We should not make films for the dumbest of us

>We should not make films for the dumbest of us.

>“I think interesting interpretations happen in movies with less information. In most modern films, we have successfully killed the act of allegory or metaphor or meaning or even the space to process the poetic meaning of the imagery because we don’t allow it to sit on scene without commentary for very long. A wide shot hardly ever exists anymore without fucking type underneath it telling you where you are and the sound of a teletype machine. We just can’t let an image sit for fear that one of our ADD audience members cannot possibly keep from looking at their phone during that shot. We should not make films for the dumbest of us. There is some level where you have to take a moment to go, 'What am I saying?' And it’s not just about violence or did I contradict the canon of this comic, but there’s bigger issues, what am I saying about life? And am I actually helping people stay anaesthetized and ignorant? Am I contributing to the problem?”

What did Mangold mean with this? Dare is say he is /ourguy/? Did he BTFO the MCU?

He made a good movie after fucking up twice, good for him.

How about you make a movie for yourself and not to make a lot of money/popularity, or make a movie to make a lot of money and not bitch?
it's not hard

Mangold is the true bringer of capekino. Snyder is a false prophet

Hail Mangold! Hail!

Mangold cant even follow his own canon. Yukio said Logan would die in a small room. Logan died in the fucking woods.

Snyder delivers his promises. Russel Crowe said Clark would be a titanic figure to the people. Pa Kent was afraid of how people would react to such a figure. BvS was an in-depth study of both of these viewpoints

Logan was a mediocre movie with great acting.

this is completely true. however, without competent direction, even great acting wouldn't have been able to shine. the movie doesn't deserve credit for being a masterpiece, but it was very good, and the director had the wisdom to let his actors fill the space and not get in their way.

>allegory or metaphor or meaning or even the space to process the poetic meaning of the imagery

what the fuck is he talking about?

if you make a movie that doesn't have several glaring plot holes or plot driven by utterly nonsensical choices at every turn that'd already make it the cleverest one in a while.

he's made a bunch of good movies user...

wew lad

>comparing a minor line said in one movie to literally the themes of two movies

Logan died in the small room with Professor Xavier. James Howlett died later in the movie.

that's kind of his point...

Do you seriously think Mangold gives a shit about "canon"
The Wolverine was a massive compromise to begin with. He got lucky he eventually got to make the Wolverine movie he actually wanted to make

Wow this film is for adults. It's rated R so it's very much not for children, did I already mention it's for grown ups?

he fucking flatlines in the wolverine while trying to get that robot parasite thing from his heart
but his regeneration brings him back

the asian bitch literally says "this is the room i saw you die in"

>"Wolverine was born James Howlett in Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada, during the late 1880s..."
When I saw that name I thought it was some kind of fake or alias

if it was his point he would have said it instead of babbling about allegory and poetic meaning

>if you make a movie that doesn't have several glaring plot holes or plot driven by utterly nonsensical choices at every turn that'd already make it the cleverest one in a while.
boiled down, you're saying a simple movie that makes sense would make it seem like a smart movie today.

He's saying we're at a point where movies have been dumbed down way too much and maybe it's time we stop making movies for retards.

In Origins everyone calls him Jimmy

>am I actually helping people stay anaesthetized and ignorant

yes, and that's a good thing

I liked Logan because it let me think.

Only other comic movie that made me think was Batman v Superman.

Literally what was there to think about in Winter Soldier? Killing people is bad?

Cap's speech: Freedom v Fear

Also forgot to add X2 and First Class to that list

Snyder is merely John the Baptist.