Why do Americans go to 2nd rate universities for 4 years when they can go to community college for 2 years and have a 2...

Why do Americans go to 2nd rate universities for 4 years when they can go to community college for 2 years and have a 2 year exemption, don't have to deal with normies, can get a job and working experience, live with their parents and save money instead?

>can get a job
In your community
(((maybe)))

You realize the point of a degree is to list it on your resume that you give your employer, and that employers won't respect a community college degree?

You can skip CC if you take college classes during high school.

You can transfer to a university for a degree after that and you'll have 2 years of working experience and savings after that.

>go to 2nd rate universities for 4 years when they can go to community college for 2 years and have a 2 year exemption
Exemption from what? A degree from a institution more credible than community college?

Yes?
Doesn't an associate's let you take a 2 year university course instead of 4?

>Doesn't an associate's let you take a 2 year university course instead of 4?
An associates degree is not the same as bachelors degree. Associates degrees are all but abolished at this point. If you are talking about transferring to a university after being in community college for 2 years, its a waste. You will lose money on classes that dont transfer because of random curriculum changes that were unforeseeable.

Nursing, medical and other professions may only be 2 years long but are not associates degrees.

You can only get Associate Degrees at 2 year universities, and those might as well be useless.

then you transfer and do 2 years on a 4 year university

Mfw i graduated with an associates degree and 6k debt and landed a 72k/yr job a few months later

they probably don't have basket weaving courses in community college

That's what I did. Also got gubment bennies and parents paying half. Nice to have a bachelor degree and actually come out with thousands in the bank rather than debt.

Why is it a waste? I'm going to community college and gonna transfer for a 4 year degree. There's a transfer agreement with a school that I plan to attend so mostly everything will transfer.

This is accurate. 2 year cc then transfer is the smart choice. I wish someone told me that, now I'm in debt have to live at my parents and am struggling to find a decent paying job.

What did you major in?

Business Administration because it was a generic degree that leaves options open. Now that it's over I should have opted for a stem degree even if I hate that stuff.

Shit. I'm going poli sci because it's kinda broad but desu I'll do anything that makes money. I'd have done stem but I can't do math.

Same I am totally shit with math. Poli sci is a fine major, it's similar to business admin as it's generic and doesn't push you into a corner. I have two poli sci friends and both have high paying business jobs. Granted your degree really doesn't matter outside in the real world so take any advantages of internships or volunteer.

Literally all Law/Business/Management whatever soft science that was still a career choice a few decades ago is already feeling the cold breath of automation.

Whole professions like paralegals or in the accounting field just stopped existing. Thanks to databases, optimized programs and outsourcing.

The machines are taking over. Resistance is futile.

business admin is literally the most useless major
you could've have gone for any other business major and do the same things that required a business major

meme degree, enjoy working for your government

You bet I'm interning. In a club. Gonna join model un. I should have some good references. Honestly I'd even be a manager at walmart if I had to considering they make ~50k/yr. I'd even go out to an oil field to work. I just don't wanna end up some loser stuck at starbucks forever.

>>meme degree, enjoy working for your government
If I could get a government job with good pay you bet I'd take it.

>Doesn't an associate's let you take a 2 year university course instead of 4?
Why did you bother to make a thread when you have no idea what you're talking about?

>business admin
econ with math or stat minor or industrial engineering is the way to go

2 year community college + 2 years at a university = 4 years (bachelor’s degree)

The Seattle Colleges, comprised of North, Central and South Seattle Colleges, enrolls 50,000 local students and more than 3,800 international students. Approximately 85% of the international students are planning to do the 2 + 2 model. In general, they choose to do either an Associate of Arts, Associate of Business or Associate of Science degree.

I met a politic science major who started his own company. Guy has 10 employees and receives funding from the city as it's a Non Profit organization.

>let's take the outliers of the normal distribution in order to base my claims
I know your kind, not very bright people

>non-profit organization

I. e. we expect you to accept shit pay because it's all about the cause/mission anyway, right?

>implying normies don't go to community college
I've never been to one but I bet it's basically the same people

I know a guy that dropped out of college and became one of the richest man in the world...

Yeah but you don't have to spend all day with them

Okay, now I know what you're saying. Yeah, shit tons of people do what you said. The associates doesn't mean much, but doing cc is good for transferring.
And to answer your question in op, one reason I can see going straight to uni rather than transferring from cc is that when applying for a major, one is much more competitive if they did well in their pre requisite classes at the actual uni rather than cc. Personally, I went straight to uni because the professors, and resources are better. Also, I didn't want to deal with any high schoolers.

Yeah, seems like the lowest jobs and upper jobs are all being automated. Makes for an interesting job environment. Cant say what you'll be doing in 5 years due to technology.

Here is a pic from my community college's science block.

I bet your school is full of blacks.

The people I knew from cc were actually less drunk slobs and decent members of society than the ones at my 4 year.

10% black only. The guy in that pic is mostly a pajeet