Ep. 8 promo:
youtube.com/watch?v=nTrfW47kz1w

Season One recap (with cats):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ivej0OW7WZk

Season Two title sequence:
youtube.com/watch?v=-yzuv3rqHfw

Syfy homepage: syfy.com/theexpanse

Belter creole guide: expanse.wikia.com/wiki/Belter_Creole

Wiki: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expanse_(TV_series)

Vaccuum sucks, belter miner don't care.

HDTV is the worst version there is?

btw, is there a webm where his uncle shows how to fuck the system?
just rewatching s1 made me realize he throw the rocks to the martian police.

but he shouldn't die in the process.... didn't tycho station saved him as well? why not?

The uncle died. The Martian patrol ship zapped his ship. Diogo was left floating in space where presumably he got picked up so Miller could mercilessly constantly rib him about his space-virginity.

Wonder if Mars will ever disclose its drug problem with the rest of the system?

fyi Babylon 5 came up with the term, to space someone.

Expanse is uber shit.

What a shitshow of an episode.

If they cant get her suit feed working by next episode this series is officially dead. Like literally everyone knows that it is a protomolecule monster that killed everyone, just show us it already.

Someone who remembers the books better, did it take Bobbie this long to remember? As far as I remember she could formulate what happened pretty soon, it was just that fixing the antique suit took some time so they got proof.

Why does this series need so many niggers?

>I've only watched babbies first scifi show

The term 'spacing someone' has been around since Clarke, Asimov, Herbert, et al.

Should rename this 'The Dawes Episode.' he's just roaming around Tycho buttering them all up: Fred, Drummer, Naomi, and even Diogo. The man just does not stop.

They're stretching out the events on Ganymede it looks like. I got the impression from the book that the whole breakdown-of-society thing there took place over a week and change. If they're only just dispatching the Roci there now it's going to take much longer.

i guess bc it's MADE IN AMERICA

im glad he is getting some episodes dedicated to him, i loved him in fringe

It also needs lots of gays like every other show that comes out. Reminds me of Defiance where everyone was a low-key faggot because of ark-tech or something.

Next ep looks good, I hope they save the cute Asian kid ;_;

i just want to see the damn ayylmaolecule monster doing his thing...

Tonight's big budget blowout sequence. Cut out all the bits of Alex tapping touchscreens and Naomi looking suspiciously reluctant.

More Dawes is always welcome, I'm glad we're getting more. Love that oily fuck.

niggerniggerniggerniggernigger

based "altrightpussieswhocryabouteverything"poster

Good episode. I love that Dawes is back. He can carry episodes like Miller did. I also liked muh Reen showed a little emotion beyond anger and that Naomi is expressing more conflicting interest with Holden instead of being his lap dog.

I appreciate the work you do, user. Yours is not a thankless job.

It's just Adderall.

In the books;
Bobbie knew all along about the monster. The Martians believe her, because they just look at her suit guncam footage and see she's telling the truth. Earth also knows, because they have loads of orbital footage of the battle happening.

Honestly all the pointless tension in the show compared to the books kinda annoys me. There's already enough intrigue and suspense without having to make up extra stupid shit.

Never read the books and the series is doing fine from my perspective. Sucks to be a bookfag I guess.

I really don't think we are going to see the proto soldier tearing through marines. Moving the virtual camera around CGI boxes in empty space and showing explosions is one thing, having a CGI humanoid tearing though the armor of live actors is quite another. Better to just show the aftermath to save money.

Someone needs to kill that Bobbie bitch. Who the fuck does she think she is acting all cocky towards Earthers?

I understand now why we had that silly side plot about the Martian marines before. I thought it was a stupidly useless plot line that didn't lead anywhere that did more to showcase the inability of those extras to act than to establish any grounds for further development. But now I understand it was to build them up such that the emotion Bobbie feels for their loss feels more real. The CGI tears would have meant very little if her team hadn't been the least bit fleshed out.

>like space and stuff
>the expanse comes out
>like every characters is shitskin

this show is so gay

>not shipping a bunch of cheap union-less Africans into space to work your space silver mines
You wouldn't last a day as the head of a metanat.

>tfw ywn interrogate a space qt under the influence of space amphetamines

Weird how many actors in this show I recognise cause of their voice acting work. First we had Adam Jensen, who got assimilated in Eros, and also this guy who played Nick in Left4Dead2.
And I'm pretty sure I've recognised more but I've forgotten

Is this show worth watching?

forgot pic

It' worth watching if you 3 of the following are true:
>You enjoyed a single episode of any SyFy original.
>You enjoy political machinations.
>You enjoy realism in your science fiction.
>You enjoy space battles.
>You enjoy space in general.

So we got ayy lmaos now ?

>You are Benny.

so I'm halfway through book two and finally ahead of the show
so am I right thinking the protomolecule is essentially building a star gate/wormhole engine/star travel device on venus?

Wow, you should spare yourself some embarrassment and delete this.

Can Mr webm maker also do one of Bobbie taking the focus drugs, please? Was awesome to finally get more of the experience from the users viewpoint shown.

fucking filler episode :(

Fred Johnson's actor played Coach in L4D2.

he doesn't even look old enough to be her commanding officer.

>Earth ships fire first
>destroy their own mirror
>lose the battle "decisively"
>debris kills 3k of their colonists

So this is the power of UN Navy. Whoa...

Why did he take the pill? does it see if they lie? it looked like she lied.
The pony tail martian also did it to the mains

Pills sharpen their senses. A lot.

Space grade martian amphetamines. The thing they give to ADHD kids but x100 potency.

why give that to a half dead fatty

gimme your best Drummers

well compared to the book the ayy factor is at 0% in the show
at least in the book the monster is only one thing compared to the whole of venus doing some ayy shit and everyone's looking into it

Where did our boy Amos go all episode?

if it were book Amos he'd be in the whorehouse
I don't like how they are trying to spell it out for the dummies in the show that he had some troubled past. Nowadays you just can't have a cool as a cucumber character without some heavy handed drama thrown in.

I don't think that type of character would stay interesting in a long running show like this, doesn't hurt to add a little back story and depth

also could they have gotten a bigger faggot to play Holden

yeah, at least he finally stopped sounding like as if he was about to burst into tears
this ep he's been more useless than naomi, which was shocking

also, when's Prax

It was a necessary episode so no, it's not Goku and Piccolo learning how to drive.

Holy fuck, I would never have made that connection

Earthers don't give a shit about Ganymede, it doesn't feed them.

>Hey You-toob

It doesn't feed Mars either. But both have colonies and outposts in the region.

Did this mirror catastrophe even happen in the book? If I did my math right geostationary orbit is inside Ganymede. That means the mirrors had to be one of the Lagrange points. I don't have the time to figure out how to do the math right now.

It just seems unlikely that the mirror debris would so suddenly destroy the dome before they could prepare.

>redpill.webm

>also, when's Prax

That's what I want to know. gib prax bro now, reee

PRAX!

What's there to prepare for? Mirror is a couple thousands tons of metal and glass raining down. Even if it missed dome there's the shockwave from all that mass enough to maybe pop the bubble.

That happened in the books aswell.

In the books it takes many hours for the mirror shards to fall, only really allowing time for people to evacuate the domes.
But the big problem wasn't the impact itself, it's what the impact caused: complete destruction of their food harvest & delicate ecosystem, leading to wide-spread famine.

The mirrors destroy the domes but pretty much everyone is evacuated underground beforehand. In the books what kills most of the people is the ensuring humanitarian crisis and lack of food.

They're really slow-burning this part of the season, aren't they? Which strikes me odd because Caliban's War was such a page-turner.
At this rate they'll barely make it halfway through the events of the books.

Same thing with GoT. It's much easier to watch now that there is no book to reference to. Season 1 was basicly the book at verbatim so nobody complained but with the diverging storylines things had to be changed. Bookfags couldn't handle it.

Book spoilers, obviously

Bobbie knew about the monster all along, and so did the MCRN, who saw her gun-cam footage, and the UNN knew as well, but Bobbie was the only living witness.

Generally speaking, things get rolling a lot quicker in the book because there's a sense of urgency regarding the Ganymede Incident. The show is trying to up the tension and slowly build towards something.
Problem is, the event they're building up to (which I won't go over) isn't exactly a good season finale, since the book's pacing is a lot better and the events & timing makes more sense.

>shockwave
>space
how fucking stupid are you

You see THAT makes sense. Once again the TV adaptation screws things up for the sake of brevity.

>What is the ground

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

It was a misunderstanding, my dudes. Calm thine tits (male).

>shit episode
>shit actress

Are you kidding me? He's more well known for playing Cutty in the Wire and Tyreese in Walking Dead.

fugg gotta read fast
although book 2 is a much quicker read than book 1
that double chin is the most grevious offence

Sexy gurl

>HOL UP

*smacks lips*

>SO YOU BE SAYIN

Did she betray my nigga Fred

fucking sluts

>WE WUZ MARZ AN SHIT?

>being mad that there are black people in space

I bet you're a lot of fun to be around

How new does an user have to be to still find this meme funny?

her and julayy lmao
2 better looking hapas in a long time

not that guy, but maybe niggos have an advantage in space, blending in with the background?

Miller and Holden are both useless cucks. Praise Amos and Naomi ok not detective faghawk and budget rob stark

I'm not new, I just hate that they turned a good story into a shitshow.

why wouldn't there be black people in space? there are quite a lot of them on this planet

book miller was miles better and his motivation was way clearer
in the show him falling for julie didn't feel grounded, more like something plot required him to become so he did

holden is goody two shoes in way over his head. In show, where they can only show instead of telling what's in his mind he comes across as useless and whiny.

Naomi is pure useless rockhopping belter monkey who would betray her captain fo da belt

Amos is cool

Alex has more of a character than in the book, which is kinda cool. I'm liking him being more than just a pilotman

Avasarala is getting cornier each time she appears somehow, she's meant to be kind of a big deal in the UN but lately she's been lacking the air of that status

Fred dindu nothing

Dawes is a cunt.

Black countries can't even launch satellites, and probably never will be able to. Why would white countries allow them to pollute space?

well at least india has a space program
superpower by 2020

These are astronauts from a "white" country. They are a minority, and so is their number of astronauts smaller. In the show, they try to make it look like every african shithole has a space program and is seeding the belt and Mars with niggers. Literal hollyjew propaganda.

>implying race is in anyway relevant to the story

Yes, surely anyone who casts black actors for a science fiction show must be acting in collusion with the perfidious Hebraic contingency