Mfw the Temple of Doom isn't at his top Indy film list

>mfw the Temple of Doom isn't at his top Indy film list

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3DeURx3mYck
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If they release an edit that mutes Kate Capshaw, I'll consider it.

How can someone say that it's the worst Indy film, it's amazing.

They just got annoyed at this
But yeah I agree, it's a full fun adventure film packed with so much wonders, horror, action, comedy and great practical sets

Well, it was before Crystal Skull.

Not because it's bad, but because Raiders and Crusade are awesome.

>those possessed Indy scenes
truly a great performance

That scene terrified me as a kid when he was becoming possessed

My God he looks terrifying. The red light really gave him a different vibe

Can't believe they made a game of this. Never played it but playing the entire movie in 8bit must be legendary.

How come this poster was not chosen to be the film cover?

Reminder that Temple is a prequel to Raiders.

Heh. Although Willie was the worst romantic partner, the romance arc in Temple of Doom was the best of the franchise. Top tier banter. Marion was best girl though. Elsa was decent as a femme fatale but that's it.

I think it is the best Indy film. Exotic locales, good mix of comedy, drama, action, and horror; actual character growth for Indy (turning from pure mercenary into more idealist), best music in the franchise. It's not quite as strong with the villian, but it's alright.

I also think Crystal Skull gets way more hate than it deserves. It's the weakest, but there is one metric where I think Skull is better than the rest, and that's Cate Blanchett's Irina Spalko villain.

1>3>4>2

>Cate Blanchett's Irina Spalko villain.
She was great and yeah I enjoy Crystal Skull for being very different and with Ford still being very energetic in it and doing a lot of his own stunts as you see in the behind the scenes.

The opening warehouse scene was great fun.

The opening sequence is such a hateful, mean-spirited streak of violence - it's pretty incredible when you remember that it was cooked up by Lucas and Spielberg. Apparently Lucas was going through a nasty divorce at the time and his anger kind of permeated the whole creative process.

My dad had a striking resemblance to a younger Harrison Ford it's like they're related.

This. Fuck Sup Forumss contrarian bullshit. Temple of Doom is just bad. It tries too hard to be 007 and adventure and horror and falls flat on every facet.

Temple of Doom is the only Indy film I can watch multiple times

I liked it more than Last Crusade because it was all about an ancient culture instead of Indiana chasing muh nazis.

He sounded actually in pain when he was getting whipped and shit

Short Round gets credit for being the only cute kid sidekick in film history who actually carries his own weight and kicks ass when necessary. When you really think about it, he's kind of the unsung hero of the entire story - he saves Indy's life like six times (and that's just what the audience sees).

>tfw I've only seen the crystal skull one

It seems like you're supposed to watch these movies when you're younger so I fucked up pretty bad

He was also great as Data in the Goonies

Top-tier arcade game, actually. That, and the vector-graphic Star Wars game were my favorites as a kid.

>someone doesn't share this entry-level opinion is a trolling contrarian
Crusade, beyond the top-tier father/son banter, was a mediocre rehash of Raiders with boring as fuck locations (besides maybe Petra). Temple of Doom is the quintessential pulp adventure movie with all the trimmings.

Everybody knew that.

Yeah it's probably better that way but I didn't see any of them until my mid-20s and I still enjoyed the hell out of them. Go watch them.

Not true, I watched them for the first time last year (25 years old) and they're masterful action/adventure movies that properly transport you to an age when the world still had misteries left in it, with exotic locations to boot.
Watch them.

Crystal Skull on its own merits actually isn't all that bad. It just suffers from its own pedigree. You're kind of forced to hold it up to the same standard as the previous three movies, and it falls short in a big way. That said, it's noteworthy for several things - people like to make fun of the whole "Nuke the Fridge" scene, but they forget what it means in context to Indy's character. He looks at the atomic mushroom cloud and realizes that mankind has finally created a power that's equal to, if not greater than, the Ark of the Covenant. Also, later on when he catches the tribal assassin's blow dart tube and blows the dart back into the assassin's throat? That's classic Indy.

I rewatched the trilogy semi-recently and I was surprised at how much I liked it. Definitely my favorite now. It has a kind of energy/passion to it that really propels the film forward. Willie is annoying but the film knows it, she's a great foil to Indy.

2 > 1 > 3 > 4. Crusade is too wacky for my taste, especially in comparison to Raiders and Doom. Indiana Jones is not a realistic franchise by any means, but Crusade crossed the line into full on comedy.

Last Crusade > Temple? > Raiders
I never was a fan of Raiders but the truth is that they're all close.

Hell, I might switch raiders and temple. Temple was DARK. I'm still scared watching it.

Sorry man, Temple of Doom surpasses even KOCS in shittiness.

Well yeah. The PG-13 rating was invented specifically because of Temple.

raiders
>they're just stories. magic doesn't exist.

doom
>bitch stop whining they are literal magic stones and we need to save them

Never thought about it but this is a great point.

>sees evil Hindu rip a dude's heart out of his body

vs

>sees a bunch of Nazis talking shit

Indy says it himself: "I deal in facts. You want to learn about truth? Go study philosophy."

Indy was Scully before Scully was Scully.

In olden days, a glimpse of stocking
Was looked on as something shocking.
But now, God knows,
Anything goes.
Good authors too who once knew better words
Now only use four-letter words
Writing prose.
Anything goes.
If driving fast cars you like,
If low bars you like,
If old hymns you like,
If bare limbs you like,
If Mae West you like,
Or me undressed you like,
Why, nobody will oppose.
When ev'ry night the set that's smart is in-
Truding in nudist parties in
Studios.
Anything goes.

It is shit.

>villain falls to his death in a crocodile infested river

vs

>faces melting and heads exploding

Followed by "OH MYYY GAWD INDYYYYYY REEEEEEEE" for 87 minutes.

>>faces melting and heads exploding
AFTER they got the Ark.

>villain falls to his death in a crocodile infested river

You gotta admit that was pretty awesome tho.

This, and it's why autists dislike ToD.

But then again, with the Ark of the Covenant supernaturally killing Nazis, it's kind of a moot point.

No one is buying it no matter how you keep spamming.

It's funny. Spielberg was just continuing a long Hollywood misogynist tradition of torturing women on screen.

That's the thing. If you think about it, Indy fails in ROLA, the villains get their comeuppance by messing around with something supernatural beyond their comprehension. TOD is just "LOL I beat you up on the bridge".

Not him, but that's funny because that's exactly how I feel when I see these "Temple is best" threads.

>with the Ark of the Covenant supernaturally killing Nazis, it's kind of a moot point

Which brings it back to the old chestnut of "If Indy hadn't interfered, the Nazis would have taken the Ark to Berlin, and disintegrated all of the high command (including Hitler).

>gets sick during filming
>puts out his best performance of the series

That ad-lib "swordfight" scene in Raiders was kino as well. If we get Ford sick will he finally put out a good performance again?

Very few say it's the best. Most say it's the worst of the 3 before CS.

They probably wouldn't have even found the Ark to begin with.

It's the worst of the classic era, but it's still good

Lost Ark > Last Crusade > Temple of Doom >>>>>>>>> Crystal Skull

Not really, they would have opened it just like in the movie.

i literally preferred crystal skull

>top Indy film list
Why would anyone have one? All Indiana Jones movies are garbage.

It has the best opening scene of the 3 original movies, but it's simple outclassed by 1 and 3 overall. 2 is good, but it's nothing more than the contrarian opinion to say its the best.

Technically, it wasn't solely because of Temple of Doom.

It was the combined effect from ToD and Gremlins releasing within a month of each other.

Of course it is. I never understood why people don't like it

This.

As it stands, they only found it because of Indy. Without the medallion, the only way they were ever going to find it was to systematically excavate the entire site and hope to luck onto it before Berlin ran out of patience with the expense, or the military resources were needed elsewhere.

But is also right. Indy didn't make them open it when they did: that was all on Belloq. He gave the excuse of ensuring it was authentic (false copies were rumored to exist), but he was really just using the Nazis for their resources, anyway. No way he was ever going to let Hitler be the one to open it first, even if he was going to have to turn it over to him in the end. He wanted that all for himself. He may have been a mercenary, but he was still an archaeologist at heart.

Harrison Ford was always better at playing villains and awful people.

Dont mind me, just bring the best opening scene of all the indy movies

youtube.com/watch?v=3DeURx3mYck

Doom is my favorite overall but I would still put the Raiders opening scene above it, the whole sequence is a classic. Crusade's is definitely at the bottom though, basically suffers from prequel-syndrome "we need to explain this entire character's backstory in five minutes".

character's entire backstory I mean

It was needed, though. It was a good way to establish Indy's determination and his relationship with his father.

The train bit did go on a bit too long, I agree.

Who wins?

Best Beginning
>Raiders: Peruvian temple
>Temple: Shangai club
>Crusade: Coronado cross
>Skull: Area 51

Best Ending:
>Raiders: Dont open your eyes
>Temple: Falling bridge
>Crusade: Choose a cup
>Skull: Pyramid / Alien UFO

Raiders on both accounts.

offcourse it is

>crystal skull gets way more hate than it deserves
I somewhat agree. When I saw it I enjoyed it, but it's not one I want to watch when thinking of IJ. The alien theme could have been cool, but the writing was pretty bad. Also whoever was in charge of the monkey army/Shia swinging from vines should be shot. That shit was completely ridiculous.

I can always tell someone's age because I too didn't like Temple in my early 20s. Now, it's obvious that the true ranking is 1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>>>>>> licking a cleveland steamer off some fat guy's hairy tits >>>>>>> the apocalypse > 4

>I also think Crystal Skull gets way more hate than it deserves.
The entire jungle chase scene with the vehicles was utter trash and ruined the film for me, the rest of it is pretty good even though I didn't like how sci-fi it was compared to the occultism/mythology of the originals

Also Blanchett with bob cut is 11/10

3 > 1 > 2 > 4
This isn't debatable. They're all stupid popcorn-flicks anyhow, so it doesn't really matter.

>mfw Spielberg regrets this because it was "too dark" and blames it on his divorce
what a faggot

Crystal Skull gets just the right amount of hate. Indy is impervious to all danger (including a nuclear blast), the villains were lame, there were too many protagonists and we didn't care about most of them, too much CGI, too much retardation (most of which had to do with animals), and way too scifi for an Indy movie.

And it was a shame they wasted that great Mayan set. At least an hour of that movie could've taken place in the Mayan ruins and would've been awesome. They also wasted the tribals who were just used as throwaway roadblocks.

It took a while. But rev up that contrarianism for Crystal Skull.

Yeah, Indy 4 is weaker to be sure but come on people it's not that bad.

It is m8, Temple of Doom was my go-to movie as a kid, and even now it's still the best of the three.

Crystal Skull may be goofy but it's not the steaming pile of shit fedoras make it out to be.

You're right user.

Shame they didn't make like 5 more indiana jones films in the 80s and early 90s.

they fucked up with way too much cgi but it's still watchable

All four are dumb fun. That's something Spielberg and Lucas can be proud of.

Temple has a lot of great and iconic scenes, but as a whole i still prefer raiders, and I've seen last crusade like a million fucking times.
Crystal skull is just whatever.

>it's not that bad.
In comparison to the original three it is.
When you stand it up against three of the greatest action adventure movies ever its flaws become glaring.

I haven't watched any indiana jones except for that one with shia lebouf. Am I missing out?

If you liked it you'll probably like them even more