The Walking Dead

Why kill off one of the most reasonable people on the show?

because he needed to go film wolf of wall street

Because he didn't want to waste 10 years of his life and career running from the slowest plot device known to man. Also, the accountant and daredevil proved it was a good choice.

The fuck?

MASKJEWSUMTHIN

Shane wasn't reasonable. He was willing to do the ruthless shit that everyone else hesitated on doing. Problem is, Shane is too much a hothead. He lacks strategic thinking and diplomacy. He's good at on-the-spot initiative and improvising during shitty situations, but his actions get everyone else killed in the process. He's so fixated on Lori and Carl that he loses sight of the bigger picture.

I do wish he, Merle, and even the Governor were still alive. If they all somehow survived and stuck it out with Rick out of redemption, the war against the Saviors would be VERY interesting. Those 3 are the black ops for Rick, they can get the dirty stuff done with ruthless efficiency.

I guess that's true, i was always on his side, and when he got killed i stopped watching the show

Shane and Merle were goat

I respect your point of view, i might be like him, a hothead, i was always on his side, he seemed reasonable to me, yeah there was that thing whit lori but that didn't stopped me from believing in him

This

Joe is doing a fantastic job in his career and he's apparently a bro IRL. A buddy of mine during my junior year met Joe who was nice as fuck. Also said Lori's actress was sweet and down to Earth.

I don't doubt that, but as Shane, to me he was the most reasonable person on the show

If Merle had Shane around, the Governor would've been assassinated and the group wouldn't have lost the prison. Merle needed a wingman in his hit attempt and Shane would've covered him effectively.

This show made me like the Governor despite being a murderous asshole. I desperately wanted him to reform when he meet Tara's family.

Shane is perfect when he has someone else do the explaining and pitching ideas to a group. He's an ideal support guy, a number 2 man in the command chain. Great at field operations but requires someone whose got better people skills and organization.

If he wasn't hung up on taking Rick's family and remaining his BFF, Shane's presence could've changed a LOT of things.

So he can go have his own show on netflix.

M'ask you sumthin wolf of wall street

I think that is one of the problems with TWD is that they hire the best actors as the bad guys who inevitably get killed off, leaving a mediocre standard cast

He was reasonable when the situation called for an immediate resolution that required deadly force. But outside of those moments, Shane isn't a planner. He never thinks a step or two ahead.

Look at Season 1's campgrounds. It was dangerously exposed. No tripwires to rattle cans and alert the survivors or anything. If Rick had actually died in the hospital, the camp would've been overrun by the Walker herd.

Rick eventually became like Shane, but only when it was necessary. Rick is still grounded enough to be accommodating, hence how he can forge relationships with people. His experiences hardened him, but he's not full-out rage mode like Shane does.

I agree, Merle and Shane would have killed the governor real quick, and to me Shane was trying to take Rick's family, not by choice, he geniously thought Rick was dead and fell in love with bitch Lori

To be fair, Lori kept giving him mixed signals. Even my feminist friends called out on Lori for messing with Shane's head like that.

In some ways, I wish Shane had taken Lori and Carl far away from Georgia before Rick awoke. Rick would be left without his family and eventually come to terms that he has to move on. Rick can develop and go on a different path while Shane is doing his own thing with Lori and Carl.

Sure is a lot of gasoline in those cars.

I finally get it thank you
Shane was not a planner but god damn was he good, he made the hard decisions for everybody, Rick was soft he needed someone to guide him, and that someone was Shane

She was, I hate that bitch, I wish she was killed off sooner

Precisely. That's why those 2 were perfect as a team.

And to be fair to Rick, he didn't experience the collapse of civilization during his coma. He didn't see the brutality and desperation of what people did. He was a pre-Walker mindset trying to make sense of the new world.

It makes you wonder how Shane would handle the Savior crisis?

Being fair, I can put myself in Rick's shoes, he was a sheriff, wanted to protect everybody but since Shane saw the world gone to shit before Rick, he knew what they had to do before Rick started to screw everything up, hell I might be like Shane, cold blooded but at least i would do the hard decisions, like calling off the search for sophia

Because he died in the comic?

Fuckers don't follow the TV Show

How did Rock last a month without water in the hospital?

Being in a coma? Body uses less resources

His IV drip was full the day Shane went to the hospital and the soldiers were shooting patients. It's a stretch of logic but I could sorta see how Rick was able to survive until he awoke. He was pretty out of it when he did stagger out of the hospital.

Shane wouldn't have kept the group alive like Rick did after the Walkers chased them out of Hershel's farm. There's a lot of stuff in the past seasons that I'm not sure Shane could handle with just force.

>my feminist friends

I think you are wrong, Shane had a better understanding than Rick unless someone is willing to tell me otherwise, please help me understand. Yes he was a hothead, but he was able to protect what he cared about

My buddy's gf and another girl I hang out with are feminists. Not those man-hating 3rd wavers but actual females who want women to earn the same place as men in society and the workforce.

During one of the summer BBQs after Season 2, we were talking about TWD and Michelle brought up how much of a useless cunt Lori was. I was surprised to hear her say this, but she was disgusted how the character acted as deadweight and wanted her killed off. Tamara agreed because she felt Lori did nothing but drive a wedge between Rick and Shane. They were both happy later on when Lori was killed off though they were pissed how naive Andrea was in Season 3.

Did shane write "don't dead open inside"?

I was also happy when bitch lori was killed off.... "Let's get to work"... yet the bitch didn't do shit

Rick became Shane after the prison and before Negan.

Shane is only good with Lori and Carl. Everyone else is expendable to him like Otis. And remember how he was drawing a bead on Rick before Dale noticed what he was doing? That's a good indicator of Shane being a ruthless cunt.

The way Shane would've handled survival is any means necessary like raiding other survivors for supplies. He'd be no better than the scum that Rick and company fought off. Plus he's very hostile to anyone. That's good and bad at the same time. The best tact is to outwardly be calm yet be ready to stomp anyone's shit if they're wolf in sheep's clothing.

Shane would not get along with voices of reason and conscience like Hershel. And he probably would be co-opted into Woodbury because the Governor would size him up well.

Rick is not nearly as good as Shane

I don't like lori but i'd have 8 judiths with her.

First 2 episodes of season 1 were good. Everything after that has been trash. Andrea with her dead sister holy fucking shit. The good guy gangsters taking care of old people, holy shit.

Fuck
Fuck this fucking show
But I agree. I enjoyed Shane right up until there was no more Shane. Best part of the show.

Otis was dead weight, he was thinking about Carl, he saved his life, how many times has Rick saved Carl's live?

Me too brother

Sorta.
Season 1 Rick is all the way to the left while the Governor is all the way to the right. Shane is beyond the median point but to the left of someone like Negan. Ricktator mode is slightly left of Shane though under certain circumstances (like Terminus or those thugs that tried to rape Carl), Rick can cross into Negan and even Governor tier brutality.

When Rick killed those assholes he knew Shane was right

Can we talk about how Rick's group would wreck face if these 3 found him and joined up?

Negan would be toast.

Otis refused to leave Shane behind. What Shane should've done is forcefully get it through Otis that Carl's life hangs in the balance. They can always rescue Shane later on but AFTER Carl is saved. Otis should've just taken the supplies like Shane begged him to.

Also their plan was idiotic because they had nobody to pick them up. Ideally 4 people should've gone. 2 to get the supplies while the other 2 wait in the vehicle. Once there's any trouble or they see the guys escaping, the vehicle is ready to extract them. I didn't understand why T-Dog and Glenn or anyone else couldn't have joined Shane and Otis.

name a drama show that hasn't done this

Haven't watched this since the episode where the stupid daughter meets the pirates on the radio she talked to. How is it? Because TWD bores me and I feel other survivors in this universe should be explored.

This fuckers ain't shit
While it id true that they should have gotten 4 people, it wouldn't have made a difference, Otis would have been dead from the start, Shane saved Carl like it or not

Alicia kind of redeems herself by being a good walker killer and planner. I personally love it and think it's better than twd in quite a few aspects. Granted, it is rocky, but it's much more grounded and realistic than twd.

E-Eddie?

;_;

I totally forgot I hadn't seen Carl in the last couple of episodes until this thread. Where is he?

Dead

>this fuckers ain't shit

While Rick couldn't successfully corral a herd of walkers away from home, Daniel led about as many straight into a military base to rape face.

While Rick always led his people to the shittiest places for shelter and had to make supply runs all the time that people died on, Strand was balling on a boat with unlimited water and just a fishing rod needed to get food.

Nick discovered the 'guts' trick before Rick, uses it every day, and never has a problem with walkers. Rick has had nothing but problems with walkers including having to watch his super hot gf and her son get mutilated and devoured before his eyes.

So yeah, "this fuckers ain't shit".

Nah, his range of view got diminished

That's what I am saying, Rick is soft, Shane was not, he could have found that out, protect the group but no, fucking Rick and his stupid soft ass shit

YOU CAN'T PROTECT HIM MYSTERIO, YOUR SON IS MINE NOW

*rubs head*

What did you guys think of this episode? Feels like 6 is forgotten due to Negan but the breach of Alexandria felt like fucking twd 9/11 to me.

Maybe if he didn't try to murder Rick he would still be alive. Are you faggots that seduced by the idea of some faggot wanting to steak your son and wife?

He was reckless yes, but he was reasonable

If these retards just ALWAYS wore those zombie gut clothes barely anyone would have died up to this point.

>EW, its gross! I'd rather just die than be uncomfortable!

Rick couldn't protect them though, it was quite simple. If Shane was alive, Glenn and Abe would be too

Like Nick from fear.

Also, why does Sup Forums have such a hardon for Shane? Jon Bernthal was fun. He made things interesting. But Shane was a shithead.

Is it simply a matter of beta cucks wishing they could be him?

She was a cunt, happy when she died.

>been fucking for a few weeks
>hubby's back
>better treat the other guy like a sack of crap and make sure he doesn't look after my kid
>lolPreggers
>no possible way to tell who the father actually is
>start some ploy to get shane exiled/outcast
>encourage hubby to kill his BFF

Wanted Rick to die as well, but that wasn't going to happen. All characters were unreasonable assholes, makes being invested in their survival difficult.

I find it hilarious how fucking stupid Lori is

>end of the world scenario
>driving
>still get flipped

KEK, fucking women

But Rick becomes that exact 'raid others' scum. It's only a matter of time until those ideals were put to the test.

Why would i want to br him? I liked his character that doesn't meant i have a boner for him, he is alpha, Rick is not end of story

What made him appear capable was that he was willing to do what was necessary to survive HIMSELF. It's easy to look back and think the choices he made way back when were right, but that's because we knew what would become of the average person. He seemed ahead of his time, but in truth he was someone who flew off the handle and sacrificed others under the guise of 'doing what needed to be done'. What makes it ironic is that he anticipated being saved by the government up until the very end.

Shane knew the world went to shit, yet he kept bitch lori and Carl safe

Are you talking about the Savior outpost? Those people weren't really blameless. After Woodbury and Terminus, Rick didn't want to allow a rat
nest nearby because they would cause trouble. He just underestimated how strong the Saviors were.

That's one thing I wish they had touched on. Rick and the people of Alexandria got rail roaded, but it was never really discussed how it was a mistake to attack the Saviors in the first place. It could have covered:
> Morality issues of murdering thirty people in their sleep.
> Getting involved with the affairs of others.
> Not doing the proper preparation and recon to make an effective strategy.
Instead, the subject was shut down whenever someone brought it up.

Shane was the character who most quickly jettisoned the moral trappings of his old life and become willing to kill and fuck over other people if it increased the odds that he and his group survived. It took a few seasons of character development for Rick and the other characters but they eventually adopted a similarly harsh mindset.

Outside of that though, he wasn't a terribly reasonable or stable person, and lacked Rick's leadership qualities. He immediately starts fantasizing about murdering Rick due to sexual jealousy, and throws open the doors to the barn full of zombies on a whim cause he was pissed, which could have easily gotten someone killed.

The way i see it, he had it under control, everyone was soft, except him, he knew what was going on, as for the barn, everyone was shooting, no one was going to get hurt

Abraham, Sasha, and Darrel had almost been killed by a group of saviors on the road earlier too, so Rick was justified in thinking of them as a threat.

It took Rick a long time to realize what Shane always knew

shane would have been a tremendous benefit to rick if shane just stayed a bro

too bad the guy tried to take his bro's wife and kid.

are you really questioning something like that in a zombie show?

He was ahead of his time. He knew the way the world had turned and what you need to do to survive. Rick and the gang have recently caught up to this way of thinking.

Because they needed a tiny punisher

>Shane
>reasonable at all in the second season
Pick one.
That dude was so thirsty for Lori cunt he was an idiot. Not that his hardline stance didn't have merit, but Shane had no balance and his obsession on his friend's wife clouded his judgement every step of the way. Nobody could trust him at that point.

Well put.

And Rick should promptly commit sodoku because of it. He's a fucking hypocrite and killed his 'best friend' over his inability to understand that things had completely changed.

Caught up? Shane is like a little baby compared to current Rick.
Rick also isn't so emotional and stupid.

This show fucking BLOWS.

Even worse than S2 TWD if you can believe that.

>tfw he actually says "let me ask you somethin'"

lost my shit when I rewatched the scene after the onset of the maskusumthin meme