Tell me again this film isn't kino?

>like holy hell, Snyder. One year on and people still making discoveries.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5lGoQhFb4NM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hate Snyder so fucking much.

The kino we need, but not the one we deserve. I can't wait to see how future generations will worship Snyders work the way kids today do to Kubrick.

People hate what they don't understand.

Whoa............

>symbolism so deep only neckbeards can appreciate it

I wish I was smart enough to understand snyder's work

It isn't kino
You're just completely underexposed to cinema
now picture related? this is kino in its purest form

didn't bruce say it was a fake

That's pretty cool. No idea why people have to act pissy about it.

JAJA DCKINO

ZACK SNYDER
DICK LOVER

>heavy overuse of symbolism is considered as a positive factor

sure thing buddy

And then, Snyder choose this to play Wonder Woman

Love muscle guys and hated women with tits and ass

How can Snyder even compete with Marvel?

>No idea why people have to act pissy about it.
Cause it's basically visual symbolism 101, Snyders approach is embarrassingly heavy handed and he throws shit like this in awful movies about cartoon heroes meant for 12 years old
That is not to undermine your knowledge in all honesty, everyone starts somewhere, I unironically recommend you watching Hitchcock and Welles for starters if you want to see actual cool shit like this, great fucking movies too.

>literal ERECTION

is this real?

>he throws shit like this

he didn't do it on purpose

There really is no need to discredit that, his capeshits are full of this kinda shit, it's just anything but subtle and says nothing which makes it kinda boring to say the least.
Baffles me how someone who is supposedly so in to symbolism could fuck up and miss the most obvious things about Watchmen really.

Lana Lang Cameo In BvS [Clark's Friend From MoS]!!!

trying too hard

Here's a quote about symbolism from Tarkovsky himself:

>"I am an enemy of symbols. Symbol is too narrow a concept for me in the sense that symbols exist in order to be deciphered. An artistic image on the other hand is not to be deciphered, it is an equivalent of the world around us. Rain in Solaris is not a symbol, it is only rain which at certain moment has particular significance to the hero. But it does not symbolise anything. It only expresses. This rain is an artistic image. People always try to find "hidden" meanings in my films. But wouldn't it be strange to make a film while striving to hide one's thoughts? An image cannot be a symbol in my opinion. Whenever an image is turned into a symbol, the thought becomes walled in so to speak, it can be fully deciphered. A symbol contains within itself a definite meaning. An image — as opposed to a symbol — is indefinite in meaning. One cannot speak of the infinite world by applying tools that are definite and finite"

I was being genuine but wow you really showed me what that informative and well thought out post damn

Why does the genre being for 12 year olds make the image in the OP bad? It's really weird how pissy you're acting.

It's bit misguided to throw stuff like this to kids movies
Imagine the same scene with shrek reflection and the display piece being onion

kek

It tries to be multiple things at once.

All out symbolism and heavy themes and then fucking email characters setups and quips while a big end of the world CGI monster terrorizes the city. It's just all over the place.

idk why that makes you dislike the shot but aight

Is this the part where DC fans sperg about how great the Le Mort imagery is even though it made no Fucking sense?

gonna need source on every single kino in that pic pal

kek'd. I will remember to use this example on future ocasions

really makes you think

I only see flicks here, try getting better taste

Just because Marvel movies make no sense, there's almost no unique flair or allusions, doesn't mean OP's picture makes no sense.

A man's descent into madness, Bruce's reflection, Bruce turns mad. Are you a fucking retarded person?

What is exactly this "madness" that Alexander allegedly fell into? I am curious.

I guess Welles was a hack too? Huh, Snyder haters?

So deep...

>Cause it's basically visual symbolism 101
Which puts him out far ahead of most american directors.

i love snyder so much, this man has done what Nolan could not, he made superhero movies for smart people, movies that actually make you think.

You wanna play ball, entry level? You'll be back on Sup Forums begging him to come here and protect your imdb sensibilities

absolutely based, snyderfags BTFO

She looks the part in the trailers though.

youtube.com/watch?v=5lGoQhFb4NM

No, people fear what they don't understand. People hate what they've come to understand.

Wait Alexander the Great descended into madness?

>tfw no more tarkovsky meme threads

God this fucking 3x3 no name for the still meme needs to fucking die

yes.

By the end of it he thought he was a God
Then again, so would anyone if they conquered a third of asia starting as a minor kingdom in greece

That hack ripoff Mad Love (1935) for Citizen Kane.

>newfag detected

a total QT with great screen presence?

true

DEEPEST

You guys act like if it's too "easy" then it's bad.

Then you guys act like if it's too hidden, then it's also bad.

This simple shot doesn't detract from the film, but it adds depth and complexity for those who wish to dig and analyze, as all great films have their directors planning every shot.

people hate what they fear

The movie isn't bad because of symbolism. It's bad because it has terrible plot and writing.

fear leads to hate, idiot

It's a scene shot with glass cases. There are going to be reflections. The word is from 300. Zach was paying homage to himself not trying to make a deep connection between an inanimate object and a person in the background.

Nobody's acting anything. We're just calling it what it is.

trips of truth

>alexander
>slipping into madness
What

>doesn't know about the siege of Tyre

>aLEXander
>it refers to Batma not to LEX luthor going mad

woah, what a garbage movie

BvS is a bad movie.

Hey did you know that gal galdot is a jew?

thats not even an argument

> Zach was paying homage to himself not trying to make a deep connection between an inanimate object and a person in the background.

IDK how you can think that when the rest of the movie makes a point on saying Batman is going mad, in the same way Lex (ALEXANDER) is. Like you idiots who just say "none of the symbolism is connected or means anything because I say so!!!!" are the most autistic idiots ever.

Why don't people put the names of the films underneath? I wanna watch these kinos man

unironically this

don't you know?
let me fill you in on a secret: the trick to 3x3s is to find the most obscure old films and post them

the game is not being called out
you see, if someone asks what one of the films is, then they out themselves as an uneducated pleb
>he hasn't seen Holy Mountain
But, if a newfag (or someone pretending to be a newfag) asks anyway, then suddenly the original poster has to prove that they actually:
a. remember the films they posted
b. that they can talk about the films they posted (ie. that they saw them)

So the very obscure 3x3s are essentially elaborate bluffs it seems. Except the people that actually care will watch at most ten obscure foreign language films from the last 70 years so that they don't have to worry about being called out on their films
And, when faced with other anons' 3x3s, the new game is to call anyone a pleb if you can identify the majority of films present. The less films that you can identify, the more patrician that poster is.

The real game is finding obscure b-movies from the last 5 years, putting them in black and white and posting them to out these pseudo-cinephile plebs

lol no

No it doesn't exist just because I say so. It doesn't exist because people are over analyzing tenuous "parallels" to the plot.

The movie is like a Ben Garrison comic

would you argue that Ben's comics are witty or well executed? They sure have a lot of labels and 'symbolism' though. Does that mean it's high quality?

Not an argument.

That's actually pretty cool, I wish the movies had more clever symbolism instead of LMAO SUPERMAN A JESUS literally shoved in your fucking face. I also wish the movies didn't shove retarded shit like flash from the future (no one I saw the movie with understood what the fuck that was). I wish it didn't force Batman and Superman into a conflict they could have avoided by taking a second to talk. I wish learning both their mother's names were martha wasn't literally the only thing that made them best friends. I wish they didn't do the death of superman this fucking early. I wish they didn't shove the justice league in there for no reason other than they can't be arsed to give them their own movies to set up the universe. I just WISH it was good, I really do. I liked Ben as Batman, and I don't hate Henry as Superman, but they make Superman into such a cold piece of shit that I just can't sympathise with him. At least we have the animated DC universe, at least they care.

why dc fans are so autistic?

she looks a part

Are you trying to say Ben Garrison comics aren't pure kino?

>LMAO SUPERMAN A JESUS
for the billionth time,
>a. considering everyone missed it until it was screenshot'd and posted all over the internet, this is barely valid as a complaint
>b. the point of the symbolism was that he's not Jesus, which everyone still somehow misses

for fuck's sake
everyone fucking has an opinion on entry level symbolism that they still misinerpret

What does that have to do with the king Arthur imagery (see; le mort de arthur) being used when the story has nothing to do with the tale in anyway?

>You just don't get it marvelcuuuuuck!

This will happen.