Basically every year in every league it’s the same teams in the top and the same teams that win

Basically every year in every league it’s the same teams in the top and the same teams that win

How do we fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1885_FA_Cup_Final
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_football_champions
youtube.com/watch?v=umVptHQnsvw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

watch nfl instead

Make it more communist by introducing a wage cap. Also make a transfer fee cap while we're at it.

>we should have no relegation and let the bottom teams pick the best young players for next season!!1!

>Make it more communist by introducing a wage cap.
>group of owners agree to salary cap to allow for success
>this means players have to get specially low-balled as much as possible relative to their work in
>this is communist to europeans

what happened to blackburn

delete / disassemble winners and create a new fresh team with consumistic sponsors with no history at all

They had a Leicester type season, decided not to sign Zidane, and got relegated

Ok real funny stop ripping on me about MLS. I know it’s shit too

I agree it's all wrong, we should be more like the Greek league (With Chelsea as Olympiacos)

To be honest I don't know if there is anything to fix. I find it fine that the strong are allowed to be strong, even though I'll propably never see my favourite team win a title.

oh
thanks amerifriend

True but it gets boring after seeing the same teams get the same results every year

>They had a Leicester type season

lmoa no they didn't.

they had a Man City type season where they got a rich owner and splashed loads of cash.

it wasnt sustainable and they eventually fell back into their natural position

they had shearer and sutton and memed out scored everyone n the league. they were shit defensively

Isn't Scotland even worse?

the past 4 owls were won by the same 3 teams, while the past 4 eagles were won by 4 different teams tho.

Kek

Isn’t that’s what Leicester did too with the Thai owners?

nice

Not really cause they have 2 teams with 40+ wins

It is now, but before Rangers went bust it was pretty even between those two teams. Rangers have 54 league titles and Celtic have 48

no

Wut

Randomize players

yes

>rags

>167,000,000 USD salary cap ~ 3,150,000 USD per player on average.

>lowballed

it was inda

city are further ahead in the EPL than celtic in the SPL and yet you say the SPL is the uncompetitive one. HA!

Where's Liverpool

Lifelong Third Lanark here

>pats
>boncos
>pats (vs xehawks)
>xehawks (vs broncos)
vs
>leicester
>chelsea
>mc
>mu
a salary cap sure made things interesting...

slipped

reminder david murray genocided airdrieonians

This is the reality of a no-salary cap league with independent clubs where the pro teams control every step of development. The rich teams get richer, and unless you're from a big market or have a very rich owner you're never going to win.

>inb4 why not just have salary caps

All the players would just go to a different country. This isn't American sports where our market is *the* market, even for the international sports like basketball/football. You can't really fix it without fundamentally changing the nature of the sport.

how is that worse

>the international sports like basketball/footbal
*basketball/baseball

Meant to write baseball. Obviously nobody outside of us and the Canadians cares about football.

The Scottish league is literally Celtic and rangers every year while the premier league is just man city this year

Rangers went bankrupt and only just got back into the top division. Celtic are about to win their 7th league title in a row.

any limit on club finances would need to be enforced from uefa level so all european clubs were affected.

but uefa are are in the hands of the madrid president so that's not going to happen.

same problem as in a lot of places: where something is wrong, something is too big

>2 teams have won more than 80% of the titles
>no one else has won it since 1985
>how is that worse

discounting murty at your peril

If Alex hadn't been so good it would have been surprisingly even.

tbf i dont know the full history of greek champions

I don’t watch nfl

Now look up Portugal

That league is effectively ded, the real contest is the fans trying to kill each other.

>any limit on club finances would need to be enforced from uefa level so all european clubs were affected.
Definitely. But in the long run, even that wouldn't help. Eventually Chinese and American teams would be able to offer way more money than any European team, and all the star players would leave. Europe would become the new South America, full of talented players who leave for foreign countries at the first opportunity.

But 11 different Scottish teams have been crowned champions, the Greek league only has 6. Olympiacos also have 24 more titles than the next best team despite professional football only being 90 years old in Greece.

Not really. Chelsea was a small club with an ugly stadium with 1 league win in the 50s. Then abramovich bought Chelsea and they became a big club with a nice stadium and 6 wins, along with a UCL, other trophy’s, and legends

>but uefa are are in the hands of the madrid president so that's not going to happen.
Holy shit you're obsessed.

>Chelsea was a small club
Not a small club. Not exactly a big club but they were winning major trophies not long before he came in

True but it still would’ve been the same teams

NEXT YEAR IS OUR YEAR

chelsea has always been a big club. Aston Villa is a big club.

Club size is measured by the amount of fans it has. You know nothing about England

You're right, it's basically the same thing.

Super Bowl Winners since 1993

New England: 5
Dallas: 2
Green Bay: 2
New York: 2
Denver: 2
Pittsburgh: 2
Baltimore: 2
San Francisco: 1
St. Louis: 1
Tampa Bay: 1
Indianapolis: 1
Seattle: 1

Premier League Winners since 1993

Manchester United: 13
Chelsea: 4
Arsenal: 3
Manchester City: 2
Blackburn: 1

i'd wager if we get rid of offside then all these financial issues would disappear

This is a few years out of date

>Spain - 9 champions in 83 years
>Germany - 29 champions in 103 years
>England - 23 champions in 115 years
>Italy - 16 champions in 111 years
>France - 29 champions in 99 years
>Portugal - 5 champions in 80 years
>Russia - 14 champions in 76 years
>Ukraine - 3 champions in 23 years
>Belgium - 15 champions in 111 years
>Netherlands - 29 champions in 126 years
>Turkey - 5 champions in 58 years
>Switzerland - 20 champions in 116 years
>Czech Republic - 5 winners in 21 years
>Greece - 6 champions in 78 years
>Romania - 22 champions in 96 years
>Austria - 16 champions in 102 yea

Chelsea were always a well supported club, they were pulling in over 30k spectators before WW1 and they were the first English team to have an average attendance of over 40k. Before Abramovich they weren't that successful sure but they were on a similar level to Spurs or West Ham at least.

Chelsea weren't a small club. They had won major trophies in the past and had a fairly large fanbase. Roughly comparable to where Tottenham are right now.

CHANGE YOUR SPORTS TO APPEAL TO ME

Are you really using lengths of time longer than your country has actually been considered a country?

>Eventually Chinese and American teams would be able to offer way more money than any European team, and all the star players would leave

That would probably happen cause of the transfer bubble in Europe right now. Paul pogba isn’t worth €89 mil and now every player is worth more than they should be. The bubble is gonna burst real soon and Uefa is gonna collapse and be shit for at least 15 years

I know but I was really talking about trophy wins

It's the length of time those countries had their own national leagues

I don’t think Germany should count considering Bundesliga wasn’t around until the 60s

But even then it’s something like 6 winners in 50 years I think

>4 major trophy wins in 4 years mean nothing

Even if that's the case, Chelsea have won at least 1 trophy every single decade since the 1950's. Their FA Cup victory over Leeds is also the most watched on television with 28 million tuning in.

Had, Rangers went bust and no longer exists.

the absolute madmen

The main problem is money and a competitive international market for players.

Without being able to pay for top talent, you're at an inherit disadvantage compared to rich teams. However, introducing a salary cap to the league would simply cause the top talent to go to different countries where they can be paid more.

The only real way to fix it is to have an international salary cap across every league in the world. Which will never happen. Therefore there's nothing that can be done.

They didn’t exactly go bust. They Dropped down a few leagues cause of shitty financing and just got back in the top flight

Why though? America has lots of teams who are considered "big" despite not having won shit in decades. The Bears and Cowboys are two of the most popular teams in the country despite not having won anything in more than 20 years, unless you count the Bears winning the NFC title in 06. The Cubs were a major team for literally 108 trophyless years.

>Chelsea have won at least 1 trophy every single decade since the 1950's.
2nd division title doesn't really count as a major trophy though

>we'll never experience Leicester season again

I’m not sure if that would work because AC Milan is paying people a shitton but can barley compete with benevento
>1-1

But I don't want the few good footballers still playing in Spain to leave for other countries. Would rather see Madrid and Barça dominating the league ad infinitum.

Yeah now that I’m thinking about it I was being retarted.......

>Portugal - 5 champions in 80 years
I might add that 2 of those teams only won it once and that no team outside Lisbon and Porto (by far our 2 biggest cities) has ever won the league.

>2012 - AGUERROOOOO
>2013 - nothing
>2014 - SLIP
>2015 - nothibng
>2016 - CHAT SHIT
>2017 - nothing
>2018 - ...
is it, dare I say it, happening?
Manshitty is going to let it slip like Newcastle in 1995/1996 season

>They didn’t exactly go bust.
They actually, literally did.
>They Dropped down a few leagues cause of shitty financing and just got back in the top flight
No, they actually had to dissolve the old club, start up a new club and ask to be allowed into the Scottish League system.
The Rangers currently competing is, legally, a completely new entity.

>tfw based Queen's Park have played in two English FA Cup finals

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1885_FA_Cup_Final

the meme this year is Mouyes getting milk thrown at him and Manure completely collapsing.

>12,500 dead people watched that match

Queen's Park to the Prem when?

When they stop doing it >for free

I just used these wikipedia pages for each league
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_football_champions
I should try making a new updated one that goes a bit more in depth for each euro league

Oh

A tad too gay for me, no thanks

>tfw you will never be able to watch the 1938 scottish cup final between East Fife an Kilmarnock with 100,000 of your bois

Fortuna Düsseldorf are /myguys/

youtube.com/watch?v=umVptHQnsvw

yeah, it's counting cup-like "league titles"

Portugal would have 8 different winners with that criteria.

/myguys/ is 1. FC nuremberg
>more wins than dirtmund
>topkek

you forgot Leicester City for the Premier league you absolute BITCH

>biggest meme team ever

Venkies happened

it's 12 winners in 54 years

I was halfway there

Incentivize investors for the other teams?