Just saw this and its actually better than the Harry Potter series. How is that possible?

Just saw this and its actually better than the Harry Potter series. How is that possible?

D

U

L

L

E

No!

?

Californian friends living in UK see this and unironically complain it's;
>anti American propaganda

Why?

>Adult actors instead of child actors
>Manhattan in the 1920s instead of a British boarding school in the 1990s
>A plucky relatable MC and sidekick who each have their own unique, 3D character development
>good humor without stupid quips
>a hot blonde and a cute brunette who do productive things instead of being annoying
>a direct-to-the-screen Rowling script instead of an adapted novel that skips 90% of the good stuff

Where's the confusion

Because no fucking children.

Because they're special snowflakes

Don't make me pull the pasta kid.

Everything in this movie was honestly great. Grindelwahld was the weakest link of the film but he was only in it proper for 30 seconds.

>No!
''No!''

no shit kid actors

because rowling didn't write it

>hurr

rowling didnt write that shitty play, she wrote this

Should I watch this? I've never seen any of the HP movies btw.

Fantastic Beasts is the perfect example of the modern Hollywood movie. It casts the hit Hollywood star of the minute and it's loosely connected to a wildly successful franchise. This movie was made for the sole purpose of making money. There is no other reason. Rowling, Yates, the actors, everyone... all in it for the money.

It's easy to imagine the pre-production meetings... You know, that cute tree in Guardians of the Galaxy was really popular among audiences, let's have one of those. And people really liked that dive bar with lots of goofy creatures and fun music in Star Wars, let's have one of those too. It's frustrating when I hear people call this film imaginative. There's a reason all the fantastic beasts look so cute. Because toys.

Yet again we see Eddie Redmayne overact, taking the role of "autistic British wizard" to a level not needed. There was no chemistry between any of the actors, which made for awkward moments throughout the whole 2+ hours runtime. The relationship between Colin Ferrell and Ezra Miller especially seems unintentionally predatory.

There are two completely separate plots that are sloppily connected. One of the plots is pushed so hard and is used only to create a franchise of this thing. If they focused on only the fantastic beasts instead of the bizarre possessed horror aspect with a cheap twist, the film might not have been half bad.

In the end, yet again, almost a whole city gets destroyed in the climax. By now it is beyond tiring and by my count that is how FOUR big budget movies have ended in 2016. And by what, a fucking dark cloud. The whole film, each and every scene, is predictable, features terrible CGI, obvious blue screen, lifeless sound stages, and is riddled with plot holes

Simply put: You have terrible taste even if the other movies were shit too.

>No!
"No!"

>The relationship between Colin Ferrell and Ezra Miller especially seems unintentionally predatory.