginia as "my country" in his writings.

I would question that "country" carried the same political weight that it does now

well you would probably be right about that

>conveniently leaving out that the Arizona territory seceded as well
nice y*nkee propoganda

>without repercussions

>leave trade union
>lose trade

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO MEEEEE

The EU just needs money for dems programs

Grow up you know it's more complex than that

explain it then faggot

>Democratic vote to join
Same for the US.
States needed to apply for statehood and later approved by the congress. No state has been slaughtered into submission. Even Hawaii didn't see any real fighting but just a coup.

>Sovereignty protected by law
The same for the US. The US is a federation, so the powers of the federal government and the states is very well defined except for a few exceptions and debates.

Because the EU is not a country. The US is a country.

>nations in need of help are supported by the rest until they get back on their feet
Fucking lol.
Also, some states are outright supported by the taxes that other states pay. It's not like europe where negotiations for aid bills are required.

Voting for independence in 1776?
>Canadian education

Voting with firearms counts.

>voting with firearms counts
When? When did this happen exactly?

All US states came into the Union willingly. Including Hawaii. The territory was annexed through a statehood vote after WWII.

The process in which Hawaii was acquired as a territory wasn't democratic, but it wasn't a "slaughter" either.

This is an excellent troll/b8 image, thank you for posting it. I'll save it for later

If you can't win your liberty by force, then you don't deserve it.

Sometimes I think Eur*s really believe their own fairy tales.

what? What are you on about?

What are YOU on about? If you think Hawaii joined the union in 1776, you need to brush up on your own cunt's history.

Oh, shit. I thought you were referring to another comment of mine. Nvm.

in 1776, no one force any states into joining the union.

It was an unanimous decision to declare independence. The decision was made by elected officials and governors each state.

So, the declaration of independance was as democratic as it was for those days.

>Join union
>Century later things aren't going so well
>Alright let's leave this union
>WOAH WOAH WOAH NOT SO FAST
>Declares war for no reason
>World turns a blind eye

South will rise again boys.

But you voted with firearms afterwards.

>the virgin union
>the CHAD STATES