Alien: Covenant – The Engineers Didn’t Create the Xenomorphs

>In an interview with Collider (via IBT), Scott discussed the nature of Alien: Covenant, and why now is the right time to answer a question that has bothered fans since the original released over 30 years ago:

>“It shouldn’t have really ended, so we’ve come back with a very simple idea: Who made them? [Alien] was just about there it is; it exists. And this is what it is…

>So we’ve reinvented the idea of Alien, I think, which is that Covenant gets us a step closer to who and why was this thing designed to make human beings. And if you think it’s them [the Engineers], you’re dead wrong.”

I swear if he has David make the Aliens I am done

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zv6hLkZWvzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

????

Thats not an Alien apparently, and we will never know what the fuck it was

>retconning a vital part of a classic movie so you can make some more jewbux

These are truly the end times.

>I swear if he has David make the Aliens I am done
cant be that unless they come out and say predator 2 and the avp movies are not cannon. aliens are an old race older than humans they might not have existed as we know them (the black one) because humans werent there for the facehuggers to turn humans into the iconic aliens they had to have at least existed before humans

Daily Reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=Zv6hLkZWvzY

>and we will never know what the fuck it was
What's there to know? It's a xeno that burst out of an Engineer.

The plagueship found on LV-426 was ancient. The 20 foot tall jockey was fossilized.

If David made the xenomorphs this will be worse than black goo and midichlorians.

that alien mutated into an alien mountain in the comic

It was the wheat all along!

who even gives a shit about the alien mythology anymore? the mystery is what made the very first movie so cool, now it's all fucked up

so noen of this shit matters at all anymore? Christ AVP has better linearity and is actually a more redeeming franchise at this point. There has not been a good Alien movie since 3, and even that was a stretch.

he's gone senile and crazy

>insists on pursuing the space jockey origin despite a pretty lukewarm interest in that story and fucks it all up
>no gonna delve into the creature lore and will probably fuck that up too

Bishop is going to be next bros.

Fucking this.

Thats called a Deacon

The Divine Engineers, who created the regular engineers also created the aliens

Just how "pre" was Prometheus?

>There has not been a good Alien movie since 3, and even that was a stretch.
Resurrection > 3
They're both shit though.

I'm calling the Predators created them, with Predator of Suburbia coming in 2018, Ridley will not loose the opportunity to make some shekels

>Look it up
>Its real
>and theres a fucking predator and something from john carter

Wtf

neither are as good as one or two, but Resurrection was utterly awful. Just Whedon showing he has no idea how much camp is too much camp.

It actually look more interesting than what we have now

>who and why was this thing designed to make human beings

hes not talking about who made the alien, he literally says its about who made humans

i hate comic books so fucking much goddamit

Ok bros, help me decide:

>go pay money to see this in the theater
>spend the money on Alien:Isolation instead

What do?

3 special edition is good.

Only held back by shitty CGi, luckily is less than 1 minute on screen.

there able to get away with shit that wouldn't fly in other areas

are we talking about that the Engineer didnt create the whole concept that the thing grows inside you and comes out, and has stages as it matures

Or that they didnt make the black goo that causes them to exist?

I feel like this was a throw away. the aliens could have existed before this, and this was just a variation that occurred here. hence the alien like mural earlier in the film

I really don't care about another movie in the alien franchise. Prometheus was good because it was in the same franchise but took it to novel territories. I rea

both the game is good and the movie no matter what is still a fucking new alien movie

who the fk is david again

I hate Joss Whedon as much as the next guy but Resurrection is the kind of schlock that can be entertaining when you're smashed or with mates. Because 3 exist it underplays how bad Resurrection is because at that point nothing matters anyway.

3 was so insulting bad it makes me want to die. You cannot appreciate it in any way. It was bad on its own and it also fucked everything up.

Prometheusfags will defend this.

Hi James Cameron, any other movie to turn into mildless action shit?

android from Prometheus

ah yeah, Im not good with names

whats the reasoning behind it then? How wouldve he made them?

he didn't make them see

Yes yes, all very good, but what was Weyland Yutani's tax policy?

14.7 % more on aliens

>guys, uh, what do we do with this fanservicy piece of shit that shouldn't even exist in canon? I only attached it at the end for some extra shekels and didn't plan to actually use it
>no worries senpai we'll just morph it into some stupidity with underpaid amateur comic book artists

Same. God damn I just hate the half-assed expanded universes in general.

>here's a shitty movie
>fuck we didn't even had a sequel in mind but let's just cash in on it
>in the meantime read all these novels, mobile games and shitty comics made by some uninterested art degree college drop outs just to know what the fuck is happening in the sequel

Worst offender is Disney with the new Star Wars. They removed fucking everything from previous SW EU and are now shoving shit back in with fucking novels. Like Finn being a buttbuddy with that traitor Stormtrooper.

>needing to plan months ahead for a trip to the movie theater

Get a job, faggot. Both of those things together will only cost you like $30

is that taxed at source?

Alien Isolation is 6 bucks on steam most of the time. Try g2a or kinguin

disconnected mindless action > franchise destroying pretentious bollocks

This

Resurrection is a "so shitty it's fun" b-movie. Alien 3 is like getting kicked in the balls.

I just assumed he was buying on console

Here's what I'm not getting, aren't the xenos supposed to take DNA from their hosts?

In AVP Req we see the Predator Alien, in the toys you always see aliens like pic related....

It seems like the only truly consistent aspect to their nature are the queens and the facehuggers.

Do people really play first person games on consoles? How the fuck can you aim on a joystick?

bull alien

>predator 2 and the avp movies are not cannon
Theyre not and never were

Agreed.

I wish I still had these magazines, but I remember reading after Aliens there was a bunch of Alien films planned.

Newt was going to take over from Ripley as the lead after Alien 3 or so, Earth would have been involved and a whole bunch of other shit I can't remember because it was like 30 years ago or something.

Killing Newt and Hicks off was a mistake and a real kick in the balls.

>I swear if he has David make the Aliens I am done- 50 posts and 6 image replies shown.

makes sense, that's how Weyland-Yutani in the future knows about the xenomorphs and wants the Nostromo to bring one back

>and theres a fucking predator and something from john carter
So does this mean Predators exist in Alien universe? Didn't Ridley Scott hate AVP?

But they are in reality

xenos do take dna like you said to change there form the neomorph in the upcoming movie is probably the alien that existed before humans existed

Yea my understanding too, the alien in the third one was a smaller faster thing wasn't it? Because it grew inside the dog no?

After Prometheus I officially can't give a fuck about this franchise's canon. Also see for fuck's sake.

yes

The facehuggers dont attack anything that isnt human, its only designed to latch onto humanoid faces, i dont know what your comics and gay toys are about

>It's a the wrong Scott brother died episode

IS THAT MOTHERFUCKING BATMAN?

Yes, several super heros have fought aliens, including Green Lantern taking on a whole hive by himself.

So this is capekino now?

Yes, but what a xenomorph born from a batman would look like?

Regular Xenomorph but with Batman mask.

Except for the Dog in Aliens 3 right? Fuck off sperg lord.

Here's a snake Alien hybrid from a venom spitting cobra, that burrows underground, use's its tail to strike, spits venom acid, and has a wicked yellow/black/green color scheme.

the toys are not cannon but face huggers have always be able to latch onto other species other than humans

Since Batman is a human, a regular Xeno I guess?

It's really easy:

1. Facehugger inseminates living creature
2. Xenomorph baby grows inside living creature and uses some of its DNA
3. Xenomorph variant bursts out of creature

Humans as hosts produce the stuff we see in Alien 1, 2, 3 and 4
Dogs make little weird ones as seen in Alien 3
Engineers produce Deacons
(maybe not canon): Predators -> Predalien (what a stupid name)

>a movie that isnt the original Alien

capeshit tier fanfiction tard

>it's a "Ridley Scott is a senile hack who has no idea what the fuck he is doing is likely making shit up as he goes along" episode

Prometheus was shit and this is looking to be mediocre at best, he's going full Lucas.

Some of these variants were created by WY trying to weaponize the genome. For example.

Mantis can jump 90 feet, probably the fastest of all variants, but not very durable.

but the engineer in Prometheus wasn't inseminated by a facehugger

>Predalien
they are canon theirs been one of them in movies, games, and comics

He does, and both him and Cameron ripped them apart.

i kek'd

The deacon/squid is a prototype, not the actual thing. The facehugger was created as a biowep to wipe out humans, and only humans

Fuck you're right.

That blue squid facehugger thing is weird. Maybe it's a different species of the same genus (did I use that right)?

>theirs

I'll get stoned for spoiling but the aliens engineered the engineers as servile race.

the alien was created by god, but human sins destroy it purity and black goo

Because it's not 1995 anymore you autist

fps on a pad are shit

The Alien is a more evolved form of human being,

You think they are monsters devoid of thought when in fact they are just homo sapiens evolved to a tenfold.

Did you just call me gay?

Calm down gramps they're fine

What is a neomorph?

A homo what now?

*blocks your path*

We all homo for assbender

It's not even a shooter. It's not like you'll need to properly aim a gun at the xenomorph.

Do not know. I can say it's two more films after this so we won't know much from this one either other than seeing what comes from the back, bursting its way.

Where the fuck are you getting your info from? Because non of that was explained in any film

Xenomorph isn't even the scariest thing in that game.

If that motherfucker streetches its arms and cries "mama" in a childish tone, I'm gonna scream at the theather.

i feel like their tail would come out of their head