en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Portuguese_Alliance
youtube.com/watch?v=phOoNN4HFDw&t=14s
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJ5MvxpWa0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusitanian_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viriatus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who is your Spainfu?

FIRST ONE TO TALK GETS TO STAY ON MY PENINSULA

Tell me about Spain, why do they have the Basque?

TELL ME ABOUT ETA

WHY DO THEY WEAR THE MASKS?

Uh, you don't get to bring amigos...

First Spaniard to get dubs wins back Gibraltar.

That's a big country

>Spain

¿Dónde está el Baño?

Are they, like the biggest fans of the snow troopers from Empire Strikes Back or what? They are, aren't they?

Pro te

Wtf? I love Spain now

>mfw I can play as based basques in csgo

m8 that is creepy as fuck

why did spain never conquer portugal
those borders untidy as fuck

Kino?

They tried.

they were preoccupied getting cucked by the moors

stuff from that time period is amazing
is this a TV show in Spanish?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Portuguese_Alliance

Sometimes they tried, sometimes they succeeded, others not

I wish she didnt just have two decent films in her whole entire filmography.

Isabel has 3 seasons.Pretty neat.Then there is a film that is absolute kino that is a secuel to the series.Ignore Carlos.It is absolute dogshit
youtube.com/watch?v=phOoNN4HFDw&t=14s

Well done to Poortugal for keeping back Spain then

I refuse to call it anything else than Baetica.

Crossing that border was (and to some extent still is) logistical nightmare. Same reason why Italy has border where it is. Mountains are natural place for borders.

You stole my maymay buddy.

>girl on the lefts look of disgust
Nice

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJ5MvxpWa0

>the basqued man

Shouldn't this be part of portugal?

Did ancient Portuguese use these mountains to fuck over the Romans?

Also Timecrimes is Spanish Kino

Not exactly how it went.
In fact previous the Moor invasion it wasn't even a country, and after the invasion it was under the Kingdom of Leon.

Not for the jews!

>Poortugal

Galicia is it's own Kingdom and so is Leon to the right of it.

Not really.
That's Galicia and together with what's now Portugal was under the control of the Kingdom of Leon.

me llamo seh ee ah

>Plebs still haven't watched the series about Peter cruel

If I remove all the jews will you die?

Then why are they part of Spain? They should just split this country into 3 or 4 then with the other regions. I doubt Spain need Barcelona that much.

Thanks for the recommend. Is Carlos another movie?

Navarra, Leon, Galicia, Castille. These all make up Spain. There are probably more I am not remembering. It is like England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales making up United Kingdom except Castille made all the other Kings bend the knee unlike England who could not make Scotland or Ireland do that.

That pic is pretty old.

>Is Carlos another movie?
It is a TV series that revolves around the life of Charles the V and Cortés.The only bits that are decent are the ones in which Cortés messes with the Aztecs

Same way USA is now a country, they joined back in the times of Isabel and Fernando more or less after the reconquista. A common enemy does wonders.

catalonia?

Catalonia is not Spain.

But from what I hear they don't much care for Spain itself.

>The only bits that are decent are the ones in which Cortés messes with the Aztecs

I'd watch it for that alone. Are these series and movies made with national pride? In these were made in the UK it would be about how the Reconquista was bad, the Inquisition was horrific, etc

What are some Spanish films that aren't shit?

Yeah. They pioneered mountain guerilla warfare to beat (for a little while) the romans
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusitanian_War

Timecrimes lad

Did you see this guy on Barbarians Rising?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viriatus

I knew what you were speaking of seemed familiar.

Blame Franco for that, nowadays being pround of being Spanish, any sign of patriotism, is seen by the left as being a fascist like Franco. Though when our national team plays everybody is Spanish as fuck, hypocrites I tell you.

Crown of Castille was formed by:
>The kingdom of Castile
>The kingdom of Leon
>The kingdom of Galicia
>The kingdom of Toledo
>The kingdom of Murcia
>The kingdom of Jaen
>The kingdom of Murcia
>Kingdom of Sevilla
>Kingdom of Canarias
>Kingdom of Granada
>The kingdom of indies
>The kingdom of Navarra
>The barony of viscay
The crown of Aragon was formed by
>The kingdom of Aragon
>The kingdom of Valencia
>The principality of Catalonia
>The kingdom of Mallorca
>The kingdom of Sicily
>The kingdom of Naples

yes. they even speak portuguese, sort of

they did, but the romans bribed the general's bodyguards to kill him in his sleep

yet another thing portuguese-made named after the spiciards. same shit with the whole discoveries. the portuguese started 60 years earlier and invented the lateen sail

Try the Iberian Union, my friend

>Are these series and movies made with national pride?
They are pretty objective desu.They don't treat muslims as innocent light beings that dindu nuffin wrong and show both faces of the comflict.

>Catalonia is not Spain
>Be the Kingdom of Aragon
>Want Leon and Castille dosh like crazy
>Marry Isabel
>Enjoy money and lands
>Even by today standards they get more than what they give
>"We want out!"
Kek, nobody force them to join

How do most Spaniards view Franco?

The Spanish king inherited the Portuguese crown, though. He didn't conquer Portugal and it was always a separate entity that shared a king (hence iberian union and not spain)

He did defend it as his own against 3 major naval powers, though, but then they got kicked out 60 years later when they did try and make it all the same country.

>He didn't conquer Portugal

That's too many crowns m8

Ha yeah that was it! Good show that. Not particularly in depth but it covered the events well and made them entertaining

2 crowns.Lots of kingdoms

This shit again. He defended Portugal (he had like 4/5hts of Portugal supporting him) against 1/5th of Portugal and 3 other major naval battles.

That was just defending his own stuff, not conquering.

Notice the date - it's after the union itself. It was inherited and defended (with the help of Portuguese), not conquered.

>major naval battles
meant major naval powers.

It was impressive defence to be sure, but it wasn't an attack on Portugal. He had popular support, because the fact that the Spanish king had a Portuguese mother and spoke Portuguese.

Thanks I'll check it out.

From what I know, the youngest generation hate him, the older generation is pretty split, and the generation older than that will shit on his grave.

>This shit again. He defended Portugal (he had like 4/5hts of Portugal supporting him) against 1/5th of Portugal and 3 other major naval battles.
Stop making numbers up.Crato had the support of most of Portugal except Lisbon+France+England+the Dutch.

>Catalonia
>Not Spain

lel what does the catalonian's password say? what laws do they follow? lel

Crazy how much this thread has taken off. Just a simple bane joke and now we're discussing ancient military warfare

Old people fucking love Franco.Even commies tell you
>Life with Franco was much better

>Most of Portugal except Lisbon
Yeah, which had all the naval commanders and nobility and the ships. Only Porto had a few that traded with the English and Coimbra had the intellectuals. The rest was essentially empty.

The union began in 1580, the battle happened afterwards in 1582. He was defending and had help from the major Portuguese Naval lords.

Depends on the zone, that's why the opinions are very split
Also I think is more like
>Franco's times weren't that bad