That was fucking good. why did Sup Forums lie to me?

That was fucking good. why did Sup Forums lie to me?

I bet you like to prep BBCs

cuz it involves black people, of course

Anyone with a brain can see that it's a well made movie. The reason people were upset is because it was very obvious that it won the award for the wrong reasons. It deserved to win anyway so it doesn't really matter too much the end result is the same.

Did you actually think the idiots shrieking about muh gay niggers had actually watched the movie?

neo-/poltv/ is incapable of judging anything. They just scream and shout about anything that doesn't fit in their safe space, regardless of quality

Its literally "Style over substance:the movie"

Great cinematography tho

>style over substance
>in a visual medium
the style is the substance

the story was good though

it was a little too gay desu

other than that a solid flick

would recommend

had plenty of substance, what are you on about?

It's boring and overrated.

Not "boring" as in lack of explosions and chase scenes, but "boring" as in, lack of fucking plot, subtext, symbolism, original insights, creative exposition or any interesting character arc...

(protag goes from quiet black kid, to quiet autistic black teen to quiet badass dealer with no details given on how the final transormation comes about, other than breaking a chair on a bully's head...he's gay, too...SFW...it's 2017)

It's a 40 minute short subject indie film painfully blown up into a two hour Hollywood "epic".

"Fences" is the thought-provoking 2016 black play adaptation to see, not this.

>It deserved to win anyway

No. Arrival and Nocturnal Animals were much more challenging films.

>no details given on how the final transormation comes about
he fucking tells kevin that in prison he met a drug dealer and moved forward from there

Because its worse than mbts

reminder that only the first act is good

>they left out the most interesting part of the character's story
>so we could fast forward to a Lifetime-tier "I forgive you, mama!" sequence, and the painfully inevitable gay reunion

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

The entire first and second acts could have been told in flashback, with nothing of value lost.

Everyone gives unwarranted praise to this fledgling effort because it was neither as black or as gay as they thought it would be...

wrong

the second and third acts were the only good parts

I know the poster looks like it, but this isn't a Nicolas Refn movie. There's blacks in it, for one.

since when do challenging films ever win bets picture?

>Graceful movie name
>Graceful movie colors
>Graceful movie poster
>is about gay niggers

fucking why?

No it fucking wasn't. I hate this meme. This meme pissed me off. The movie was mediocre as fuck and didn't deserve the award

It's happened.

And anyway, are we now in the business of excusing the Academy's shit taste? Point is, it wasn't even the third best movie in the Best Picture lineup...

Jenkins has some skill in getting performances from his actors, but as a storyteller and cinematic craftsman, on the basis of this movie he's amateurish. This movie, like Boyhood, didn't really have anything to say. The boy is uninteresting and remains so as a teen and young man, and the sensitive mounting of the issue of his sexuality doesn't inherently make the movie more valuable as an artistic endeavor.

The film is just fundamentally a weak story that's being overly commended because of its managing to present characters not frequently portrayed onscreen (a decent man who's a successful drug dealer, a black inner-city youth with homosexual leanings, a bad mother who's not a monster, etc. - all very interesting potentially, but not so much in the service of drama this mundane and superficially developed).

Well put.

It's a pasta

It deserves to be.

The slam on that other overrated stunt project, Boyhood, is particularly appreciated.

No. It was average. Literally nothing new.
It was nicely shot and nicely acted most of the time. But the story was Hallmark Channel material.

What the fuck Hallmark movies are you watching?

Why whyte bois so mad bout BBC?

I guarantee you the ones whining the loudest about faggots and niggers never even watched it

It's funny how people who are upset about it winning wanted bottom of the barrel garbage like Arrival and Hacksaw Ridge to win..

Take out the gay subject and the story is pretty much that of Hallmark quality.
Mom is a drug addict
Befriends old wise guy of neighborhood
Forced to abandon friend under bizarre circumstances
Reunited at the end

You're thinking of Lifetime brah, Hallmark is feelgood Christmas movies about young milfs falling in love

Oh darn it.
You right you right.
Should've corrected myself.