My ancestors :)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Battle_of_Acentejo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_the_Iberian_Peninsula#North_African_influence
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good for you

CHI

t. shitskin

these guys were seriously superhuman. how do you conquer ancient civilizations numbering in the millions with only a few hundred men? not since Alexander had the world seen such excellence

CHI

the land of my ancestors :)

my ancestors :)

superior moor blood

Diseases killed most of them. Also, in the case of the Aztecs, it was more like 1,000-2,000 Spanish troops helping one side in a native civil war- everyone else hated the Aztecs. In places where neither of these two things were true (disease killing 90% of the population + giant army waiting to knock over the enemy sitting right there), things were considerably more difficult. For example, even with rifles, artillery, and machine guns it took 20,000 soldiers and thousands of casualties for the 19th century British to conquer the Zulu, who were in every way a weaker and less advanced empire than the Aztecs or Inca.

They had Old World diseases that the natives had never encountered and had no resistance to; they had horses, iron armor, and guns; and most importantly, they had literally thousands of native allies who wanted the Aztecs gone and saw Cortez and his men as their best bet for getting rid of them. Also the Spaniards were tricky, treacherous, conniving, and had literally zero qualms about lying, manipulating, betraying, going back on deals, and doing literally anything necessary to get what they wanted no matter how immoral. They didn't play by any rules because they were dealing with pagans and as far as they were concerned, rules only applied when dealing with fellow Christians.

The Zulus were equipped with modern weapons mate

>how do you conquer ancient civilizations numbering in the millions with only a few hundred men?
By having the Tlaxcala do the fighting for you.

It was all about alliances with the natives and disease.
But the conquistadors themselves would have say that they were indeed superhumans. Jared Diamond would say it was all about techonological (and european) superiority

They had a few rifles with them, but only a few, and no idea how to maintain or aim them. The vast majority of their soldiers were just dudes with spears and hide shields, and they're the ones who gave the lobsterbacks so much trouble.

>"The generality of Zulu warriors, however, would not have firearms – the arms of a coward, as they said, for they enable the poltroon to kill the brave without awaiting his attack."

Worth noting that a much less advanced society than the Incas or Aztecs (literally Stone Age) managed to slaughter a Spanish force of 1,200 (complete with horses, plate armor, guns, and cannons) sent to occupy their tiny island:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Battle_of_Acentejo

>Arriving at Cajamarca on 15 November 1532, Pizarro had a force of just 110 foot soldiers, 67 cavalry, three arquebuses and two falconets. He sent Hernando Pizarro and de Soto to meet with Atahualpa in his camp. Atahualpa agreed to meet Pizarro in his Cajamarca plaza fortress the next day. Fray Vincente de Valverde and native interpreter Felipillo approached Atahualpa in Cajamarca's central plaza. After the Dominican friar expounded the "true faith" and the need to pay tribute to the Emperor Charles V, Atahualpa replied, "I will be no man's tributary." His complacency, because fewer than 200 Spanish remained, as opposed to his 50,000-man army, of which 6,000 accompanied him to Cajamarca, sealed his fate and that of the Inca empire

>Atahualpa's refusal led Pizarro and his force to attack the Inca army in what became the Battle of Cajamarca on 16 November 1532. The Spanish were successful. Pizarro executed Atahualpa's 12-man honor guard and took the Inca captive at the so-called Ransom Room. By February 1533, Almagro had joined Pizarro in Cajamarca with an additional 150 men with 50 horses

>Pizarro
>Not the absolute madman

my ancestors :)

Breakdown on Cortez's Spaniards:

He had 518 infantry, 16 horsemen, and 13 men with arquebuses when he set out. That's well-documented in his ship logs. After subverting de Narváez's men, he had 1,300+ in Tenochtitlan, meaning he gained ~800 soldiers. After La Noche Triste, Otumba, various skirmishes, and an arduous retreat, he had 440 men left. He got reinforcements from Cuba for the siege of Tenochtitlan, at which he had ~1,200 Spanish men (900-1,300 infantry and 90-100 cavalry), meaning he gained ~760 men. Presumably he had some troops defending Veracruz during these episodes rather than every man being with him.

In conclusion, he had ~2,100-2,200 Spanish soldiers in total.

my ancestors :')

mAAAAAAAAAH the spanish conquistadores have always been celebrated for their excellence

>Muh disease
Don't forget that those guys explored everything and fought against the odds from Colorado....

..... To the Amazon jungle

by having superior castilian blood.

>be spanish
>not so good at fighting
>find ppl with sticks and stones to beat

muh superhumans

CHI

because the natives were subhumans, on par with aboriginals.

Can you imagine being a decendant of the disgusting spanish? Moorish rape babies that only cared about corruption and gold. No wonder all their former colonies are 3rd world shit holes.

How the fuck do people still not know this? It should be common knowledge by now.

>Dominated the european battlefields during the XVI and half of XVII
>Not so good at fighting
>History according to hungarians

>pic related

A combination of diseases, high morale, superior technology which made battles like Cajamarca comedy gold, exploiting the massive butthurt of natives like Tlaxcalans, and exploiting internal divisions like all empires have always done and still do.

>horsenigger education

> who were the Tercios?
I see that the eternal Anglo propaganda has taken a toll on Hungary too. Ever heard of the Counter-Armada? Exactly.

>moorish rapebabies
They were just a little group.
New's Spain Berbers comes from Andalusia ,Castilla and Extremadura the moors only come here for built churches and temples the majority of people here were exactly from Castilla.

doesnt matter, couldnt get portugal or chip away from france
mad roma

bulgaria is right, the "spanish" army in europe was just a bunch of germans/austrians, italians and walloons

I hate this board

Wrong.
The Aztecs and incas were too "bad and evil" to the other tribes of the land they get tired of always greath empires treated them like shit then they helped a lot to the spaniards to fight them.
Of course they war technology was not advanced as spniard ones

>braindamaged

Actually we did both things during the XVI century, read a damn history book fucking illiterate.

>That army was further supplemented by "an army of different nations", a reference to the fact that many of the troops were mercenaries from Germany (Landsknecht), and the Italian and Walloon territories of the Spanish Netherlands, as was characteristic of European warfare before the levies of the Napoleonic Wars. In the 16th and 17th centuries, however, the core of Spanish armies were formed by Spanish subjects, who were frequently praised by others for their cohesiveness, superiority in discipline and overall professionalism.[4]

Sure mate.

>when facts make you so butthurt you resort to attacking the poster
love making shitskins butthurt

only for a short time
id hate myself too if i was a gypsy

I'm literally 100% unadulerated Anglo. I don't even get where the gypsy thing is coming from.

Colonists and settlers came from all over Spain, there's apparently even some bit of Basque blood in modern Maya.

North African admixture in Iberia is at around 10% for the higher estimates and most of that is Phoenician/Carthaginian from a far longer earlier pressence in Iberia that wasn't as violently resisted.

>love making shitkisn butthurt
>Dominican
K

yawn you're nothing m8

indio de mierda me cago en la leche

France was kept down for almost a Century (from 1525 at Pavia until 1630) and Portugal was 60 years under the spanish union.

The were from all the peninsula I know but mostly form these provinces (Andalusia ,Castilla)
>North African admixture in Iberia is at around 10% for the higher estimates and most of that is Phoenician/Carthaginian from a far longer earlier pressence in Iberia that wasn't as violently resisted
Fake.
It's knowing that the moors were used for warrior wars and do hard works just like the blacks ,they come here and build our churches oviusly they get mixed but not so much as the Castillian ones.

Most even didn't die on battle, just yellow fever. Nice try btw. Then i did read this:

" El conflicto terminó con una victoria dominicana debido a la retirada de las tropas españolas tras las Cortes ordenar su repliegue, debido a que los costes de la guerra eran muy altos y no necesitaban el territorio"

lol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_the_Iberian_Peninsula#North_African_influence
I don't know what your dumb fuck agenda is but the fact is there was a prohibition in place to prevent Moors from travelling to the colonies and the inquisition did actively enforce it in Mexico, most crypto-Muslims ended up in the Caribean or South America.

it was a nice autistic war, too bad you didn't thought it was worth to put more effort into it

>the arms of a coward, as they said, for they enable the poltroon to kill the brave without awaiting his attack.
Based Zulus

>disease
stop spreading bullshit
Actual historian here and this is one of things that I hear so often that I dont even bother explaining how it truly was.

Our future :)

Yea people from shitholes have trouble explaining a lot.

samurai