God damn. Colbert has been killing it lately. How the hell is this motherfucker bouncing back so hard...

God damn. Colbert has been killing it lately. How the hell is this motherfucker bouncing back so hard? I thought he was done when he replaced Letterman.

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.com/story/2017/03/235-000-new-jobs-in-february-235916
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So....

So, President Trump...

Trump is an excellent joke that keeps writing itself and Colbert is used to doing political commentary. The audiences need to laugh out their misery now more than ever. Colbert is in a great spot for the next 4 years (or dare I say 8?)

Trump is a joke and gives Colbert unlimited material

Very easy to do humor when your president is a doofus. I call it the George W. Bush effect.

Colbert has been awesome lately, BUT I FUCKING HATE THIS BLACK GUY.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, CHRIST. SETTLE DOWN! I'M SURE YOU'RE A GREAT MUSICIAN, BUT YOUR LAUGHTER GETS ANNOYING AT THE 1000TH TIME

"So, today..."
*Crowd murmurs, already cognizant of what's to come, shivering slightly*
"President..."
*A rush, a tingle up the spine of every audience member, and every audience's member, like Colbert's hand has suddenly been placed gently on the small of their backs - they smile*
"Trump..."
*The audience giggles, they can't hold back much longer, the giggling goes on and on in waves*
"Said he had a huge audience..."
*Laughs break out among the audience, the humour has ignited a flame and it's begun to spread. They know what's about to hit.*
"Let's show the picture" - Picture comes up - again- of Trump's inauguration turnout. "Yikes!"
*BOOM. There it is. Thunderous applause echoes throughout the Ed Sullivan Theater as raucous laughter fills the air - screams of joy and mirth that continue unabated for the following three hours.*

Political comedy only really works when there's a conservative President.

Colbert is in his comfort zone, comedians weren't joking when they said Trump was the greatest thing to happen to them in years.

Trump is a joke, yeah.

haha drumpf

>S-S-S-STOP LAUGHING AT OUR GOD EMPEROR. I HATE IT WHEN YOU DO THAT! LAUGH! LAUGH! LAUGH! THAT'S ALL YOU DO!

>LAUGH! THAT'S ALL YOU DO!
Yeah, because you couldn't elect anyone better than a joke.

It is the same joke every single time. Trump is immature, he is crazy, he is bombastic, he is this, he is that, and the sky is falling.

so....donald drumpf.......eheh

I'm with you on that, buddy. America deserves Trump.

>S-S-STOP LAUGHING! WE WON! YOU CAN'T LAUGH AT US ANYMORE!

I'd prefer if they laughed at him over legitimate stuff. Trump has a huge ego, get on him over that. But no, lets talk about Russian hackers and trusting the CIA who has lied to send us to war before. This is dangerous behavior, I don't even think Colbert believes half of it he just sees a window to make a lot of money.

No, friend.

The world deserves Trump.

Colbert attacks Trump on pretty much every angle imaginable. Seems like nothing gets past him.

You gonna do this the whole thread?

Colbert is capable of doing more than saying "Look ha ha he's a REPUBLICAN IN CURRENT YEAR XD" and Trump is an easy figure to gather material from. Honestly, if less "comedians" weren't so intent on being buttmad about the fact he's president, they would be working a goldmine.

>The audiences need to laugh out their misery now more than ever.
You may as well try to empty a bottomless well.

"Biting commentary" is the only reprieve for a group that is and was chronically unhappy.

How much are they paying you?

This. Colbert is the one that's really digging all he can like there's no tomorrow. It's why Fallon, by comparison, is getting less viewers now.

I voted for Trump and I have no problem with attacking him over the stuff he is wrong about. I never agreed with him on torture or giving the CIA the right to take suspected terrorist's phone records.

My point is, when you attack him over every single thing and claim the sky is falling it is going to get old. Fast. Then if Trump does do something monumentally wrong or dangerous and Colbert talks about it, no one is going to believe him or take it seriously. And if you think he is just insignificant, he has a lot of viewers and idiotic as they may be, some of them get their news exclusively from him and people like Oliver.

>it is going to get old
When? Colbert's been doing it for months and it only seems to be doing him good. George Bush lasted comedians 8 years and he wasn't nearly as big an idiot as Trump.

>Political comedy only really works when there's a conservative President.
Every American president is either conservative or very conservative. The merely conservative ones get called "communists" by the uneducated cousinfucking hicks that make up 50% of America's population.

>I never agreed with him on torture
Torture actually works, though.

>When?
When Trump becomes popular, which he will. This isn't some deluded Trump voter saying this, you can mark my words that he will not only win re-election, but he will go down as a great President ONLY because he will do an ok job and the last few Presidents we've had have sucked dick. It is the Reagan effect: Do nothing that is incredibly stupid, and win because your predecessors fucked up that badly.

If I tortured you you'd confess to killing Lincoln. It doesn't work. General Mattis said so, I believe that roughneck over your dumbass.

>lose an election
>'win' late night comedy

you guys are gonna be sick of 'winning', believe me, you're gonna say "i'm tired of 'winning'" i tell ya

I agree, the laughter sounds forced and weird. You can hear him doing his slow, half-assed "he...he...he" laugh way after the audience stopped laughing. And he only laughs at the jokes that aren't that funny.

Someone needs to have Jon Batiste start telling actual jokes, or just take his mic away. The awkward middle ground where we hear him laughing just to remind us he exists adds nothing to the show.

Colbert is literally the Goy who cried Trump

So far, there are no signs pointing to the future you're expecting and hoping for. But I suppose it's possible.

You mean his ratings or the content?
I'm curious but sick to death of the shitty low blows to Trump and whining about liberal values. Old Colbert was actually entertaining not just a pundit.

DRUMPF!

>If I tortured you you'd confess to killing Lincoln.
If you don't torture with the objective of obtaining actionable intelligence of course you're going to get inanities.
>General Mattis said so
He said so because he's a fucking US official and he's not going to admit to endorsing torture or to knowing of ongoing torture. Or is it so inconceivable to you that a public official might say one thing in public while supporting the opposite in private?

>he's a fucking US official and he's not going to admit to endorsing torture or to knowing of ongoing torture.

Didn't stop Cheney or Rumsfeld

Strangely, Mccain is also against torture. Huh, wonder why that is.

>win an election
>still butthurt

Both, I guess. Is he doing good in the ratings?
I got tired of Colbert and didn't bother watching him past the first week when he replaced Letterman, I only gave him a chance a few days ago because one I saw one of his videos on youtube. He's really been on fire for the past 2 months, at least.

He was funny when he did a satirte on alt-right. Oh no wait. He wasnt funny, he was actually right, even though he didnt even know it, kek.

298,000 new jobs created so far this year under President Trump. Harley Davidson and Ford just committed to building their new plants in the US (Ford's plant had already begun construction in Mexico). The signs are all around us.

Don't think I'm some idiot that thinks Trump is going to save the world. He won't. But he will be remembered as Reagan 2.0 and Obama's legacy is going to completely buckle over this.

Maybe had the Democrats actually used some sense, they could have been ready to combat him by next term. But seeing as how Pelosi and Warren are still there and their new speaker is a wannabe Obama, they haven't learned anything. This was the jobs election, that was all that mattered and that is why Trump won. The Democrats were completely senile this election talking about how privilege and women and other shit no one cares about.

Epic bro simply epic. I work with a big-time television corporation and you're kind of humor is exactly what were looking for. May I offer you lunch, I'd like a discuss the opportunity of a lifetime with you.

Even SNL is occasionally funny now because of Trump.
>Those debate sketches
>That Sean Spicer sketch
It's been a great year for comedy, if nothing else.

>Didn't stop Cheney or Rumsfeld
Enhanced interrogation isn't torture.
>Mccain is also against torture. Huh, wonder why that is.
To keep up the cover that he was actually tortured in Vietnam and didn't just roll over on his buddies to keep Charlie from slipping bamboo up his fingernails. McCain is the biggest fraud there is.

mccain is a lying neocon traitor rat who was never tortured

Your gonna have to do a little better than that. You're mother would expect better from you.

>George Bush wasn't nearly as big an idiot as Trump.
Someone forgot W was a puppet that simply and I mean simply repeated what Mr. Cheney said to him.

What triggered you specifically

>He said so because he's a fucking US official and he's not going to admit to endorsing torture or to knowing of ongoing torture.
Top kek, you don't know Mattis then. He's talked about bombing civilians and slaughtering people before. Mattis doesn't want to not torture people because he thinks it is barbaric, he thinks it is a waste of time because it doesn't do anything.

The signs you're cherry-picking certainly tell your half of the story.

>enhanced interrogation
It's amazing you've remembered the exact terminology Rumsfeld was using to deflect on the issue 15 years ago. But by even the loosest definition it most certainly is

He literally had that CIA guy on the day the Vault 7 leaks happened so he could deny that they're spying on every single American citizen. That shit is fucking proven.

What a fucking piece of shit Colbert. A complete shill with ZERO integrity. Fuck him.

BTW, I'm not a big Trump guy or anything. I'm just against the government spying on us and the way he made sure to give them a platform to deny undeniable proof was disgusting. He's an enemy of the American people. He should be jailed for that treason.

fallon is a better man for it though. Hes at least trying to do something different then DUDE DRUMPFT XD every week
colbert is popular right now, like many others, because of butt hurt libs. Fallon will hold out in the long run
im not a fan of either one, but ill take fallon over everyone else at the moment

Depends on how long Trump lasts. If Trump goes the full 8 years, I could see Colbert being big for the next entire decade.

>298,000 new jobs created so far this year under President Trump.
Lmao I'd love to know what crackpot clickbait article you got that figure from

I'm being serious. That was one of the most creative, intelligent, wickedly hilarious things I've ever read. The 'George W. Bush' effect.. brilliant. It's not everyday we see someone with such drive, such vision, such ambition. Tell ya what, I'm gonna make some phone calls, kid. We're gonna make you an offer you can't refuse.

>Mattis doesn't want to not torture people because he thinks it is barbaric, he thinks it is a waste of time because it doesn't do anything.
He doesn't want to cede the moral high ground in the hope that if servicemen get captured, they won't be tortured as severely as they would if the US was a torture-state. Mattis is a military historian with access to the uppermost echelons of intelligence...he knows torture works.

>Plants that were supposed to go over the border came back to the US
>300k new jobs
>Air Force One price drop negotiated
Again, I'm not saying he is gonna bring us back the the 1950's prosperity wise. But the signs are right in front of your face that he is a lion among sheep. The people in Washington, including Republicans, are so soft. They weren't ready for this and Trump was the last one any of them wanted. They are actually doing their job now, which they hate.

Donald Trump was a brick through a glass window. That's why I personally love him. That's why the glass window (Republicans/Democrats) hate him. The country is stronger because of our President, under Hillary we wouldn't have imploded but it'd be the same old shit.

So 8 years of w Bush jokes dominating late night was because of butthurt love as well I assume

haha "drumpf"

Lmao he's still trying to salvage it

politico.com/story/2017/03/235-000-new-jobs-in-february-235916

Politico hates Trump and they are reporting this. What does that say.

Your sarcasm convinces me that you aren't butthurt at all right now.

Until you stop bitching

Good, but I don't know about killing it. Goggins killed it.

Actually it says 235k which is less than obamas 248k in January. These are just simple labor statistics and it's the same as we've been seeing for a couple years. Attributing it to Trump specifically makes literally no sense what are you talking about

Fallon started making jokes about Trump too, I think he's going for that audience.

If I were him, I'd do the exact opposite and go for the Sup Forumstard alt-right audience. Turn into the "based" guy when I make some light jokes defending Trump.

238k*

>a comedian having one single joke is okay when that joke aligns with my political views

How many (You)s is enough?

So Trump
No wait did you guys hear this
So this week Trump, no really
This week Trump did thing
And that's all for tonight

>It is the Reagan effect: Do nothing that is incredibly stupid, and win because your predecessors fucked up that badly.

Reagan was actually pretty awful. The reason nobody says Reagan was "stupid" is because he was useful to building the infrastructure for the oligarchy we live under right now. Why would the corporate owned media and various industries shit on the guy? He lowered the marginal tax rate from 70% from when he took office to 28% in 1986. If I was rich, I'd still be sucking the guy's dick too. But the man was absolutely awful for the middle class in America. It used to be that if you owned a business and made more than a million dollars a year (or whatever the cap was at that time) you had to give 90% of it to Uncle Sam. Most company owners said "fuck you" and reinvested that money back into their company instead. That's why working class people got regular raises in the first place. It wasn't out of the goodness of their bosses' hearts. Now there's no incentive to do that. Take what Clinton did with NAFTA and these awful trade agreements and companies just hire cheap labor and keep their money in tax havens and offshore accounts.

Trump is going to be even worse. If America doesn't wake up to how much he's going to fuck us over, then we're even stupider than I thought.

>thinking drumpf posts are specifically defending trump and not just mocking the tired formula of his comedy routine

I'm not some Trump shill but everyone is reporting this, user. Even people who had their doubts about his presidency are giving credit to the jobs he's created this quickly.

Just because you didn't vote for him (I didn't either) and CNN is constantly shitting on him (not for policy, usually how he eats his steak or his physical appearance) doesn't mean you have to think he can't do anything right. I didn't like Obama but there were things he did that I thought were good. Same with Trump. I like the amount of jobs he's created.

I don't know what's wrong with people that they're so butthurt about this. They literally feel like they have to just be negative non-stop about whoever they didn't vote for. It's like whoever they voted for does no wrong or the person they didn't is literally Hitler. Both sides are guilty of this. In reality, all candidates would've done things you like and don't like if you're thinking rationally but rationality was thrown out the window this election.

It's a real bummer.

as someone who isn't an amerifat, i'd just like to inform you that the rest of the world is tired of hearing about your president

please get new material

thanks

Posts like these honestly make you come across as triggered.

Welcome back everyone
So Today
No wait
Today Trump did thing
Look at thing supporter of Trump did
And that's all we have folks see you tomorrow

Yeah. My point stands.

I agree with most of the anons here. He is funny and one of the best late night host currently. But that doesn't say much with how shitty late night has gotten. The main problem is that he attacks trump on every single little. Saying "drumpf" and "le orange man" for the 100th time makes any criticism later on lose value. Also doesn't help that he just brushes over or shills against serious issues like corruption and the deep state

>when a dem is in office, it's thanks to him
>when a pub is in office, he had nothing to do with it

Welcome to Show
We decided to stop
No wait, you guys need to hear this
Trump did thing
No really, Trump did thing
Ok, that's it for tonight

I watched like 6 Colbert videos yesterday and he didn't utter the word "Drumpf" a single time. I think he called him an ugly orange once.

Butt

It's just a meme about people who just talk about trump non stop. Only Oliver is actually retarded enough to roll with it

Welcome
So Today, can we bring up tweet
So look at this Trump tweet
No really, Trump, am I right
Ok everyone, thanks for watching

Does John Oliver actually call Trump "Drumpf" on a regular basis? I know he did the one sketch about it, but is that something he keeps doing regularly?

Hurt

>implying Trump has an ideology
>implying Trump has a policy
>implying he is not being clownish while occasionally does what Bannon or Kushner tell him to do/say/read out loud
GWB lacked intelligence but he had some amazing people skills and the talent to recognize faces he only saw for 30 seconds years back. He seriously is a weird dude.
Would hang out with but shit POTUS:

We're back again folks
So did you guys hear what happened today
So Trump
No really
Trump
Ok. That's all we got for today
Good night

Actually Colbert is rather formulaic with his opening monologue. Joke=set-up+pay-off.

What jobs has he created? People act like the Carrier thing was this big deal. Trump was gonna save 2,100 jobs for the company but he actually ended up saving 800 and 350 of those weren't even slated to leave in the first place.

Most of the contract negotiations and job investments took place during the latter part of the Obama presidency. We won't really see the job impact Trump has until at least another 6 months.

Every single episode is the exact same. I can see why he's popular with liberals.

Yea, he's the one who started the whole thing. He slowly stopping with it since it's obviously retarded at this point but during the elections 1 out of every 3 trumps were said as DRUMPF. He even had drumpf merchandise that he tried to sell

It's funny Trump supporter are butthurt over Stewart and Oliver doing this when it was Trump who thought it was super cool to call Stewart by his real name.
In my heart he will always be Shitface van Clownstick tho.

No. He stopped doing that. Probably because "Drumpf" is really lame and not nearly as catchy as the insults Trump and Trump followers were using to describe Hillary. Hell, and I'm a liberal who likes his show. But damn, that Drumpf thing is awful. It's so cringey when I see liberals use it thinking that it's funny or a "great dig on Trump". It's not.

>It's funny Trump supporter are butthurt over Stewart and Oliver doing this when it was Trump who thought it was super cool to call Stewart by his real name.
Trump's real name is Trump, that's the difference.

The man only sleeds 4 hours a day. He also has the extreme likelyhood of having Telsa's secret projects since his uncle got them and most likely left them to him in his will. There is a bunch of strange/interesting stuff about him

That's fair... I just don't feel like anyone is giving him a chance. He's making moves towards creating American jobs and it looks like some good can come of his presidency but everyone is just trying to tank it.

The fact that there is a massive, unified, Soros funded movement against him which includes the mainstream media and all of Hollywood should cue people into the fact that he's trying to make some legit changes.

Both sides are just buying into shit SO hard that I don't know which way to turn. You have the left in a completely unified view that is so far off the mark I can't tell if they're serious sometimes (they certainly are, unfortunately). Literally ZERO difference in their political stance among shit tons of people and none of them see it as indoctrination. Political beliefs are never that uniform without it.

Then you have the right acting like Trump is the greatest man to ever live. I know some of it is reactionary to how retarded the left is making themselves appear but we still have no tax return and his shilling for Israel is concerning.

It's like the shitty folks in charge got exactly what they wanted. Americans with zero actual political beliefs or nuance in opinions. Just fucking zealots for one side or the other. Both are blind as fucking bats though.

Sad!

Nice reasoning there kiddo. Now tell me how this is relevant.