Does this mean we can finally stop giving Disney Marvel a pass for making the exact same movie with the exact same...

Does this mean we can finally stop giving Disney Marvel a pass for making the exact same movie with the exact same quippy tone and the exact same lack of stakes and the exact same lack of interesting characters who behave like people shot in the exact same bland CG environment twice a year for the last decade? There really is no fucking excuse anymore.

Sure, just get everyone to stop watching them. Including the foreign markets. Good luck.

The only Marvel movies where I was genuinely concerned for the well-being of the main characters were Iron Man, Civil War, and Winter Soldier. And even then, I knew that nobody was going to die.

In Logan, however, every time Logan fought his clone, I was genuinely concerned about his well-being. Every time he was slashed or stabbed, could have been a death sentence. The only action movies, in the last 10 or so years, where one feels genuine concern for the heroes is TDK trilogy, District 9 and The Raid 1 and 2.

Oh no, I fully expect them to keep making them, but now people can no longer hold the genre up as an excuse to justify the MCU's consistent mediocrity. Is Logan Citizen Kane? No, but it at least it's a movie.

This last few days, a lot of people have been citing "TDK trilogy" as landmark superhero films, but only two were good, and only one stands among the best. I am really surprised so many people seem to like the mediocre two.

Completely ignoring TDKR (I like it, by the way), there aren't any superhero movies that come close to TDK and BB. Yes, TDK is amazing, but BB is just better than any other superhero movie not named "TDK."

Not the person you're replying to, but I agree. People heap praise on the "Dark Knight Trilogy" when what they really mean is Dark Knight. Batman Begins was a fine flick, and it's notable in that it kind of marked a turning point for the genre, but it's really nothing to write home about. Dark Knight Rises was straight up bad. It's super watchable, but it is by no means a "good" movie.

I'm very biased in my opinion, but BB is basically everything I've ever wanted in my superhero entertainment; it's dark, it's gritty, and it maintains an acceptable level of realism. The first season of NF's DD captured this superhero idealism very well too, but its second season was utterly corny with poorly choreographed ninjas speaking even poorer sounding Japanese like weebs straight out of a community college class.

>He thinks TDKR is a good movie
Well, we've discussed as much as we can.

>muh feelings
>muh guilt
>bawwwwww
>sniff sniff bawwwwwww

It's a drama chick flick.

didn't you see the ackshoune

Critics are only going to shit on Iron Fist's shitty production values. With Infinity War they'll be back to sucking the cock of hack TV directors with their poor fight scenes, lack of standout shots, etc.

I'm sorry it didn't have enough explosions for you, Maybe John Wick 2 is more up your alley?

>Dark Knight Rises was straight up bad. It's super watchable, but it is by no means a "good" movie.

It's reminds me of a Zack Snyder movie in that regard. It has a lot of cool moments, but put together as a whole, the movie is very much lesser than the sum of it's parts.

Great 1st and 2nd acts, meh as fuck 3rd act only reedemable part was the last feels inducing scenes

Is this really the optimummaximumsuprememegametaultimatekinoplastybodomy that some make it out to be?

>Critics are only going to shit on Iron Fist's shitty production values.

Well, that and the "cultural appropriation".

No, but it is very good, and it is easily far and above the best X-Men movie. The reason people are so over the moon about it is that mediocre blockbuster capeshit has been so prevalent for so long that people forgot what actual movies feel like.

Nice. I may actually see this then. I've not seen any comic-based films in almost half of a decade.
>tfw you're all alone and have nobody to go to a cinema with anymore
I suppose I'll wait until it's on NF.
Oh well, at least there's always my friend, Al Cohol.

Yes, John Wick 2 delivers what it promised. I expected Logan to not be written by a girl for girls.

>critics

I don't care what critics say. They're just people who watch movies and tell others whether they like it or not. The only difference between critics and other audience members is that critics tell others that imma critic so listen to me.

And nothing plays to the young girl demographic quite like a Hard R, hyper-violent action movie about a senile Patrick Stewart and an aging Hugh Jackman going on a very bloody road trip across America. You know how teenage girls are constantly texting each other about how hard it is to be a middle aged man struggling to come to terms with fatherhood in a life past its prime. That's why they like it so much. It was super relatable.

And a hearty kek to you, sir.

The girls will love all those teary-i-can't-stop-crying scenes and that sad sad ending. I don't understand why girls actively seek crying. I understand if you cry when something bad happens but to look for it and try to cry. Are they addicted to crying?

>Does this mean we can finally stop giving Disney Marvel a pass for making the exact same movie with the exact same quippy tone and the exact same lack of stakes and the exact same lack of interesting characters who behave like people shot in the exact same bland CG environment twice a year for the last decade
That's some excellent psychotic rant there, lad. What does any of this have to do with Logan?

Well, y'see, the thing about Disney Marvel is that they have been making the exact same movie with the exact same quippy tone and the exact same lack of stakes and the exact same lack of interesting characters who behave like people shot in the exact same bland CG environment twice a year for the last decade, and every time they get called on this, a legion of laughing Chris Evanses appear to tell me that "LMAO IT'S JUST CAPESHIT, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT GOOBLE GABBLE GOOBLE GOBBLE GOOBLE GABBLE," as if to suggest that the reason DIsney is great and everyone else can suck a fat chode is because that is the only way you can make a capeshit movie that "works". Logan has none of those things and it works. In fact, it works better than every one of them tacky Marvel quipfests. That entire argument has now become invalid and nobody can say dick about that.

>stop liking what i don't like

lol so much anger just because most people won't do what he says

Just binged watched this movie.
It feels like a dramatic end to wolverine but more so a cash grab by extending wolverine to another film or two while making future mutants with loli wolverine.

Lmao
>tfw my current job employment history is limo driver and elder care facility.
Super relatable. I'm basically wolverine

>talks about characters being relatable or not
>talks about struggling to come to terms with fatherhood

girl detected

No, none of that is accurate. You are just a stupid person with stupid opinions. How did you get so stupid, you stupid little man.

>screams stupid four times because accurate truth hurts most people won't stop liking what i don't like

lol so much anger

That was a very bad post. I didn't scream. I didn't even speak. Now please stop liking movies that are bad. Everyone else wants to watch good movies, but you keep giving them money to make bad movies. You are hurting America. Please stop hurting America.