Have any of Anons read this book? Shit is really starting to creep me out

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six-

Basic plot:
>Central Intelligence Agency operative John Clark and Domingo Chavez join Special Air Service (SAS) officer Alistair Stanley in forming an elite multinational counter-terrorist unit known as Rainbow.

>Takes place in the lead up to the Summer Olympics
>Brazil 2016?

>Sudden uptick in happenings and terrorist activities around the globe

Does this remind you of ISIS?

Meanwhile:
>Eco terrorists from a biotech firm called Horizon Corporation are orchestrating these attacks behind the scenes. Why? To help their security firm win a contract at the Summer Olympics. Their goal? To use the Olympics where people from virtually every country in the world are gathered, and infect athletes and spectators with a mutated form of Ebola which they would carry back to their countries.

Does this remind you of Zika?

>When the disease starts breaking out in various countries, the Horizon Corporation would announce that it had fortunately developed a vaccine and is set to produce it on a large scale, and be hailed as a savior. The world's governments would hurriedly organize giving the supposed vaccine to their entire populations. By the time it is realized that in fact it was the disease itself, it would be too late - the whole of humanity would be dead or dying, except for the "chosen few" who would get the real vaccine and who would inherit the emptied world.

"chosen few"

The final encounter between Rainbow and the orchestrators takes place in the Brazilian rainforest. Is this a little too coincidental?

Could someone like the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation be behind a plot to inoculate the world with a deadly virus under the guise of a Zika vaccine(think how many malaria vaccines they give out every year)?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2014/07/08/329884145/in-a-lab-store-room-an-unsettling-surprise-lost-vials-of-smallpox
cnn.com/2016/07/07/americas/rio-olympics-terror-preparations/
reuters.com/article/us-health-zika-congress-idUSKCN0ZN1PU
electronicintifada.net/blogs/charlotte-silver/brazil-cancels-2-billion-contract-israeli-security-firm-2016-olympics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tom Clancy is basically a happeningfag's wet dream

There's one where some middle eastern pilot gets fucked over by the US government and crashes an airliner into the capitol building

>There's one where some middle eastern pilot gets fucked over by the US government and crashes an airliner into the capitol building
It was a jap
His son got rekt by the US when the japs tried to take over some of the US' islands in the pacific

Oh, that's what it was. I can't remember these things.

Great book.
I haven seen a few similarities, but nothing straight from the book. The Shiva virus was based on Ebola mixed with something else. This has basis in reality since the USSR did fuse Ebola with Smallpox to create an ultra-deadly and spreadable weapon.
But instead of religious terrorists like ISIS, in the book it was Eco-terrorists that wanted to kill most of mankind except those that followed their way of life... so there is some similarity to ISIS.
There's been numerous times that Tom Clancy, either through sheer luck or some connections, successfully guessed some stuff that was at the time classified or that later became a reality. He was very good at predicting some things, but was also very wrong on others.

I should read this book, I always get to the Bank siege and then stop reading.

I love the old Clancy books

Red Storm Rising>>>>>>>>Rainbow Six

Doesn't mean shit isn't actually happening. The goal of these eco terrorists is basically to eradicate the human population to save the biosphere.

People that are high up are smart. Bill gates, Soros, etc. They know where we're headed as a species. There are 5 billion 3rd worlders trying to live like Westerners. This is just not sustainable.

Even if you believe current emission levels aren't going to cause problems, we're talking about several orders of magnitude higher levels as the "developing world" starts trying to have cars, and air conditioning and flying around the globe on vacations.

All thriving species reach and eventually exceed the carrying capacity of their environment. At this point what can even be done to keep humans from overpopulating?

Well ISIS would be a front for the bioterrorist organization. Think about ISIS itself compared to say Al Qaeda. From grainy videos shot in caves to Full HD English narrated videos posted online.

They are being funded somehow. They are getting their weapons somewhere. Why?

In this case Zika would be the excuse to innoculate people with the smallpox/ebola virus.

Do you remember a year or two ago when samples of Smallpox somehow made their way out of the lab? I can't find news articles referring to it but somehow they found samples of the virus that someone had 'misplaced' outside the lab and 'forgotten about'.

>sheer luck or connections

More like years of research and predictions based on projections and trends.

npr.org/2014/07/08/329884145/in-a-lab-store-room-an-unsettling-surprise-lost-vials-of-smallpox

Here

Just bought this at a thrift store the other day. Looks like I made a good choice.

>since the USSR did fuse Ebola with Smallpox to create an ultra-deadly and spreadable weapon.

That's, sadly (well, not sadly, more like 'boringly'), not how "weaponization" programs for biological agents work.
The #1 goal of a "weaponization program" is to make the agent stable for long-term storage, and surviving deployment (bombs, rockets, canisters etc).

When choosing an agent to weaponize, you want these characteristics:

>High infectivity
>High virulence
>Non-availability or difficult to create vaccines for
>High 'hardiness' to environmental factors

One of the most effective agents is the Plague. Ebola is a very poor agent, as it basically immediately dies when exposed to the open air, it's weak as fuck.

Well if you like Clancy's style should be a good read. If you're not into lots of detail on military weaponry, tactics, espionage etc then it will be tough to get through cause it's long and slow in parts.

Basically though it's a blueprint for a civilization ending catastrophe that doesn't result in nuclear winter and allows a chosen population of 100,000-200,000 to stay and rebuild the world as they see fit.

Tom clancy was assassinated by the obama administration

Yeah, i think in the book they basically make it so the virus can survive outside the body and be transmitted in the air and they give it a long incubation period so people are out and about infecting others before they show serious symptoms.

And they don't need to weaponize it really since they'll be injecting it into every citizen as martial law takes effect to try and inoculate everyone against the disease with the "vaccine"

Oh yeah, I've read Clancy before and I totally get what you're saying. Seems like it's still worth reading though.

This, dude.

This was in 2014, the same time the Ebola outbreaks were happening in West Africa...

Agreed. Personal favorite is Without Remorse.

>i think in the book they basically make it so the virus can survive outside the body and be transmitted in the air and they give it a long incubation period so people are out and about infecting others before they show serious symptoms.

Yeah, this is what weaponization usually entails. Although getting an agent like Ebola/Marburg to become airborne, or at least survive long enough in the air to infect someone, is highly difficult.
The part about giving it a longer incubation period is also a really big deal. One of the things about Ebola is that people get TOO sick TOO quickly, so it doesn't spread very far from the initial infection.

Which is the reason why everyone was freaking the fuck out about Swine Flu (H1N1) in 2009. It had the capacity to pretty much decimate us, but we were VERY lucky and quick to formulate a vaccine.
And by lucky, I mean it in a "Winning six rounds of Russian Roulette in a row with only one empty chamber" lucky. Imagine if it had been H5N1 (Avian Flu, VERY deadly) instead.

I'm referring more to how Rainbow Six coincides with current events/happenings than the quality of the story.

Shit like this-
cnn.com/2016/07/07/americas/rio-olympics-terror-preparations/

and this-
reuters.com/article/us-health-zika-congress-idUSKCN0ZN1PU

are pretty strange coincidences.

I'm not actually claiming it will be ebola or smallpox. Maybe the 2014 outbreaks in west africa were a used as a laboratory to track the epidemiology and find out what alterations would increase the body count the most.

kill all the muslims of course.

user you're being so ridiculous for even suggesting a paperback fiction work could have any basis in reality. There is a reason TC is just a brand name stuck to shitty video games sold to 11 year olds. only in the mind of TC could the villains be the environmentalists who give their blood, sweat, and tears to save the planet.

>chosen few

Fucking jews kill them all.

That would get us 20% of the way there. The bigger problems immediately are China and India

followed by Brazil, Africa, and Southeast Asia.

Read this book years ago. It's long as fuck. Most authors don't do books like this anymore unless it's something like Game of Thrones or a popular book series already.

I don't even remember most of the book it was long as fuck. They were supposed to make a movie about it, in fact, a major producer bought the rights to it but never did anything about it.

If he actually named the "chosen few" he probably would have died of an "undisclosed illness" much sooner.

Rainbow six is rather funny example as it's a proof that they can make a good game out of mediocre book.

Hunt for Red October, Red Storm Raising and Without Mercy are only actually good books he wrote. Rest are between mediocre and bad.

> without mercy

Without remorse. John kelly is a dangerous fella

Guys this could be serious-

electronicintifada.net/blogs/charlotte-silver/brazil-cancels-2-billion-contract-israeli-security-firm-2016-olympics

>While Palestine solidarity activists are celebrating Brazil’s decision, they are now turning their focus to the Olympics Committee, which has named Israeli firm International Security and Defence Systems(ISDS) as an “official supplier” for the games.

DONT LET IT SLIDE BOYS

One of my favorite books, love the shit out of it.