In Norway we have a saying:

In Norway we have a saying:
"Angry like a Turk"
Do you have this too in your country?
Also, when things get crazy we say "fug it's like Texas here now"

Do you have others about other people/countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_to_me
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tO91c8vbT7A
youtu.be/LR4XNqrqxrU
nzhistory.govt.nz/media/photo/ataturk-memorial-wellington
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we have the saying "amerikaanse toestanden"

>>"fug it's like Texas here now"
that's really fucking stupid

We have "became a Turk" which is used when someone is very angry.

Maybe, but it's very common to say here (like if there were fighting on a party or whatever).

"It was complete Texas"

holding a card deck and shaking is a "norwegian shuffle"

Yeah we say "they drowned at the shore like a gypsy" when someone fucks up right before finishing something
or "are you Turkish?" when someone doesn't understand something
or "ugly like the Russian language", this one is pretty self explanatory lol, not that common though

Ta en spansk en = do a spanish one

It means to finish a job hastily, some times by cheating or not bothering to do it properly.

We have "Twieled Tork" (A Turk has been born). This is usually said when it is sunny and raining at the same time.

Another commonly used saying is "Ħaqq it-Torok" (damn/curse the Turks). Used when something goes wrong.

>"are you Turkish?" when someone doesn't understand something

In Norway when we don't understand anything we say "that was completely Greek to me"

Very common thing to day here.

If there is deception, swindle, a con, facbrication going on we say it's "getürkt". Which means "turked".

Someone who sits behind "Schwedische Gardinen" (Swedish curtains) sits behind bars.

If something seems "spanisch" it seems iffy.

"WIe Gott in Frankreich leben" translates to living like God in France. It means living a luxurious life.

to say*

haha

This too, very common in Norway

we have gay like a swede

When things get crazy we say ''It's like the Old West''

When we throw a lavish party or buy something really expensive without thinking of the consequences we say: ''À grande e à francesa'' (Grand, the French way)

When we're in a tight spot and we're having a bad time we say ''Ver-se grego'' (Like a Greek)
Very old saying, nothing to do with the recent crisis

When we build useless buildings or buy something that serves no purpose we say: ''Para inglês ver'' (For an Englishman to see)

I'm sure there are more that I can't remember or are not widely used these days

funny thing we say "geschäft"

you are a poof like an american.

You say It when someone is mama's boy.

About Turks we say
>strong like a TÜRK

>Turk head
(a scapegoat or a victim of mockery)

>treat someone from Turk to Moor
(treat someone with extreme harshness

Also

When we can't understand a thing we say ''Estás a falar chinês?'' (Are you speaking Chinese?)

We have

"You're french" for a smelly person
Also "you're french" for an annoying person
Also "you're french" for an obnoxious person
And lastly "you're french" for a leftie

based french. truly the most cultured people on europe.

Or because they were allied with your shithole so they suck Turkish cock

Another one

When something is a complete mess we say ''Parece uma salada russa'' (Looks like a Russian salad)

We sometimes say that too, but usually it's "Greek"

I really hate when someone is trying to pull BYZANTINE TRICKS on me

Here we have
"filer à l'anglaise" (leave in an english way) for fleeing discreetly
but that's all

we were not shithole when we were allies.
they broke the alliance when we became shithole tho

>tfw you fucked the shit out of giaours so hard that their languages have proverbs about your country

>Or because they were allied with your shithole so they suck Turkish cock

nope their culture is the highest peak of the mountain of elegance. You brits can only envy and do nothing else.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_to_me

/thread

Leave mother Russia Slavic aryan white never mixed no multi cultur with the europian scum alone sabhuman cigan

lol is this agly sabhuman ??

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tO91c8vbT7A

Beatiful you just hate us since you are not us you are a filty ciganin scum

Lisan scum of earth u are a cigan u was cigan and for ever will be a filty cigan for us we are master race you will bow down for us soon sabhuman scum !!!!

Russin lenguge is the most clean and beatiful Slavic kind lenguge ever

Stop summoning us Romanian scum we mey come for real and your dream will come true this time we don't even need to come sabhuman cigan we have nukes and space :D

Suck our dick Romanian scum you and your mother suck my dick you sister will suck it to ;)

Don't give a shit about Romanian this scum summoning us

Fuck off leave us alone you are not Slavic we don't give a fuck about your cigan niger blood

Never heard that here, we say it's chinese instead

We have the term "young Turks," which is usually used to described youth agitators/rebels.
>like Texas
Yeah, I've heard that before. It makes me chuckle because, as far conservative states go, Texas is relatively sane. Kansas and Louisiana are better examples of insanity.

Saying that something seemed kinda "European" could mean it's either sophisticated or kinda gay.
>mama's boy
Don't you guys live with your parents until you're 30 or something?

we have ''domme Turk''

Thanks!

Afaik, that's where "gringo" comes from, and giving one solid example of what OP is asking about is not an appropriate use of /thread

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_to_me
we have that here, we also have "you're speaking double dutch"

You also some about greeks too

>"you're speaking double dutch"
kek this one is really good

We have "foreign" which means subhuman. We don't really distinguish non-anglo nations apart. If you don't speak English you don't qualify as first world. Europe is full of snow niggers who speak moon language. Africa is full of literal niggers who speak moon language. Asia is full of yellow niggers who speak moon language. South America is full of mixed niggers who speak moon language. The only other countries that actually exist are America, Canada and Australia. If you disagree you're basically an ape tbqh.

>you're speaking double dutch
kek funny

Look at 'variations' in that wiki article

quality

>like Texas

we got that too. When something chaotic and violent happens people tell ask each other If they are in texas or not. Though not a common usage in Turkey.

>Don't you guys live with your parents until you're 30 or something?

Some do.Those who live with their, mostly do that because of terrible city planning and poverty rather than anything else.

+ new zealand

"wild west" is more common than "texas"

Australian colony

possibly, depends on the person I suppose. When I was a child I heard the usage of Texas in that regard more.

s-stop talking about us REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

we have
"fumare come un turco"
"to smoke like a tuk"
meaning smoking a lot

youtu.be/LR4XNqrqxrU

father used to smoke 2 packs a day.

was he angry?

"It's all Greek to me" is a common English expression too.

We have “I’ve been kept french to this” when we don’t understand what others are talking about

never angry to me for sure. but saw him angry to others couple of times. pretty menacing.

>Yeah, I've heard that before. It makes me chuckle because, as far conservative states go, Texas is relatively sane. Kansas and Louisiana are better examples of insanity.
Well, Texas is funny. Louisiana is just shitty and depressing.

The one people use the most without thinking is probably Mexican Standoff, a situation where two or more parties are in a confrontation and neither can immediately withdraw without great danger.

>Louisiana is just shitty and depressing.
Ever been to Kansas or Oklahoma? Yikes.

I get that TX = cowboys, and cowboys = wild west for foreigners. I still think we have lots more basket case states. Imo, we should say something has gone the "full Vermont" when it's retarded.

We call it hebrew
>it's all hebrew for me

"He has a Latin temper" = he is an angry beaner

I don't think we have anything for T*rks.

yeah :DDDD gay like a swede :DD not kidding

edgy

...and 'masculine like a Norwegian'?

All this international Turkey abuse

O boy am i laffin

Pillar una Turca/Kurda
>To catch a Turkish/Kurdish
To get drunk af

We sometimes say "Excuse my French" when we say something vulgar or impolite

Usually swearing

>that's like Chinese to me
When you don't understand anything

>He is their turkish head
A turk(ish?) head is someone everyone picks on, and usually can't stand for himself

>This is Byzantium
When seeing a very luxurious place, or when someone has a lot of money in general

>To leave the english way
To run away, usually after you screwed up and don't want to take your responsabilities

>a chinese puzzle
Something very complicated

>This guy is an American
When someone over exagerates everything and overreact about anything

Probably a lot I missed but that's all i can think of right now

When something is unnecessarily complicated and convoluted, it's "Byzantine."

'going dutch' means to split the bill at a restaurant
no idea why

To "gyp" means to scam or trick, e.g. "that salesman gypped me on the car."

We also have “going to natasha”, pretty self-explanatory

"Turkey" can also mean "Occupied Byzantium".

In Spain, scapegoat is refered as "Cabeza de turco" (Turk head)

like a Turk means weird/wrong

We have an ironic saying to drive the point home when someone is obviously disqualified for a job or going after a girl obviously out of his league.
"You're only missing being black, Jewish and Argentine"

To "Jew you down" means to out-negotiate or cheat you out of a fair price.
"Nigger rigging/ghetto rigging/Jerry rigging" means to build or repair something using unconventional and/or improvised means.

>stoner edition
Being "chink-eyed" refers to the squinty eyes cannabis users get.
"Nigger lipping" is when someone gets saliva from their lips on a shared joint.

in Argentina we call tittyfucking "hacer la turca", "doing the turkish one"

here Byzantine is only used for Byzantine discussion/argument (discución bizantina)

It means a ridiculous, obscure, pointless metaphisical arguments, with no common sense, in which it is impossible to prove anything.

We call chaotic meetings with no real results "Polsk riksdag" translating to "Polish parliament"

Does anyone actually like Turkey? I didn't realize their reputation was so universally bad.

>Trabajar como chino
Working as a Chinese (as a slave).

>Está en chino
It's Chinese (same as "it's Greek to me").

>Andar a lo gringo
Going a là American (to not use underwear)

Can't think of any other atm but there are some more.

Byzantine means "overly compliated" in the Anglo world, and is often used to refer to how some companies/organizations run.

Japs do, for some reason.

No one uses those anymore. They say "jury rigging."

>Going a là American
Interesting. Here it's called "going commando," which I believe means that you're sending your best forward without crucial cover.

no

I would like Turkey if they didn't hate me (and everyone).

>jury rigging
They write that because it's a misunderstanding of Jerry rigging, and yes, people do use those other terms.
Let me guess: you're attending a university. Fucking kids....

here it's Trabajar como un Negro, working like a black man, which is a clear reference to working like a slave

In Spanish it makes reference to the disputed Byzantines used to have on issues such as the gender of Angels or if Jesus could laugh. It is used for people who discuss about useless very speculative stuff.

We actually still view your country quite positively, with the whole Galipoli connection. There's an Ataturk memorial in coastal Wellington.
nzhistory.govt.nz/media/photo/ataturk-memorial-wellington

Serviço de preto = Black people's job
When a person makes something bad, we say it's serviço de preto

FUCK OFF YOU CUNTS WE DON'T GET ANGRY AT ALL FUCK YOU YOU BRAINDEAD RETARDED CULTURELESS RETARDS

you’d be the most loved country in the region if you could just stop messing with the middle east over and over again for your israeli masters

Klämma en neger (clamp a nigger) = Take a shit.

People call others polaks when they say something dumb.

something gopes czech= it goes wrong
there's a jew in it=there's a mistake in it

>pardon my French
apologizing for rude language

>a Mexican standoff
some kind of dispute with tension between two parties

and idk if this counts but
>quit cold Turkey
quitting the usage of an addictive substance immediately

Han är så svensk = he's so Swedish
Girls say that about non-threatening, non-sexual guys.

Same over here.

why is there a stereotype of turks being angry wE ARE NOT ANGRY YOU LITTLE SHITS I WILL RAPE YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY AAAAHHHHHHH

Isn't a Mexican stand off three parties?
Also I guess cold Turkey refers to the bird.