Talk to my friends about movies

>talk to my friends about movies
>everyone starts recommending shit
>bring up some pretty normal stuff that they would probably enjoy, nothing too weird or foreign
>"dude you like sicario and manchester whatever, so I don't know if you can actually recommend good movies"

your friends are patrician, manchester a shit

>dude you like sicario
wat. Sicario is not only very good but surely its accessible?

I can understand why many people don't like it. For the most part, it's an incredibly slow movie with a protagonist that is "useless"

those two movies are pretty good/ok

why did they not like them?

I get the exact same treatment but mostly because I liked cabin in the woods.

That movie was pretty funny though.

There is only one course of action in situation like this. You have to assert your superiority by pissing all over them.

I highly doubt any of your friends even watched Manchester

I never show my power level irl.
Most think you're pretentious if you just say the word "cinematography" which is ridiculous

>friend invites me and some others to a guys beer&movies night
>"hey user you're a film buff right, go put something good to download"
>could've brought my hard drive with me but I put a decent encode of the directors cut of Das Boot to download
>we eat the pizza and start drinking
>"okay user put the movie on"
>there's still 15-20 minutes remaining to download
>"lol what are you downloading some super special HD version? who cares about that"
>other user wips out an 8gb usb
>he got like 10 movies on it, all 700mb files
>they put Guardians of the Galaxy on
>it's a 55 inch Samsung TV and you can basically see the pixels and the audio is uncomprehensible
>they don't care and are heavily entertained, they clap at the end
>finally I put Das Boot on
>"this has subtitles? lmao user no one wants to read now c'mon"
>they exit and put Pulp Fiction on
>I just start drinking heavily to forget about it

Just end my life

>guys beer & movies night
>downloads Das Boot

it's not their fault that you are a fucking retard that doesn't understand what is an appropriate situation to watch Das Boot in

This. Or make new friends who share similar tastes.

no, it is pretentious. cinematography is what first year film students care about.

>le writing is the most important element meme

Film is a visual medium you ignorant cunt

lel. do you really think that the only two elements in film are writing and cinematography? and that cinematography is the sole component of the visuals?

> that feel when you enjoy all movies and understand normies so you can still recommend them movies

No, I just assumed you are one of those "all style no substance" fags who only cares about the written narrative, I don't see where did you get an idea of only 2 filmmaking elements

the fact that you assumed i was only interested in writing when i said i didn't care about cinematography implies you thought it had to be one or the other

for the record, i do care some about cinematography but there's so much more to cinema than jerking off over how good Stalker looks

But is there really that much more to cinema than jacking off to how good Stalker looks?

I hope this is all sarcasm Jesus autismo

>"i do care some about cinematography"
>"no, it is pretentious. cinematography is what first year film students care about"

make up your mind

for the record, it is only pretentious if you use it like "yeah the film was great, especially the cinematography, so exquisite". But that applies to any filmmaking element really.

That sounds like the perfect situation for Das Boot tbqhwyf.