No Young Pope thread

>No Young Pope thread
Repent.

Boring, dull so as the catholic "church" is

>He's the Pope, but he listens to EDM, plays video games, and makes constant references to internet memes

I love the characters but I'm waiting for and expecting more liberal signaling given that its HBO.

I started it a couple weeks ago and just started watching it again last night, I'm on episode 8.

It's moderate at its absolute worst. Never devolves into full on liberalism/antiCatholicism

It's not produced by HBO, they're merely the network with American distribution rights.

I enjoyed the series, its goofy soundtracks gave me mood whiplash bigtime though.

House of cards with crosses?

Might give it a watch.

Nothing like HoC. Not sure if you're just shitposting but don't watch it if that's what you're looking for.

meh
white people: the show

mamma mia, it's-a il youngo poppino!

At first it pissed me off a little bit, like the fact that they played sexy and you know it at the most random time, which has to be one of the most out of place uses of song I've ever seen. I realized a lot of it fits though because it adds to a sort of surreal feeling of chaos.

Like the fact that theres a kangaroo in the garden, all of it is chaotic.

Yeah but HBO wouldn't put anything on that didn't have some degree of signaling in it. I don't think TV shows will even get produced if they're not neutral or left leaning, this is the closest thing to something (((conservative))) I've seen in awhile, and he's clearly supposed to be a villain. Albeit, he's a sympathetic villain, but the point remains.

Its similar but its a lot more artsy and less dumbed down for normies. House of Cards is sort of fast paced and has a bunch of other shit in it that will hold the normies attention, the Young Pope I think is a lot better. Its a less escapism and more of a point

wtf I'm watching right and the kangaroo just died, how did it die

how did this faggot even become the pope in the first place? he has Jesus level powers and is a contrarian faggot and is like 40, how has he not been assassinated or derailed in his career till now?

>how did this faggot even become the pope in the first place?

Voiello mentions that he was a compromise candidate between the liberal and conservative factions, and that it was assumed he would be easy to control given his comparative young age

I dropped the Fox premium shit and got the HBO in order to watch this but it turns out that here TYP is gonna be showed on the shitty Fox premuim.

WHAT HAVE WE FORGOTTEN?

because he asked god to be chosen and god listens to his prayers

Bump

>he's clearly supposed to be a villain.
I assumed one of those femen hookers stabbed it.

>have internet
>don't just download shit

He prayed so hard he almost shat himself.

Gave it three episodes & it didn't take.

I get that he's supposed to be an anti-hero but he just came off as too unlikable for me.

They were a vision you fucking pleb

>that its HBO
Sky and Canal+

Is it possible to learn this power?

Have you tried it? Talk to Him

Not from a priest

Entertaining and amazingly well done but ultimately the story is pointless.

He means to, basically, at first. He's getting his people in line. The first few episodes are meant to antagonize the audience a bit. As the series goes on though, you get a better idea of what kind of person he is and what he actually intends to do with his power once he solidifies it. By the end I definitely would not call him an antihero, all of the characters reveal other sides of themselves and become much more lovable.

If you don't completely hate it, like if you at least enjoy the setting and the style of the filmmaking, I'd say it's worth sticking it out a few more episodes. I enjoyed the beginning parts a bit more than you did, but I think it's the second half of the series that really elevates it to something great.

Why?

It was lame.

>the story is pointless.

Well I mean the whole conservative angle was a bait and switch, it's just about finding god and "growing up".

>House of cards with crosses?

Nope. All of that at the start is just to draw you in.

Disagree here. Even at the end Pius XIII is a pretty strict conservative. He's certainly no Francis.

>conservative
>gonna fix the church
>lol nope i grew up

Yeah whatever, it's just a shitty bait and switch. Nice style and cinematography, but I'm a bit salty having wasted my time watching it.

Even at the last episode he's still highly resistant to allowing gay priests. There's no indication he ever budged on abortion. "Growing up" means actually making the Church open and accessible to the faithful, not perverting it with modernist heresy.

fucking idiots, the FEMEN protestors in the garden were real. they killed the kangraoo and used its blood to write those words on their bare chests

>Even at the last episode he's still highly resistant to allowing gay priests

Apparently not.

If anything he grudgingly allows them to stay because he loves Gutierrez too much to see him go. Again, still a far cry from anything you could remotely interpret as "progressive."

I was surprised by the tonal turnaround in episode 10. It felt strange to hear Lenny ask everyone to smile

how did they get in there user? how did they know he was going to be there? Were they just waiting on the off chance the pope was going to go for stroll through the garden? The swiss guard wouldn't let anyone get that close.

I don't know much about the Vatican but isn't the Swiss Guard kind of a meme? Not sure how well-trained they are.

>how did a small group of attractive women infiltrate a public garden?

He's went back on kicking the fags out. He'll "grow" out of his conservative ideals entirely just you watch.

It was pretty shitty what it was.

>I don't know much about the Vatican
Then shut the fuck up

>public garden
>private residence of the Pope

The Swiss Guard are a highly selective elite unit drawn from the Swiss military.

the pope doesn't live in a garden you dullard

Are you not aware of the concept that a private residence is made up of more than just a house?

is this some bait?
it's the garden in his private residence, you think the pope would walk around a public garden? fucking retard

(You)
Curb your autism friendo

>If you have ever visited the Vatican, you have seen the stoic guards that look like they missed the bus to the local Renaissance Festival. The truth is they are a high-end military force made up of top ex-Swiss soldiers. And don’t let those spears fool you, they can shred you to pieces with them. If that doesn’t work, they have one of the finest firearms collections on the planet to
finish the job.

>The Swiss Guard also happens to be the smallest army in the world with only about 110 to 125 soldiers and officers serving at any given time. The basic requirements to apply are pretty straightforward. You must be a Swiss man, younger than 30, at least five foot eight inches tall, and have served with the Swiss military with good merits. You must also be Catholic and at least have a diploma. You also must be single, although you are allowed to marry if you are at least 25 and have served three years already and commit to another three years of service with a rank of at least Corporal. The minimum term of service is usually two years.

do you think the garden is walled off only for the pope? obviously not, because its filled with dozens of people everyday and even wild kangaroos

furthermore, if the women were a vision then who killed the kangaroo? use your fucking brain

Fuck off retarded nigger

They are fucking commando. Don't let them fool them for the swag uniforms. For every one in parade uniform there are two in plain clothes carrying MP-7s. And I would not call a meme being able to fuck you up with an halberd.

>bare minimum requirements

Yes user, I'm sure it's a first come first serve basis past that.

You fucking idiot.

>Keep in mind these are just the basic requirements. The Swiss Guard selection process looks for candidates that show extreme dedication, physical prowess and higher education and military capabilities. Once you are selected and prove that you meet the Swiss Guard’s standards, you are sworn in by the Pope himself, an event that occurs on May 6th of every year. Training includes crowd control, VIP protection, lethal and less than lethal weapons employment, surveillance and many tactics that the job requires.

>One of the most interesting aspects of the Swiss Guard is their armory, which is like no other in the world. It is more of a museum of the evolution of post-1500s European weaponry than anything else. The Swiss Guard has largely used anything the Swiss Army had at the time when they needed upgrades. Vintage armor and edged weapons — primarily the sword and the halberd dating back hundreds of years — are still used today and they are not for show. The Swiss Guard are trained how to use them under various circumstances, both ceremonial and the more deadly kind.

ah yes because there is certainly an overwhelming pool of unmarried swiss catholics eager to leave their life behind and live in Italy (who are also elite supersoldiers)

Americans are so god damn stupid

You might not be gay but you're acting like a total faggot right now. He made an exception for Gutierrez, who is homosexual but apparently celibate, because he needed an adviser and Gutierrez had already been a good adviser to him

>Often times these weapons can be seen alongside Guard members wearing the aforementioned traditional “Gala Uniform,” which is the most complex of any military uniform currently in use in the world today when combined with ceremonial armor. When it comes to formal attire, they also wear much more subdued all blue uniforms or ones featuring a cloak during the cold, rainy months. In addition to uniformed men, many of the Swiss Guard’s force are in plain-clothes, usually wearing specially tailored business suits.

>The Swiss Guard is well aware that they have to stay up on the latest technologies to keep potential threats at bay. As such, they regularly modernize with the times, but they don’t really put any old gear fully out of commission either. They also employ Swiss T59 rifled muskets, Vetterli Model 1871 and M1867 rifles, Hisso MP43-44 sub-machine guns and Schmidt Rubin K31 bolt-action rifles. These are just a few models of vintage arms still in service with the Pope’s army. But don’t be fooled, there is plenty of very modern firepower as well.

>Although many would think the Vatican is protected by a token force of spear-slinging cosplayers, this is not the case. Although the Vatican does not like to discuss it, many plain-clothed officers are nearby the Pope when he is moving about. This especially includes when he travels abroad. These Swiss Guard officers pack the best weaponry available, namely tricked-out Heckler & Koch MP7 personal defense weapon (PDW) that fires armor piercing small caliber rifle rounds. This weapon is extremely popular with elite units ranging from SEAL Team Six to presidential protection units around the globe. It is also compact enough to be packed in an underarm-sling that can be concealed underneath a sport coat.

>As for sidearms, the service packed the ugly .32 caliber Dreyse Model 1907 pistol for nearly eight decades. After the assassination attempt on Pope John Paul II in 1982 this changed. The Sig P220 semi automatic pistol became standard issue for the Swiss Guard. The gun, which is made by famed firearms manufacturer Sig Sauer, has one of the best reputations for reliability and quality. (Today, the Navy SEALs are known for their similar Sig Sauer P226 pistols) The Swiss Guard also uses Austrian-built Glock 19 pistols for deep concealment that are specially engraved with Vatican seals and the letters AG, an abbreviation of roughly “Guard Property” when translated

But later he said that this was only a lie to make sense of the election as nobody really voiced his support for the Young Pope before voting.

I thought I told you to curb your autism

>For heavier hitting longer-range modern firepower, the Swiss Guard has an array of Sig SG550 series assault rifles in different configurations. This includes some with short barrels and folding stocks (Sig SG552 Commando) for close-quarters battle (CQB) and vehicle carry and others with longer barrels and scope setups for extended range engagements. The SG550 series fires 5.56X45 NATO cartridge just like the American M-16/A-15 family of rifles.

kill yourself you dumb fuck.

As with his every speech it was mostly directed inwards. He was hopeful to find his parents after all.

>the women were a vision then who killed the kangaroo?
that's the big question user

So, a couple hundred thousand people that meet requirements for an extremely prestigious job that pays well and looks absolutely phenomenal on a resume for someone looking to make a career out of soldiering, security, or close protection and has 100 slots.

Yeah, they can't afford to be selective.

Further, do you assume that after having been selected for the job they aren't going to go through extensive schooling and training?

I don't think it was the exact same set of women in the garden at Castel Gandolfo that killed the Kangaroo, just that Femen were behind it since they were brought up as driving protests over the pope's stance on abortion which is already catholic doctrine, even though the show depicted it as a radical change.

Spencer with his hunting rifle

I mean, yes, they are. Both the Vatican proper and his summer residence used to be fortresses

That's it user. All these retarded fucks saying it was the girls who weren't even really there should kill themselves.

Is this show actually good if I am not a christian, or is it pandering to them specifically?

people like you should be put down user

Make one exception, you'll make another. That storyline is dead user.

but why

Yes

>X or Y
>"yes"

It might convert you but more likely you're dirty pleb who won't get it.

Trying to act smug when people call you out on your bullshit? It's really working

Jackasses, obviously Lenny intends to cure Gutierrez of his cocklust.

Never, and I mean never, reply to me again

The risk of a fucking TV show converting me is near zero. I am asking if its an entertaining watch, or if people only enjoy it because it reaffirms their beliefs.

The whole angle of the show is moderating your views and finding god.

that's it

Yeah, sure. It's progressive hogwash is all, gotta have a fag in a positive light.

Yes.

tell me some shows you already like user

>X or Y
>"yes"

If you believe in complex characters, good use of camera and italian music yes, it reaffirms them. But you are probably burger and fat and dumb, so keep out of TYP.

If you want to see a reactionary pope clean up the church, you'll be disappointed.

If you're a christian that's lost faith in god, or at least questions the church, you'll enjoy it.

The show is wonderfully shot all the same.

We also had a fag in a very negative light. It was fag vs fag with a white man settling the score through divine justice.
I fear you're right of course, by the series finale maybe the young pope will become the old hippy pope, but we're not there yet.

So do you think there's literally never been a gay person, or person with gay urges, who has done good or worthwhile things with their life? Do you think it would be realistic to set a TV show within the Catholic church without including any of those people?

[email protected]

>Five minutes into eldrich god under ice and chill when the Greenland Prime Minister starts dancing to Senza un Perche
What do.

That is 100% giving in. The whole point of moral standards is that you abide by them. This show equates becoming a cuck with growing up.

HABEMUS PAPAM
CARDINALEM
VOIELLO

Only seen clips of it. His address to the cardinals is something that the church actually needs instead of being popular rather than intense in its message. It's one of the reasons Europe is burning because of the blindness that the pope, and other leaders, are showing to the refugee crisis as well as his globalist inclinations.

Is he really shown as basically being the bizarro version of Francis?

Ask her to show me her halibut.